FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Wow, I forgot to do quite a few things for Rye.

Level up quotes.

0-1 Stats: The day is soon.

2-3 Stats: ...

4-5 Stats: Maybe I will become old...

6-7 Stats: Mother, Father, are you proud of me?

Promotion: Will the day come sooner, or nearer, I do not know...

Ending (Alive): Rye moved to (Lord's village/home) and lived a long and peaceful life.

Ending (Dead): Rye was sadly forgotten to history, only few ever knew he existed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I haven't made an OC in a long time, hope this is good enough for ya. You can make changes to it if you want.

Name: Leila

Class: Dark Mage

Early Game Join (preferably, but it's ok if you make her join later in the game)

Appearance: (Please forgive me, I have no idea how to make sprites at all!) Leila has candy-pink hair, with jet-black eyes. She has long flowing hair at shoulder length. She wears a cloak with a collar that's popped. (lol 90's)

Bio: A daughter of peasants, Leila never had the simple things in life we take for granted. At a young age, she became a spell caster and potion maker, and eventually it turned from a hobby to an occupation. She had always used potions and magic for good, until one day, she put a new ingredient she had never tried before into a potion. She asked someone to try the potion and they promptly....kicked the bucket. Her village later found out she was the cause of the villager's death, so she escaped the village, amd is on the run.

Level 3-5

HP: 15

Str: 3

Mag: 11

Skill: 7

Spd: 8

Lck: 1

Def: 6

Res: 7

Weapon Exp: D in Tomes

Weapon: Blutzauber (Dark Magic, Drains 30% of users HP after battle. 9 mt, 65 hit, 5 crit, -5 avoid. Rng 1-2. E rank)

Description of Blutzauber: A dark magic spell wielded by Leila. It's origins are unknown. It is said to only be able to be wielded by dark mages with bad life experiences.

Personal Skill: Potion Roulette: Every 3 turns, this unit will make a potion that will buff 3 of their stats, and nerf 2 others.

Recruitment:

Leila: Eh? Who are you?! If you're from the village, I won't die without a fight!

Hero: I-I don't want to hurt you! I just wanted to talk to you!

Leila: Oh. I guess you guys aren't from the village, eh? You're from some army. It looks cool. Can I join?

Hero: Woah! Not so fast there! Do you understand the situation we're in?!

-Hero explains the situation-

Leila: Oh, I see. I still want to join your little army, though. I have some disastrous spells here, so I can hold my own!

Hero: *sigh* If you insist. Do you think you're fit for the army, though?

Leila: WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?! I'LL HEX YA, YA KNOW!

-conversation end-

After Chapter:

Leila: Hey, that was fun! I might just stay in this army for a while!

Hero: Wait, you weren't planning to stay?

Leila: Don't you worry your little heart any more, (Hero). I'll stay here now. I have no more plans of leaving this army.

Hero: *sigh of relief*

Player Description:

A soldier from a small village, born to peasants. She specializes in spells and potions. The most dangerous person to get angry at in the army. Born July 1st.

Level Quotes:

Great: (5+ or more) W-Wow! I never dreamed I could be this great!

Good (4+) A decent result, but I still have not achieved perfection!

Average (3+) This is s-so... AVERAGE! I have to try harder.

Poor: (2+) Oh gods....This is way below what my parents would expect of me..

Awful (1+) I-I should expect this....Being a peasant......

Forgot some stuff~

Promotion Quote: Will this make me richer.....? I MEAN, IN KNOWLEDGE!

Ending (Alive) After the war, Leila disappeared to a small village where she later made it into a thirving town. She never pursued the dark magic again, although scholars claim that she used magic on occasion...

Ending (Dead) Leila was never forgotten, and her fellow soldiers always told everyone charming stories about her. However, bards and scholars argued that Leila gave potions to her fellow soldiers which made them have a good impression of her...

Yes indeed, Necromancer animation is available for those who want it--Dark Sage, a fitting name. Both those skills sound pretty cool, and while I wasn't planning on doing the lv5/lv15 skill gain thing, I can, sure.

All righty, but if he's going Archsage, unless you want ridiculous incongruity I think that pretty well explains what sort of appearance he'll have.

What sprite base does Magethief use? And yeah, I mean actually Bolting doesn't intrinsically disallow doubling, I was thinking of making it do so, but Rye will basically be the only one who can double with it, so that works out.

Loup portrait, easy. Hah. Yeah, if anyone has an idea there other than using the Doog class card, I'm all for it!

@Wilhelm, what do you know, I was actually planning on making a different sword-using pegasus knight join about that time, but I can replace her with him and just add her later, sure!

Rye quotes yay

A portrait for Loup should be easy, right?

You should just have his portrait be a custom Wolf Link sprite. Just kidding, actually.

Also, are the lord classes off limits for promotion? If they aren't allowed, have Mcdoga promote into a Swordmaster. But if they are allowed, have Mcdoga promote into a Knight Lord (Eliwood's promoted class from FE7).

And could you direct me to Yeti's corsair sprite please?

Play FE7x! It might be hard without a computer, though, so...

Oh, wait, in my version of FEXNA, Corsair doesn't look like this. Well, I'll be using his update, but also the original Corsair sprite:

http://orig10.deviantart.net/26a9/f/2011/231/5/f/pirate___fe7x_by_bwdyeti-d476ed8.gif

Knight Lord is A-OK! Do you want the Beta Durandal sprite or the release one? (Beta one is much smaller, and it's a slash; release version is super long and used for stabbing) And so Sword/Lance?

(To avoid confusion, though, maybe Knight Lord should be renamed)

Edited by 47948201

I have a couple of characters that I would like to implement:

Bogan

Mug: coming soon

Profile: A morph from a faraway land. He's one of Silver's retainers, the other being his sister, Nadine. He is the decision-maker of the two, valuing logic above all else. However, he tries his hardest to keep emotion from clouding his judgement, making him seem cold and ruthless to others. He often acts as the Cloud Cuckoolander's Minder to Silver, much to his chagrin.

Class: Soldier that promotes into Halberdier

Join-time: Early-to-mid game, recruitment by Hero or Rolo.

Personal Skill: Feel no Pain

Deals +10 damage if he is doubled.

Silver

Mug: jnTzqjN.png

Profile: A king from a faraway land. To be blunt, he's insane. Silver is idiotic, sociopathic, brash, impulsive, and generally has no idea what he's doing. However, contrary to popular belief, he does have a method to his madness. He never lashes out at random, only to people who have wronged him or someone he cares for. People tend not to see this trend as they often run away screaming when they see him brutally murdering bandits. However, get this guy to like you, and you have a valuable ally.

Class: Swordmaster

Join-time: Late-game, talk with Bogan to recruit

Personal Skill: Killing Spree

If this unit kills an enemy, Atk/Spd +1 and crit +3 for every enemy within this unit's movement range. (Recovers 1/turn, max 5 enemies)

Fair enough.

Backup personal skill: Psychopath

Adds +20% to RNG-based skills

OR

Doubles EXP if unit scores a Critical Hit

Whichever is easier to implement, take your pick.

Both characters start out as green units.

QUOTES:

Bogan:

[level-up]

0-1: "How disappointing..."

2-3: "Not strong enough."

4-5: "Getting better..."

6 and up: "BOOYAH! --I mean, yes, this is acceptable."

Promotion: "I will admit, I feel like I can do anything."

Silver:

[level-up]

0-1: "No no no no no! NO! NO! Bad Silver!"

2-3: "I can do better... I think."

4-5: "I'd like to thank all the mutilated corpses who made this possible!"

6 and up: "Who's the greatest king around? Who's the greatest king in town? Silver, that's me!"

Edited by SilverHairedFreak25

(Copy+pasted from Petitt's post).

An absolute self-insert.

NAME: Kabocha
CLASS: Troubadour

APPEARANCE: Short girl, black hair and very dark brown eyes. Darker skin than most characters, but lighter than Jaffar's. Short black hair that's a bit like Leila's, but it's shorter and she wears one of the things Nino does, I forgot the name. She wears a black cape and a short purple dress with black stockings. Has a female pony called Damoiselle.
RECRUITMENT: Mid-game to end-game, she's a Nino type thing.
BIO: A young flowergirl who doesn't reveal much about herself, yet she's happy to listen to others.
PERSONALITY: Intelligent and kind, loves to learn more about others, but she's a bit shy and an introvert so she prefers to analyze people and then make a move. Easily panics and a bit of a klutz.

WEAPON RANKS: Staves-D
WEAPON RANKS POST PROMOTION: Staves-D Anima-D
BASES:
Level 3
HP: 15
MAG: 4
SKL: 6
SPD: 7
LCK: 8
DEF: 3
RES: 4
CON: 4?
MOVE: 6
MOVE POST PROMOTION: 7

GROWTHS:
HP: 60%
MAG: 65%
SKL: 55%
SPD: 45%
LCK: 45%
DEF: 35%
RES: 30%

PROMOTION: Valkyrie

SKILLS:
Something generic plus this:
Observe:
Depending on the weapon her enemy uses, her DEF or RES gets a +2 bonus.
Rose's Thorns:

Adjacent allies deal 2 more damage and receive 1 damage less.

MAX STATS:
HP: 26
MAG: 26
SKL: 24
SPD: 23
LCK: 22
DEF: 16
RES: 18

Quotes:
0-1: T-This can't be...
2-3: This won't work...
4-5: Ah,I'm making progress!
6: I...I'm doing great!

Custom weapon:

Fleur Baguette - Proof rank Staff.

A very pale dark green staff with a purple orb-thing.

Uses: 35

Hit: --

Critical: --

Range: 1

Weight: --

It's like Fortify, but it only heals units adjacent of her. Heals as much as a Heal staff.

Obtained by visiting the village from which she comes out of to join your army. Given by the villagers, for the "girl with the flowers.".

Supports:

During supports she often tries to understand the other person by asking them questions and leaving after they answer, possibly allowing for some funny scenes. She doesn't speak much about herself and sometimes brings up the topics of beauty during more serious and thought provoking supports and food during the less serious ones.

She supports with various characters, including the more "mysterious and edgy" ones, trying to break them out of their shell. She also likes making subtle references to official Fire Emblem games.

Battle Palette:

http://i.imgur.com/JRbQgHo.png?1

Edited by Floral Pattern

I would like the beta Durandal please.

Also, quote time!

Mcdoga

Level up

0-1: "This... is horrible."

2-3: "I can do better, but at least I'm making progress."

4-5: "I'm one step closer to glory!"

6 or more: "Yeah! This feels great!"

Promotion: "With this new power, I can protect all my friends even better."

Dominik

Level up

0-1: "A real hero wouldn't do this..."

2-3: "I still feel like a rookie."

4-5: "That was a good result!"

6 or more: "I'm really feeling it!"

Promotion: "All right! I can feel the power!"

Christian

Level up

0-1: "I don't feel a difference."

2-3: "This could help make some gold, but not much."

4-5: "Now, this is definitely a good thing!"

6 or more: "This is a golden opportunity to become even stronger!"

Promotion: "I shall treasure this moment forever!"

(Copy+pasted from Petitt's post).

An absolute self-insert.

NAME: Kabocha

CLASS: Student (Custom class).

APPEARANCE: Short girl, black hair and very dark brown eyes. Darker skin than most characters, but lighter than Jaffar's. Short black hair that's a bit like Leila's, but it's shorter and she wears one of the things Nino does, I forgot the name. She wears a black cape and a short purple dress with black stockings.

RECRUITMENT: Mid-game to end-game, she's a Nino type thing.

BIO: A young girl who doesn't reveal much about herself, yet she's happy to listen to others.

PERSONALITY: Intelligent and kind, loves to learn more about others, but she's a bit shy and an introvert so she prefers to analyze people and then make a move. Easily panics and a bit of a klutz.

WEAPON RANKS: Staves-D

WEAPON RANKS POST PROMOTION: Staves-D Anima-D

BASES:Level 3HP: 15MAG: 4SKL: 6SPD: 7LCK: 8DEF: 4RES: 5CON: 4?MOVE: 5

MOVE POST PROMOTION: 6GROWTHS:HP: 60%MAG: 65%SKL: 55%SPD: 45%LCK: 45%DEF: 35%RES: 30%PROMOTION: PsychologistSKILLS: Something generic plus this:

Observe:

Depending on the type of enemy, her DEF or RES gets a +2 bonus.MAX STATS:HP: 26MAG: 21SKL: 24SPD: 23LCK: 25DEF: 16RES: 18

LMAO Psychiatrist. I have an idea for one of her skills:

Checkup: After healing ally, ally gets Def/Res+3 for one turn

Edited by lammywhammy

@Wilhelm, what do you know, I was actually planning on making a different sword-using pegasus knight join about that time, but I can replace her with him and just add her later, sure!

As I said do you need anything else, Sprite, quotes, endings? I can get those for you if you need them

LMAO Psychiatrist. I have an idea for one of her skills:

Checkup: After healing ally, ally gets Def/Res+3 for one turn

Psychologists don't treat mental illnesses so they aren't the same as psychiatrists, but that's a really neat idea, I added it with a better themed name and a boost to SPD, I just think it fits. Edited by Floral Pattern

(Beta one is much smaller, and it's a slash; release version is super long and used for stabbing)

I recall this being the other way around--

Beta Eliwood stabs with Durandal, release Eliwood slashes with it?

*checks*

527f34dc8586fcb485adc0487087064a-d39t38u

27296415dc4ebdc3cb9e4537d2f1f658-d3d9qou

I mean, I think the beta animation is the better choice but if you're looking just at slash vs stab then it's important to get that correct isn't it?

-

As an aside is there anything specific I could do to help, or nothing yet?

Yes indeed, Necromancer animation is available for those who want it--Dark Sage, a fitting name. Both those skills sound pretty cool, and while I wasn't planning on doing the lv5/lv15 skill gain thing, I can, sure.

All righty, but if he's going Archsage, unless you want ridiculous incongruity I think that pretty well explains what sort of appearance he'll have.

What sprite base does Magethief use? And yeah, I mean actually Bolting doesn't intrinsically disallow doubling, I was thinking of making it do so, but Rye will basically be the only one who can double with it, so that works out.

Loup portrait, easy. Hah. Yeah, if anyone has an idea there other than using the Doog class card, I'm all for it!

Rye quotes yay

I would think the sprite would essentially be the thief sprite but make the cloak/hoodie the mage robe blue. And the basic magic animation would just be him Pointing his finger out from the cloak/hoodie, and then the magic attack animation. The crit animation is the same but a sparkle on the fingertip

I changed one of the endings.

Rye(Dead): Rye was never forgotten by his comrades, Mainly for his acceptance of death and his natural resistance to magic. They hoped that he met his parents in the afterlife.

I would think the sprite would essentially be the thief sprite but make the cloak/hoodie the mage robe blue. And the basic magic animation would just be him Pointing his finger out from the cloak/hoodie, and then the magic attack animation. The crit animation is the same but a sparkle on the fingertip

would more animatedness than this be alright, love?

Also when you say "mage robe blue"-- do you mean using the colors of the mage robe, or using the actual mage cape?

would more animatedness than this be alright, love?

Also when you say "mage robe blue"-- do you mean using the colors of the mage robe, or using the actual mage cape?

You mean more flashy, right? If thats the case then sure

The mage robe color, not the robe itself

You mean more flashy, right? If thats the case then sure

Well, uh, not precisely.

Contrast the shaman with the mage-

rei_shaman_flux.gif

erk_mage_magic.gif

The Shaman raises their arms and their cape moves upwards, but they don't have any other motion.

In contrast, the mage does a few steps and twirls.

The latter is more lively, more animated.

...Does that make any sense?

Kabocha, cool, staff-Est sounds like a nice and fair way to do it. Ideas for what the class sprite will be like? As for skills, Observe sounds like it's functionally +2 to def and resistance--not a bad thing, but it kinda feels like it defeats the point of it being an observation? Maybe. It's good for being a character-building flavor-skill, at least.

Whoops lol yeah beta durandal is the stab okay. Also, I forgot, Knight Lord also has a normal sword, but it might be weird going to a rapier-type from the Mercenary's broad blade-type weaponry.

Yes, of course a portrait for Wilhelm would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming Imperial General has a Falcoknight-like animation?

Okay I'll uhh maybe make him use Yeti's modified Thief sprite upon promotion so there's some visual distinction on Rye. It would also probably mean he automatically gets a slight lead-in and step forward to the animation, a nice bonus.

General help I need, hm... Any character that doesn't have a portrait, wants a portrait, that's probably the main thing. Be it a free/permissible one you find, or a suggestion on what official mugs to use, or one you do yourself if you feel up to it. And while there are over 20 submitted characters, many of whom have chapters associated with them, I can still take more! Of course, ones with sprites are preferable, but if that's not possible then at least a description so one can be found/made by myself or someone else.

Edited by 47948201

Right since is was indeed requested to have an appearance and quotes for level ups, I will supply them here.

APPEARANCE:

oCsoCU4.png?1

makes things easier to have a mugshot here off hand to use.

LEVEL UP QUOTES:

0-1: "Magic is to blame."

2-3: "By the books that."

4-5: "My prestige rises."

6 and up: "I am the strength of man made form."

Promotion: "This is the power of the pure human form."

I will add this to the first post

Yes, of course a portrait for Wilhelm would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming Imperial General has a Falcoknight-like animation?

I was one step ahead of you then and got one for you, and you are correct the animation is exactly like a falcon knight, though with an axe instead of a lance

Okeydokey, looks good! I think maybe I'll make a Google Doc listing the submitted characters and some information on them, easier to keep track of than occasionally posting them.

I. . .guess it's still private or something? Or maybe it's invitation only? Or maybe my browser hates me? Regardless, I get the Google sign-in thingy.

Also, to everyone ELSE in the topic: USE THE EDIT BUTTON. I'm gonna let the two double-posts I saw go for now, but don't abuse it. TC, if you have updates, feel free to double-post, because this is your project thread.

With everything listed, it's time for some character statistics~!

Join time:

Early - 10

Early/mid - 3

Mid - 7 or 8

Mid/late - 3

Late - 1 (Silver the Awesomesauce)

Number of people that need to give TC a hand with their character's appearance: 9

So, sounds like there's need of someone who uses Light magic. . .that can be arranged. Once again, let's make someone's backstory hell.

Name: Natasha

Class: Valkyrie (the FE8 one that uses light magic and staves)

Join time: Late

Back story: She was supposed to marry Joshua and live happily ever after, but he was assassinated a week before the wedding. In despair, she hopped on her horse and ran through the odd gate that appeared just outside of Jehanna's castle. Once in the new world, she tried to spread peace whereever she goes, but her efforts so far have been in vain. As a last-ditch effort, she joins your group, in the hopes that everyone else will be strong enough to protect her, while she tries to get the enemy to stand down.

Level-up quotes: Later. I'm tired.

(and for the record, I really like redheads, even if I killed two of 'em for the sake of story)

Oh shoot, I didn't know to do Chibi too.

Geeh me and my forgetful brain.

I'll get it fixed in a jiffy, I'm editing it into the submit post.

Edit: Edited into 2nd page post. Check back.

Edited by Fateborn