Best personal skill

ChaosGallade

Gotta disagree with you there. Odin's is more flexible, because all he needs is one weapon. Ophelia's locked to a magical class, OR needs to carry around three useless weapons.

Good point.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it worse?

Shadow Dragon and NMOTE had something like 8:2 and 9:1 in term of the amount of Effective Weapon Vulnerable enemies and one that doesn't. Forged Irons is also pretty cheap

In many ways Fates fixed the issue by demanding dupes and more widespread foot enemy distribution

Like in Fates the only time EWV was relevant is against Kitsune and Fliers so you pretty much only forge for Niles or something. This is a far cry from those two games where forge kinda broke the game and "neccesary" at the same time

Edited by JSND

...For ONE weapon type. And if the gems I get are not for tomes, I'm pretty much SOL.

EDIT:

Because in those games, you could modify a stat by an obscene amount. (See: Walking about with a +10 Mt Iron Sword, for example) Awakening's forging system was a more limited version of the one used in those games.

I tend to get a lot of random gems from Keaton and the lottery, too, as well as talking to folks around the castle, and betting in the arena for the off ones. You can also trade them at a 5 to 1 ratio, and you only actually need a single gem for the first level of forgery.

Dark Knight.

Gotta disagree with you there. Odin's is more flexible, because all he needs is one weapon. Ophelia's locked to a magical class, OR needs to carry around three useless weapons.

Now, for the actual question. . .sorta torn between Laslow, Silas, Hinoka, and Sakura. All of them have their uses, and most of them aren't that hard to pull off (especially if Corrin has Samurai in his/her class set).

Also a good point. Odin even has higher strength than magic (though both are pretty low in my opinion), so there's something to be said for versatility.

Well Ophelia is kinda sorta cursed with having a magical father for a... father, giving her one classline who is specifically magic oriented, and another that is mostly centered around speed instead of power.

I will agree it becomes useless the second she reclasses to something tomeless, but it's also hard to say that Ophelia's STR can actually surpass her MAG without a lot of assistance from Energy Drops and/or a Magicless/High STR growth parent/class (Charlotte for instance), who work much better on other children anyway.

My point is, the ps works for the character who has it.

Edited by Xenomata

Well Ophelia is kinda sorta cursed with having a magical father for a... father, giving her one classline who is specifically magic oriented, and another that is mostly centered around speed instead of power.

I will agree it becomes useless the second she reclasses to something tomeless, but it's also hard to say that Ophelia's STR can actually surpass her MAG without a lot of assistance from Energy Drops and/or a Magicless/High STR growth parent/class (Charlotte for instance), who work much better on other children anyway.

My point is, the ps works for the character who has it.

Odin's mods are workable for a hybrid class, and Kagero turns Ophelia into a physical unit (one with a skill set I really like). What I don't like is the fact that Ophelia's skill is tied to a magical class - it means I either have a skill-less Ophelia, one with three weapons she can't use, or one that's magical. I do crazy things like Orochi!Midori, so I really want that flexibility when it comes to unit builds.

Worst of all, she can't be a Grandmaster. . .because that would've mitigated the problem somewhat.

Man come to think of it FE is such a classist game

We had a Magical Sword, Magical Axe, Magical Lance but only on BR(RIP), and Magical Bow

But there was no Physical Tomes, which is dumb considering you don't even need to do a contrived "this is a book with musclebound spell in it" Just throw it or something

Wheres the class equality there

Edited by JSND

Odin's mods are workable for a hybrid class, and Kagero turns Ophelia into a physical unit (one with a skill set I really like). What I don't like is the fact that Ophelia's skill is tied to a magical class - it means I either have a skill-less Ophelia, one with three weapons she can't use, or one that's magical. I do crazy things like Orochi!Midori, so I really want that flexibility when it comes to unit builds.

Worst of all, she can't be a Grandmaster. . .because that would've mitigated the problem somewhat.

Ophelia can go Dark Knight.

i personally, would like a spell that conjures a FIST

Calamity Gate conjurs a giant head with horns. Does that count?

Lower Skill/Speed, and I'd rather not be forever weak to Beastkillers. She's also missing out on Ignis, which would be really welcome if she has to be stuck in a hybrid class.

Calamity Gate conjurs a giant head with horns. Does that count?

I actually haven't seen any of the animations bc i like to go fast but that's actually p cool

I actually haven't seen any of the animations bc i like to go fast but that's actually p cool

Most of the Hoshido scrolls release animals, all being based on the Zodiac (Chinese I think it was). The paper "scroll" releases actual papers, and then theres Calamity Gate.

Oh lemme add something to the whole "Best personal skills" thing. What about Anna? She effectively gives Conquest players the ability to get gold outside of what the player is given, albeit in small amounts.

Most of the Hoshido scrolls release animals, all being based on the Zodiac (Chinese I think it was). The paper "scroll" releases actual papers, and then theres Calamity Gate.

Chinese Zodiac is generally the basis for east asian zodiac variants, yeah

I should probably turn on animations a few times sometimes now that im postgame and in no rush

Strictly referring to the PS usefulness without taking into consideration if the character is great or not I would say:

Bushido

Fiery Blood

Competitive

Lily's Poise

Rose's Thorn

Chivalry

Icy Blood

Aching Blood

Puissance

Supportive

Devoted Partner

Evasive Partner

Vow Of Friendship

Oh lemme add something to the whole "Best personal skills" thing. What about Anna? She effectively gives Conquest players the ability to get gold outside of what the player is given, albeit in small amounts.

Can't believe I forgot about her.

Do we have a confirmed amount of gold that Anna has a chance to steal with her skill? The Japanese name of the skill makes me think it would be 1000, but hey, it could be different.

Do we have a confirmed amount of gold that Anna has a chance to steal with her skill? The Japanese name of the skill makes me think it would be 1000, but hey, it could be different.

I've seen anywhere from a little over 100 to a bit over 700.

I think i would probably list every bonus damage PS with trivial requirements such as Soleil, Hinata, Effie, and Shiro so i'll stop

Bold: I fail to see Hinata's as even belonging anywhere in the discussion because of the requirements. Needing to fall below half health, AND needing said hit to be from a sword, lance, or axe? And for all that, the enemy only takes half the damage Hinata took? No. Just... No.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Honestly I tend to value the support personals over direct boosts so my list would look like...

Flower Aura's

Misfortune

Fierce Mien

Fancy Footwork

"Staff...Staff"

"Yelling a lot on my horse"

followed by...

Obligatory list of the +/- personals

Edited by joshcja

I'd say the best is Elise's: Lily's Poise. It's really useful, its buff is good when defending and it has good synergy with skills like Demoiselle and Inspiration, granting +3 dmg dealt and -7 dmg taken; it can make a squishy unit a semi THWOMP. Camilla's is also good but it doesn't have the same synergy with her skills.

On the other hand, Ophelia's is godsend when she's a sorc with Astra Vantage and Mjolnir. What other class will she find useful with her PS, after all?

Arthur's Misfortunate has also an honourable mention because it's a stronger Anathema, making your units land Crts with more frequency. I prefer it working as an aura, but when used on Arthur one can atenuate its negative effect with +Ddg supports.

Edit: Xander's is also great coupled with Elbow Room and Trample, +10 dmg at full hp is fucking huge. Effie's is also good especially at early game.

Edited by Quintessence

These are all my personal opinions.

Jakob's Evasive Partner <3

Subaki's Perfectionist! The only thing he needs is speed and he'll basically be untouchable!

Takumi's Competitive! This is so useful and it activates pretty much all the time! Jakob and Felicia will always be higher than Takumi, so I'd recommend them!

Ryoma's Bushido! It's lovely and just as bit as useful as Takumi's

Shura's Highwayman is neat!! Debuff all the time!

Odin's Aching Blood!! <3 It's an EASY +10 crit!!

Literally all of the Nohrian Royals. Super useful at any situation.

Arthur's Misfortunate has also an honourable mention because it's a stronger Anathema, making your units land Crts with more frequency. I prefer it working as an aura, but when used on Arthur one can atenuate its negative effect with +Ddg supports.

I said it back in the other thread, but the problem with that is that Misfortunate almost never has any significant effect on the enemy unless they're one of several very specific classes, especially in lategame (thanks, Silver!). Woohoo, my guys have a slightly higher chance to crit the poor saps that are within two spaces of Arthur! Edited by Levant Mir Celestia