Best personal skill

ChaosGallade

[spoiler=Off-topic Conversation]

I had no idea how pvp works, admittedly. At any rate, it's more a case of me realizing how much resources I need to get a weapon to +7 and immediately saying "Nope" - 128 weapons, and 247 gems for the weapon type to be forged, nevermind the part where the player only gets gems of one type (two if they're playing Revelations) in their castle, or the part where they can only carry 99 of any resource). Meaning that I REALLY have to go out of my way if, say, my gems are for tomes, but I want to forge a sword. It's very hard, bordering on impossible, for me to be impressed when I have to go out of my way to such an extent. Anyways, how much cash are you assuming the player's getting in one run of Ghostly Gold?

Anyways, so I don't drag this off topic, I agree with Shuriken Mastery and Highwayman being good personals.

I average around 65k-70k at endgame for each round of ghostly gold. I should point out that nobody should try to bother with +7 weapons before they reach endgame/postgame anyway. Anyway, my point was that the resources used in forging have no other purpose at all outside of giving people silly stuff to wear for appearances. Also, you really only have to exchange for a resource that you don't have 1 time and then multiply it through the arena, which is fairly easy to do once you figure out which skills work inside of it, and thanks to the accessories that allow you to control who uses the facilities you can make the same person fight in the arena every single chance and/or make it so you always get a sale on your purchases/forges. Being able to use the arena to multiply your supply of a resource you don't naturally obtain is kind of a moot point though since there really isn't any reason for people to restrict themselves to offline only play once they reach postgame anyway.

Oh btw, I hope my earlier comment didn't offend you too much, in hindsight it really does look like I'm going after you and I didn't mean it like that.

Bond units can get some pretty awesome class skills as their personals, like: Rend Heaven or other offensive procs and the breakers. Do those count? lol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Off-topic Conversation]

I average around 65k-70k at endgame for each round of ghostly gold. I should point out that nobody should try to bother with +7 weapons before they reach endgame/postgame anyway. Anyway, my point was that the resources used in forging have no other purpose at all outside of giving people silly stuff to wear for appearances. Also, you really only have to exchange for a resource that you don't have 1 time and then multiply it through the arena, which is fairly easy to do once you figure out which skills work inside of it, and thanks to the accessories that allow you to control who uses the facilities you can make the same person fight in the arena every single chance and/or make it so you always get a sale on your purchases/forges. Being able to use the arena to multiply your supply of a resource you don't naturally obtain is kind of a moot point though since there really isn't any reason for people to restrict themselves to offline only play once they reach postgame anyway.

Oh btw, I hope my earlier comment didn't offend you too much, in hindsight it really does look like I'm going after you and I didn't mean it like that.

Bond units can get some pretty awesome class skills as their personals, like: Rend Heaven or other offensive procs and the breakers. Do those count? lol

It's all right. Anyways... Disregarding the ninjas that start off on the map, which have only 1k, you'd need the spawns to carry around 9000 and 10,000 gold combined each turn for that - not really something I can count on when they're generally random, for one, and second, only the boss units have any significant cash on them for the most part.

I'd imagine not. That said, other personal skills that are useful would be Opportunist and Pride (at least in Birthright - I don't think Hayato would get much mileage out of it in Revelations).

Huh? What's this about Kidnap being so good (besides in the context of letting you capture some mooks like Haitaka, some Grisly Wound Master Ninjas, or the odd Rallybot Master of Arms)?

Huh? What's this about Kidnap being so good (besides in the context of letting you capture some mooks like Haitaka, some Grisly Wound Master Ninjas, or the odd Rallybot Master of Arms)?

That's what I'd like to know - I never used Capture on my first playthrough, and I don't know if I'll be using Kidnap either.

Its exactly because it allows you to capture those like Pass Falco Knight, Haitaka, Rally Master, The boss of Sophie paralogue, boss of chapter 14, Gazzak and stuff

The ability to get extra units from the opposing side, especially those that are purposefully overpowered is a big deal

Some of the stuff I would get if I was patient enough (just in Conquest):

- Malefic Aura Diviners

- Lunge Ninjas

- Seal (stat) Onmyoji

. . .and that's off the top of my head.

Its exactly because it allows you to capture those like Pass Falco Knight, Haitaka, Rally Master, The boss of Sophie paralogue, boss of chapter 14, Gazzak and stuff

The ability to get extra units from the opposing side, especially those that are purposefully overpowered is a big deal

Ah, so basically more on what I've said earlier. Not to mention that they're effectively good throwaway/bait units if you need sacrifices.

Encourages Niles having a skillset that maximizes damage and hit rate (Certain Blow, Quick Draw/Aggressor, and maybe Replicate for extra capture attemps come to mind).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Some of the stuff I would get if I was patient enough (just in Conquest):

- Malefic Aura Diviners

- Lunge Ninjas

- Seal (stat) Onmyoji

. . .and that's off the top of my head.

Okay then. Anyways, am I the only one here put off by the fact that most of the capturable bosses can be summed up as unsavory types?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Kidnap seems like a no-brainer in terms of useful skills, but it's an entirely different ballgame to apply it in practice. My Ch. 11 Samurai mook put in a ton of work on Ch. 12 just by being diaposable, having Lunge, and access to the Dual Katana and a fucking Umbrella.

Think of it as being able to use Summons from FE8 again, except the summons can be literally anything you want and stay as long as you want them to.