Blaze's General Sprite Gallery

BlazeKing

Where are you sourcing these colours from? Just grab them from existing FE portraits, your current ones look kind of horrible.

As for using less outlines, ideally the 3rd or 4th shade should be dark enough such that it can substitute for an outline. I would reference with existing FE portrait such as the cavaliers to get an idea of how to do this.

Your line work is okay but the shading is just all over the place. You can't be using the outline as much as you are at the moment for FE7/8 style portraits.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a metric asston of stray colors. Get Usenti and have it quantize the colors for you if you're not great at doing it yourself.

The shading is incredibly chunky, and the outlines, as previously noted, are really stark. Honestly, you can just use the darkest shade of things as outline rather than using darkest skin tone and outline color for everything. Additionally, don't try to shade everything. The biggest mistake people make when anti-aliasing is that they want to emboss everything with a line of pixels. It's really not necessary. In spriting, less is definitely more.

3e332ac871bfd141126f5ae571880ef6.png

Rough fix of a pauldron, for example.

See? It's happening already!

I suppose so, my terrible sprite gallery attracted other spriters' attention somehow xD

Edited by BlazeKing

It's what we call "the devil's own luck". (welp, now that I made a referrence to Leo, I'll go back to my corner and think how good Conquest's plot could've been if Leo was the main lord.)

Update:

So I made this guy since I have nothing better to do, turned out much better than what I expected something I did for the heck of it to turn out.

Insert%20name%20here_zps0aduvpk2.png

I don't really have a name in my head for him so he's literally saved as (Insert name here)

temp_zpsg2ejj3lw.png

I suppose so, my terrible sprite gallery attracted other spriters' attention somehow xD

You may say you're terrible, but you're improving! Other spriters just want to help you get there more quickly.

Also, as for the kid, call him... Bob.

@Glacoe Thank you :D

@BlueDruid really? ._. I mean, not a bad name...but...I have never heard of a more generic name xD (No offence to any Bobs in this forum :p)

Call him BlueDruid and Coby's son, Cowbey Armor-Jesus.

No, our son is CobyTheDruid, silly. how did you even come up with that

@Glacoe Thank you :D

@BlueDruid really? ._. I mean, not a bad name...but...I have never heard of a more generic name xD (No offence to any Bobs in this forum :p)

Haha lol that was the point

CobyTheDruid sounds like a ship name more than anything, would Selena and Arthur's child be called Selenarthur? Nope, though we do have the Selenarthur Alliance.

The amount of replies in a short time scared me a bit ._. I'm considering naming the nameless mug Bob just for the heck of it

Edited by BlazeKing

Update:

First off, I found something broken in the blinking frame of (Insert name here) so I fixed it,

Insert%20name%20here_zpsa8wuq2nr.png

And in the end, I decided to use it as my..."avatar"(?) as some sorts, better than using that long-haired Sain recolour xD

New%20Blaze%20Portrait_zpsakhrzqbs.png

Edit: I swear, I call him "Insert name here" so much that might as well be his name xD

Edited by BlazeKing

I know this meight a tad late, (sorry) but now that I look at the mug, his shoulders seem a little too big for a kid. And also it's kind of weird for his right hand eyebrow to be surrounded by a lighter shaded, as opposed to the rest of his forehead. It's generally a very nice and clean splice though, well done.