why do female paladins have their butts exposed?

Ansem

You know, it'll be always better than the toilet-knights, chandelier-clerics, shoulder-shogoth-wyvern rider, bondage-warriors, Sith-knights and generas and some other abominations from FEA, imo.

Though I can't deny the wtf of some classes in Fates, looking at the Dark Mages and Sorcerers here.

Considering how many of the spot grade A-B Zettai Ryouiki, can you really blame them? Dem legs tho~

Dem legs indeed.

Plus, up until FE5 I believe (?) It was legs for female AND male. No double-standard. Deutsche qualitat my good sir.

Did we play the same game?

Clearly not. I never heard of any character named Aqua in Fire Emblem Fates.

Joke of the year, you're welcome, no need to thank me.

Edited by B.Leu

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"On the order of His Majesty King Garon, due to a lack of cloth supplies, females paladins are to go without pants, and instead, must wear a thong."

Translation: Garon's an ass man.

Alt Translation: Garon's an ass, man.

As an addendum, seeing that North American Garon and the North American dub of this character (Roy Mustang) share the same voice actor to the best of my knowledge (Travis Willingham):

Who gets the feeling that Garon did something like this with regards to the battle thongs.

Hey guys

At least men get to share just as much cleavage as women (thanks Odin for the deepest most plunging neckline since LeBlanc from FFX-2)

Considering how many of the spot grade A-B Zettai Ryouiki, can you really blame them? Dem legs tho~

I'm torn. I have both a Zettai Ryouiki fetish (bless you Japan) and an armor fetish so the lack of pants simultaneously bothers me and bothers me.

Hey guys

At least men get to share just as much cleavage as women (thanks Odin for the deepest most plunging neckline since LeBlanc from FFX-2)

Seriously.

It's not sexist when Odin is walking around flashing his man boobies and nipples and the male fighters are essentially wearing thongs with their buttcrack, butthole and junk out.

Didn't Fate already outsold Awakening though? Could be opening week not all time. Eh whatever, fates is selling like hotcakes either way.

Well, Fates was split into two games, so a more accurate comparison would be if Fates was a single game. If you're counting the sales of two games to one game, naturally the sales count of the two games are going to be higher.

And still, Fates outsold every other game in the series except Awakening (which might outsell anyway in the long run).

Hmmm.

In the end it was all about marketing strategies.

Edit: Hey Elie!! Odin Dark will send you swimming through Unquenchable Blood Waves!!

Edited by Quintessence

Seriously.

It's not sexist when Odin is walking around flashing his man boobies and nipples and the male fighters are essentially wearing thongs with their buttcrack, butthole and junk out.

In Odin's case, I don't think it's a question of sexism or what, it's more of 'what the heck is that'. :p

That was the general reaction, if I remember correctly, no ? Which is not that different from the general reaction towards Camilla when I think about it.

Edited by B.Leu

In Odin's case, I don't think it's a question of sexism or what, it's more of 'what the heck is that'. :p

That was the general reaction, if I remember correctly, no ? Which is not that different from the general reaction towards Camilla when I think about it.

I don't know. Someone said sexism as the reason the women Paladin had no pants, so I went from there.

Personally, when I first saw Camilla, I couldn't help but note that Camilla had big boobs and that she was pretty hot; I thought I might end up marrying her. When I first saw Odin, I couldn't stop ogling at his chest on his portrait and Live 2D model; fell in love with the Dark Mage/Sorceror design after that. I felt a bit guilty because he was my son on Awakening. Then, I got over it because perverted-hentai tendencies won out. I am a weak, weak woman when it comes to muscles.

I guess I was in the minority, honestly.

Seems like a silly thing to get hung up over honestly, because at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

Also have you seen male Fighters? Dudes have no shame.

Fantasy and style, though I suspect you knew that already and this is yet another bait thread that has successfully snared me. As other have pointed out, women are not the only victims of this. Realism is for the birds when it comes to fantasy, and it's interesting how it's only ever applied selectively. For example, both the dark mage and sorcerer are pretty bereft of clothing for both genders, but as we can see from the dark knight, armor doesn't inhibit spellcasting at all in this world, so why the hell isn't everyone in armor? The answer is that they just aren't, don't read too much into it.

I resent this one, Fire Emblem was always a series about legs, not butt.

Proof !

Ba_japan_fe01.png

Awwww yeah.

I like how in this image everyone's likely acknowledging the legs and laughing with you but I'm looking at Andrew Oikonny up in the back there.

Hey guys

This made me crack up and scare my cat at 2 in the morning. xD I'd throw it into my sig, but I don't know if it would put me over the limit.

And still, Fates outsold every other game in the series except Awakening (which might outsell anyway in the long run).

Hmmm.

Was it "because of" it's presence, or "despite" it's presence? I have a felling the majority of people just don't give a damn one way or another.

I don't know. Someone said sexism as the reason the women Paladin had no pants, so I went from there.

Personally, when I first saw Camilla, I couldn't help but note that Camilla had big boobs and that she was pretty hot; I thought I might end up marrying her. When I first saw Odin, I couldn't stop ogling at his chest on his portrait and Live 2D model; fell in love with the Dark Mage/Sorceror design after that. I felt a bit guilty because he was my son on Awakening. Then, I got over it because perverted-hentai tendencies won out. I am a weak, weak woman when it comes to muscles.

I guess I was in the minority, honestly.

Meh. Not really. I was just saying that Camilla and Odin are the same in that aspect. Half-naked, wtf-este gear, hot, you know the drill.

Though I can't find that dark mage cleavage cool in any way whatsoever.

Seems like a silly thing to get hung up over honestly, because at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

Also have you seen male Fighters? Dudes have no shame.

Still better than in FEA's, those at least have something else than bondage gear. Spandeeeeeeex...

I like how in this image everyone's likely acknowledging the legs and laughing with you but I'm looking at Andrew Oikonny up in the back there.

Oh shoot, I did not realize the resemblance !

Whelp, that's another reason that make the boxart so cool.

Edited by B.Leu

Was it "because of" it's presence, or "despite" it's presence? I have a felling the majority of people just don't give a damn one way or another.

I'd say the latter. These are just elements that implicitly attract more attention to the game.

I miss models and animations from the Tellius games. They were appealing and cool. Even the GBA models are good, specially the magic family. Just compare them to Diviners and Mages here, they just lose any mystic.

I'd say the latter. These are just elements that implicitly attract more attention to the game.

I miss models and animations from the Tellius games. They were appealing and cool. Even the GBA models are good, specially the magic family. Just compare them to Diviners and Mages here, they just lose any mystic.

I'm surprised you guys took my post so seriously. Guess DanMan's signature is accurate after all.