100. What would you if you read that this thread is going to have 100 more of this kind of question?

what does this question even mean

like, are they trying to prevent me from contacting my friends?

I mean what can they actually do though, I'm an adult with a good job, I paid for my own phone, I pay my phone bills myself, so even if they wanted to, they don't have legal means of stopping me anyway

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never did, or do, and I doubt they ever will

That, and being nearly 30 would also play a factor as why they couldn't do anything about it.

And even if I twist the question and pretend I'm a lad, they still wouldn't have to, because I very likely wouldn't associate with the kinds of people for them to even go that far in the first place.

Seems more clear.

I would say... "why do I have a boyfriend/girlfriend!? I am married!"

My family in general has pretty good judgement, so if they were that concerned about a person it would probably make me stop and think about things. (Not everyone has that though)

Now though, I am married. So... yeah if they had any whatever about my wife, it would tick me off. I am an obscenely loyal person, once I make my choice it's hard to get me to change my mind... hard-headed, stubborn sort. Although, I am willing to be proven wrong. ;)

Well, the term "friend" could have been all-encompassing I suppose.

Though, my answer is largely unchanged, save one minor detail:

because I very likely wouldn't associate with the kind of woman for them to even go that far in the first place.

Edited by Soledai

Well, I'd ask what those reservations are, but I've been told to have good judgment and most of my slightly big decisions including my relationships were never really opposed by anyone. The only I can remember was due to a miscommunication from parties that didn't even contact me directly over it.

Edited by Raguna

Seems more clear.

I would say... "why do I have a boyfriend/girlfriend!? I am married!"

My family in general has pretty good judgement, so if they were that concerned about a person it would probably make me stop and think about things. (Not everyone has that though)

Now though, I am married. So... yeah if they had any whatever about my wife, it would tick me off. I am an obscenely loyal person, once I make my choice it's hard to get me to change my mind... hard-headed, stubborn sort. Although, I am willing to be proven wrong. ;)

I'd say, I'm married, and I'm 30.

I've been living on my own since college, so it's not really been their business in the first place, but I just saw boy/girlfriends without telling them about it. I never told any of my family about my girlfriends. It's not that hard if you live on your own.

Like a couple of the previous posters, since I've been married for a few years now, I'd ignore anything my family had to say.

However, back when I was dating? My *siblings* have good judgement, so I'd at least have listened to what they say. My mom has terrible judgement so I never listened to her.

And as for my kids, I'd only interfere in their future relationships if I thought there was a danger to their lives, and I hope I'd have built the kind of relationship with them where they'd listen to me.

Like a couple of the previous posters, since I've been married for a few years now, I'd ignore anything my family had to say.

However, back when I was dating? My *siblings* have good judgement, so I'd at least have listened to what they say. My mom has terrible judgement so I never listened to her.

And as for my kids, I'd only interfere in their future relationships if I thought there was a danger to their lives, and I hope I'd have built the kind of relationship with them where they'd listen to me.

My main goal in life is to be a better parent than my parents.

My main goal in life is to be a better parent than my parents.

That's a trap. (meant as a general statement(seriously if you want to be a better parent than yours, make sure you're clear on what your parents did wrong and how you do it differently, also get therapy and parenting classes(especially recommend triple P)))

My parents told me they didn't want me to have to sex with my first girlfriend when I was 16, and ever since I've not bothered even letting them know whether or not I was seeing someone.

That's a trap. (meant as a general statement(seriously if you want to be a better parent than yours, make sure you're clear on what your parents did wrong and how you do it differently, also get therapy and parenting classes(especially recommend triple P)))

My parents told me they didn't want me to have to sex with my first girlfriend when I was 16, and ever since I've not bothered even letting them know whether or not I was seeing someone.

For a start, I don't want to be an alcoholic, like my mother, and barely drink, and have never been drunk.

For sex, I don't know, my early sex life was a mess, and I kind of regret losing my virginity with the person I did, but I sorted myself out eventually. I also kept my sexual escapades away from my family.

I think 16 is a bit young, but I hope when my kids do start having sex, it's for the right reasons, although I'm fully aware that kids often don't want to discuss that sort of thing with their parents. I don't want them end up like my cousin, pregnant at 16. Although, if their particular experience is like mine and I suppose yours, pregnancy isn't a possibility.

For a start, I don't want to be an alcoholic, like my mother, and barely drink, and have never been drunk.

For sex, I don't know, my early sex life was a mess, and I kind of regret losing my virginity with the person I did, but I sorted myself out eventually. I also kept my sexual escapades away from my family.

I think 16 is a bit young, but I hope when my kids do start having sex, it's for the right reasons, although I'm fully aware that kids often don't want to discuss that sort of thing with their parents. I don't want them end up like my cousin, pregnant at 16. Although, if their particular experience is like mine and I suppose yours, pregnancy isn't a possibility.

tbh I regret my first time too, but it seems it applies to most people. Considering at least one of the two persons having sex is having their first time and doesn't know what the fuck to do, or how to make it good for themselves, I suppose it's just the most likely outcome of the whole thing.

tbh I regret my first time too, but it seems it applies to most people. Considering at least one of the two persons having sex is having their first time and doesn't know what the fuck to do, or how to make it good for themselves, I suppose it's just the most likely outcome of the whole thing.

Shortly after losing my virginity, I got together with a different girl, who was a virgin. We had a good relationship, for about 6 months. If I had waited a few weeks to lose it with her instead, I don't think I would have regretted it as much. I also didn't regret losing my *ahem* more classical definition of virginity.