Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

charlie_

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to these replies, I'm a little less interested in lynching both Paper/Prims. Can't really explain this without the other half of the game outing their targets, though.

However, I'll probably be lynching based on what happened last night, so eh.

Fudge muffins, I was HORRIBLY WRONG about Manix. I did legit think he was scum, so I kinda need to rethink some stuff.

I'm super demotivated right now, I'm gonna try to reread tomorrow/later today but I'm busy because it's Wednesday so I can't promise anything

^

minus the "I'm busy because it's Wednesday" part. I should have time to re-read when I wake up in who knows when. I don't even know when I'm going to bed.

What's happening with the Iris slot?

Fudge muffins, I was HORRIBLY WRONG about Manix. I did legit think he was scum, so I kinda need to rethink some stuff.

Rather than lamenting about the fact that scum's going down, who did you target last night?

Rather than lamenting about the fact that scum's going down, who did you target last night?

I actually targeted my bro, Refa. He's Refa and also my bro.

I'm going to look back at Boron's interactions, I didn't really see anything too telling during the phase yesterday but it's worth looking into. She cased Gaius and Crysta, so I might reread them. I know I'm going to need to reevaluate my Crysta read for OBVIOUS REASONS. There's also Marth and me she raised concerns about, so I guess I should read MYSELF too.

What does this mean, weren't you someone on the Manix wagon

Well yeah but when I was reading the game I made a shift of looking at votes on the Manix wagon and how likely they were scum parks as opposed to other things.

wth marth and bt should stop ignoring me and actually start making replies

Ask away?

Townies: eclipse, Refa

Town-leans: PB (mostly tone, again)

Null but looking better: BT

Null: Iris (needs to post)

Scum-leans: Prims, Shin

Scum: Strawman, Marth

mafia is hard.

Prims: Cases/content not bad, but re-reading his BT suspicion makes me think it’s not that great. BT’s posts don’t really cut anyone slack as far as I can tell so I don’t get how it sounds insincere. There was far more emphasis on what BT didn’t like about Boron than what he liked - I think the only thing close to “cutting slack” may be how he says he liked her Manix vote/case? I don’t think that’s particularly damning and I’m beginning to think he was nitpicking. More elaboration would be gud.

Shin: You might have noticed I don’t like much of his content! That said, Refa/Shin himself brought up a good point in how knowingly pushing two townies as scum buddies would be pretty stupid, especially when the mislynch was just on the horizon. So in a weird sense, his terrible post being suboptimal scumplay is actually a point in his favor to me. I haven’t completely let go of my misgivings with his other content (scum can play suboptimally) but I’m less interested in lynching him/tunneling on him now.

BT: D1 Blitz shenanigans aside, his initial sub-in post gave me “super safe sub-in post” vibes which is why I considered it nullish. His most recent content makes me feel better because our opinions on the suspicious people (as well as the choice of people he finds suspicious) are similar. Refa’s past issues with him are legit, though, and he should answer them. He's still null but looking better to me.

Marth: Ditto on his content volume dropping significantly in D2 and I do know he was watching the thread. What little he DID post gave me the distinct impression that he was evolving his previous reads, which isn't a bad thing, but without anything else it could be just an effort to put out content without being entirely fillerish. I glossed over his larger late D2 post initially and upon re-reading it I'm not liking it. His #421 is defending BT, doubting Boron's claim being obvtown, and disagreeing with the Shin cases more fully than he had previously - all of which sounds like things he could have elaborated on earlier but he needed to be prodded to do (with the exception of the Boron doubt, maybe). He was the first to pipe up about Strawman's inactivity being one of his scumtells and suggesting we consider turboing/vigging him when we had scummier and more inactive slots about (Iris, BT at the time - and arguably moreso) so I could read this as a distancing move/potential future bus.

Strawman: Others have lampooned his content better than I ever could, tbh. I can add that after re-reading his posts and looking back on his Sacred Stoners content, he was more confident in making assertions in the latter in spite of his wishy-washiness. The lack of D2 content evaluation at this point is also disconcerting. Current scumminess volume the highest.

For me it’s Strawman > Marth > Shin > Prims > BT atm.

WRT PB: Weakest townread. I thought his #406 sounded genuine, as well as his interactions with Manix.

But #inclipseyitrust

ok wtf that post looked better in google drive and it still does (my lynch priority was separated from the rest!)

whatever. i guess i need to pay more attention when i copy/paste.

@BT

"BT- Same issues that I had with him yesterday. He looks better on a Manix flip because he could have just coasted on a Manix vote over pressuring Boron, but he still hasn't answered my other issues with him (if I die, people should pressure him on those!). Also I don't get the impression that he's really paid attention to most of the game."

"This is actually pretty legit. I can get where he's coming from WRT Boron but I really don't get why his Manix case amounted to null considering it read as a scumread. Actually thinking about it now, most of his issues with Boron seem to revolve around her D1 content but I don't think he ever takes her D2 content into account. Why is that, BT? What makes you say that the rest of her posts are uninspired? What are your thoughts on other players in general?"

@Marth

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63829&page=22#entry4399404

(admittedly you answered the last question in your last post so I'm fine with that but yeah; also what votes on the wagon were scum parks besides Strawman's?)

. . .and that's what I thought. Dunno when Strawman is gonna get here, but I don't think he's relevant to this.

##Vote: Marth

As I suspected, I picked this up via a passive role - no one else targeted Marth last night, and that's what I was looking for. I don't really think it's Paperblade/Crysta, due to how their roles panned out.

I think Marth's role has more than one part to it. It wasn't about who Marth targeted. . .it was about anyone ELSE that targeted Marth besides me.

I think Marth's role has more than one part to it. It wasn't about who Marth targeted. . .it was about anyone ELSE that targeted Marth besides me.

explain? I'm not sure how this is supposed to bingo a scum