[FE6 randomized] The one where you can snipe

Gradivus.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sophia and Cecilia changed classes?! Well, then. . .

I don't think it really hurts in the desert, the bandits don't really matter since they come late and can be run away from easily and it's unlikely that your team can't protect them against the initial enemies. It's pretty unproblematic, much like in vanilla FE6.

Oh now I got it they got each other's class, forgot how that could make sense, nvm

Edited by Gradivus.

yep, you got this:

Brigand!Roy

Shaman!Clarine
GreatLord!Fae
Pegasus!Shin
Pirate!Sue
Swordmaster!Dayan
Nomad!Barth
Dancer!Bors
Thief!Wendy
General!Douglas
Lord!Wolt
Dancer!Dorothy
Paladin!Klein
Cavalier!Saul
Thief!Ellen
Warrior!Yodel
Dancer!Chad
Warrior!Karel
Nomad!Fir
Bard!Rutger
Archer!Dieck
Soldier!Oujay
Sniper!Garret
Shaman!Allen
Archer!Lance
Sage!Percival
Sniper!Igrene
Berserker!Marcus
Cavalier!Astohl
Thief!Ward
Troubadour!Lott
Wyvern!Bartre
Wyvern!Lugh
Thief!Lilina
Thief!Hugh
Sniper!Niime
Shaman!Raigh
Brigand!Lalum
Nomad!Juno
Thief!Tate
Dancer!Thany
Merc!Zeiss
Myrmidon!Elphin
Nomad!Cath
Bard!Sophia
Cavalier!Miledy
Mage or Soldier!Gonzales
Cleric!Noah
Lord!Treck
Druid!Zealot
Sage!Echidna
Hero!Cecilia
Mage!Geese

SO MANY DANCER/BARDS/THIEVES
EDIT: I just realized I was using a rom that was already patched with the english translation, meaning making a patch of it will get messy, I think i'll have to reroll both with an untranslated copy. I'm gonna eat first though/
Edited by General Horace

I think a patch for JP FE6 -> translated randomized should actually work as long as they use it on an unpatched FE6 rom.

Edited by Gradivus.

My thoughts:

Axe masterrace

Theif masterrace

I'm not even mad, Wendy and Sophia are semi-decent now so i'll take it

Also if Gonzales is a soldier then he will crit people to hell and back with lances, i swear

Douglas is the same class, randomizer you have failed me

Edited by MagicIsOP

I think a patch for JP FE6 -> translated randomized should actually work as long as they use it on an unpatched FE6 rom.

nah it doesn't work, tried it myself.

I dont think Douglas randomizes, all three times i've got General!Douglas

I can redo things in a little bit if you want, or if people wanna start picking, someone else can do it

Also I'll likely be unable to pick tomorrow and most of sunday, depending on how far/if we get far I might leave a list with someone.

EDITEDIT: Won't be at my computer till sunday night, so I can't rerandomize for Baldrick/Magic, mind doing it for me Gradivus?

Edited by General Horace

EDITEDIT: Won't be at my computer till sunday night, so I can't rerandomize for Baldrick/Magic, mind doing it for me Gradivus?

Alright, I'll do it.

EDIT: Using both a randomized patch and a translation patch messes up the game:

CQi1XeQ.png

That's with gringe's patch used after the randomized patch, Damas hasn't moved onto the gate and a bunch of units are in the wrong place.

ngsI2D4.pngChPon9n.png3uJk4ya.png

Using the randomization patch second, the events trigger correctly, but a lot of text is missing.

The names in the changelog are unreadable when randomizing a japanese rom, but Nightmare displays the classes and stats perfectly. Tbh I don't think I can do any better as far as making a patch goes, would the two of you mind playing in japanese? (Ngl it's pretty easy to recognize weapons by their symbols and stats) I'll send you the patches via PM either way and edit the classes into the list.

Wrt Generals, that's a bug of the FE6 randomizer, promoted units can't randomize into generals either. Probably just a mistake in the class set (of the randomizer) or something, it works just fine in the FE7 and 8 versions.

Edited by Gradivus.

The rest of your classes are in the list linked in the OP, and you can take a look at their base stats and weapon ranks via Nightmare. Also, you're first in the draft, so it's your turn now considering everyone's classes are public.

Edited by Gradivus.

I was surprised that MagicisOP didn't take Allen first. Shaman!Dieck seems like a weird choice.

Have you sent a list of picks to Gradivus or someone else in case you're not around when it gets to be your turn again Horace?

Edited by Carmine Sword

I was surprised that Magic didn't take Allen first. Shaman!Dieck seems like a weird choice.

Have you sent a list of picks to Gradivus or someone else in case you're not around when it gets to be your turn again Horace?

user's name is MagicisOP

Why are you surprised I took a magic class first?

^Those ninjas

Fyi your dieck has like 5 magic 1 spd, idk if you checked before but still

It surprised me too because Sage!Marcus overshadows him and a wyvern or dancer/bard would fit your team better because of their mobility. It's your call though.

Edited by Gradivus.

Because he doesn't have a mount or staves or the ability to dance. Infantry combat units with no other utility are of pretty low priority in a draft setting.

I usually try to pick up at least two of those.

Also, regular FE6 Rutger, Dieck and Gonzales wish to speak with you.

Gonzales and Rutger cost turns. Dieck's ok, although I'd be inclined to take another mounted unit like Noah or something before Dieck since the extra horse seems more useful in the longterm than Dieck's earlygame contributions. Admitingly, I've never gotten Dieck in a draft, so this is mostly conjecture.

I'm getting ninja'd again.

Units like Dieck and Rutger are useful depending on the team, but mounts are generally good at fighting aswell and can keep up more easily, and thanks to rescuing they help Roy get to the throne more quickly, which is the main goal in drafts.

Gonzales usually gets picked pretty late.

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm getting ninja'd again.

Units like Dieck and Rutger are useful depending on the team, but mounts are generally good at fighting aswell and can keep up more easily, and thanks to rescuing they help Roy get to the throne more quickly, which is the main goal in drafts.

Gonzales usually gets picked pretty late.

Really? He's probably the best axe user in FE6