Jed's Old Dead Thread

Jedi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Contra 3?

Possibly, I'm not as well versed in it as 1 or Super C, so I'd probably have to do some practice runs haha.

Great Contra run Bro! You make it look really easy. they didn't stand a chance~!

as for suggestions, how about Sonic cd or one of the classic ninja gaidens? would be pretty cool~

Sonic CD probably would be easily manageable, Ninja Gaiden I'd probably have to do a PRACTICE RUN FOR :P:

Dunno how good you actually are at it, but I'd be up for watching a Gunstar Heroes LP right about now.

Dunno how good you actually are at it, but I'd be up for watching a Gunstar Heroes LP right about now.

Actually, I'd be up for us somehow co-oping that be it either actually co oping the game or even just co-op commentary, I'd need to do a few runs of it espcially Seven Force before I was confident though.

Will jot it down. Although I have to fix the kinks out of my recorder first, for some reason it doesn't like Genesis/Megadrive games atm.

Edited by Jedi

I'd be up for that! Getting netplay to work shouldn't be too much of a hassle, after all.

Yeah, should be fun.

Also I managed a Super C run for all of your entertainment, hopefully my lesser skill at this game isn't detrimental to your enjoyment :P:

Possibly, I'm not as well versed in it as 1 or Super C, so I'd probably have to do some practice runs haha.

Works for me. I mentioned it since I saw mention of Contra. Just... beware the boss of the second overhead stage. It's bullshit.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I gave Jedi some... "advice" through PMs and that totally doesn't mean I was trash talking his run or anything, but he suggested that I throw out a few Super C pointers for his next run or for those who want to play it themselves in this thread

• On boss 2 you can move almost directly to the left of the green dude in the beginning and quick kill him with good mashing with spread, which ends the boss fight
  • On the stage 6 segment with the red orbs spawning from the wall, you can just hug the left side in the beginning and hold up. There's even a spread that you can get on that side
  • On boss 6's second form, you can pretty much hug the head on the bottom right or left and just mash it out with spread for a quick kill
  • On the stage 8 segment with the lowering ceiling, you can just outrun the red balls if you're quick enough

Also on some weird weapon stuff, spread actually got nerfed, but it just increases the health of large enemies when you have it. It's still the best weapon in the game though F can quick kill bosses about as fast. Also, picking up a weapon gets rid of all of your R, even if you collected the weapon you already have

Also Jedi Contra 4 is pretty good you should try it *nudge* *nudge*

I gave Jedi some... "advice" through PMs and that totally doesn't mean I was trash talking his run or anything, but he suggested that I throw out a few Super C pointers for his next run or for those who want to play it themselves in this thread

• On boss 2 you can move almost directly to the left of the green dude in the beginning and quick kill him with good mashing with spread, which ends the boss fight
  • On the stage 6 segment with the red orbs spawning from the wall, you can just hug the left side in the beginning and hold up. There's even a spread that you can get on that side
  • On boss 6's second form, you can pretty much hug the head on the bottom right or left and just mash it out with spread for a quick kill
  • On the stage 8 segment with the lowering ceiling, you can just outrun the red balls if you're quick enough

Also on some weird weapon stuff, spread actually got nerfed, but it just increases the health of large enemies when you have it. It's still the best weapon in the game though F can quick kill bosses about as fast. Also, picking up a weapon gets rid of all of your R, even if you collected the weapon you already have

Also Jedi Contra 4 is pretty good you should try it *nudge* *nudge*

I actually didn't know about the Spread giving bulkier enemies more HP, is that why boss 3 and boss 7 took more hits than I usually remember? Must be.

I'll give Contra 4 a good sometime soon!

Edited by Jedi

What's Gunstar Heroes again?

If I could make a suggestion, does Super Castlevania count as old school?

Still holding out for this. I'm a SNES platformer whore, and would love to see you grind through some MMX/X2/X3 and SuperCas.

Still holding out for this. I'm a SNES platformer whore, and would love to see you grind through some MMX/X2/X3 and SuperCas.

I'd do the X games, but like most people who do gaming videos do them, so I'd probably want to wait for the most part.

Super Castlevania IV is a most likely deal, considering i'm doing a practice run of it right as I post this.

What about others like Earthworm Jim, Super Star Wars (c'mon man, you're Jedi) and Kirby's Super Star [if we're sticking SNES]?

What about others like Earthworm Jim, Super Star Wars (c'mon man, you're Jedi) and Kirby's Super Star [if we're sticking SNES]?

I actually have little experience with Earthworm Jim or Super Star Wars! Blasphemy I know.

I am very familiar with Super Star though.

Actually, I'd be up for us somehow co-oping that be it either actually co oping the game or even just co-op commentary, I'd need to do a few runs of it espcially Seven Force before I was confident though.

Will jot it down. Although I have to fix the kinks out of my recorder first, for some reason it doesn't like Genesis/Megadrive games atm.

Are you using Kega/Fusion? If so, I believe it's a problem with Fusion itself. I've read some cases say that disabling aero or desktop composition(?) helps with recording it? I can't confirm that though.

What's Gunstar Heroes again?

Oh my.

It's a run and gun on Gens. You can mix and match weapons, do OP melee attacks, pick your stage order, etc. And it even has an annoying auto-scrolling stage that takes forever.

In my ever-so humble opinion, it's one of the best non-rpgs on Genesis

Works for me. I mentioned it since I saw mention of Contra. Just... beware the boss of the second overhead stage. It's bullshit.

Should I be shameless and post my vid of my fight with it?

Edited by Soledai

Are you using Kega/Fusion? If so, I believe it's a problem with Fusion itself. I've read some cases say that disabling aero or desktop composition(?) helps with recording it? I can't confirm that though.

Yeah I am, i'll look into that.

Also I just realized if I'm to show off Contra III I gotta do Hard Mode to show the true final boss.

Well that means I gotta practice alot

Also in the meantime have the beginning of Dragonball Advanced Adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwuy3IecfRE&feature=youtu.be

Question of the video for you lot to answer if you so wish. How did you get into Dragonball/Z etc if you are into it?

Edited by Jedi

I can confirm that disabling desktop composition works to record Fusion. Granted I had the infinite mirror effect for some reason in my test recording.

If you played the JP version, Contra Spirits, you can fight the true final boss on Normal mode(but no English ending, of course). Or not, and grind out practice for Hard mode.

I can confirm that disabling desktop composition works to record Fusion. Granted I had the infinite mirror effect for some reason in my test recording.

If you played the JP version, Contra Spirits, you can fight the true final boss on Normal mode(but no English ending, of course). Or not, and grind out practice for Hard mode.

It almost feels like a cop out though :P:

Watching the Frieza arc in Kai is how I got into it. Good shit, even if it's crazy long.

At least Kai cut the majority of the fluff in the Goku vs Frieza fight, although it also cut Tien, Yamcha and Chaotzu vs the Ginyu's which is actually one of my favorite bits of filler, DB/Z knew how to do filler at least, unless it was the Frieza fight :P:

Question of the video for you lot to answer if you so wish. How did you get into Dragonball/Z etc if you are into it?

I woke up sick one morning in my early years, lviing in New Jersey. I turned on the TV in my room ( i just got it hooked up a few weeks prior ) and the TV went to Channel 11. Immediately, I saw the opening for Sailor Moon episode 1 starting, and was instantly hooked. I couldn't believe...Anime? What is this?

Then, DBZ started up

I was hooked. It's got a huge nostalgia factor to me, but represents my childhood in a way, as I grew up with Gohan, only ever being like 4 years older than he was and kinda going at the same pace. It was pretty cool.

Hmmm... I was into DBZ for quite a long time (I think I started in the late 1990s or something). Can't remember how I got into it, though...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I woke up sick one morning in my early years, lviing in New Jersey. I turned on the TV in my room ( i just got it hooked up a few weeks prior ) and the TV went to Channel 11. Immediately, I saw the opening for Sailor Moon episode 1 starting, and was instantly hooked. I couldn't believe...Anime? What is this?

Then, DBZ started up

I was hooked. It's got a huge nostalgia factor to me, but represents my childhood in a way, as I grew up with Gohan, only ever being like 4 years older than he was and kinda going at the same pace. It was pretty cool.

I think we all kinda related with Gohan in aspects, which was part of the cool thing with the majority of the series.

Funny you ask. I was playing the game that introduced me to the series this past weekend. Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1. I was introduced to this game when I went to a friend's birthday party when we were in first grade. I thought it was so awesome I asked for Budokai 1 and Budokai 2 for Christmas that next year.

I actually decided to re-watch Dragon Ball earlier this week... tbh I haven't seen too much of the show, but I know certain things that happen

My feelings from DragonBall and Dragonball Z may seem odd.... honestly I think it is stupid. I like it a lot. But I think it is dumb. Does that make sense?

Funny you ask. I was playing the game that introduced me to the series this past weekend. Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1. I was introduced to this game when I went to a friend's birthday party when we were in first grade. I thought it was so awesome I asked for Budokai 1 and Budokai 2 for Christmas that next year.

I actually decided to re-watch Dragon Ball earlier this week... tbh I haven't seen too much of the show, but I know certain things that happen

My feelings from DragonBall and Dragonball Z may seem odd.... honestly I think it is stupid. I like it a lot. But I think it is dumb. Does that make sense?

Parts of the series are dumb, but I think Dragonball holds up alot, not so much Z, but it still has some great moments too.

Budokai 1 & 2 are both really fun.

I started off watching DBZ on good old Toonami along with Sailor Moon, Gundam and other animes. Those were some good times back then, good times.

Toonami sure was a good introduction haha.