Units that should have been the main character.

When playing a Fire Emblem game, some us will met one unit and think that this unit would make a better protagonist than the current one(s) based on their personality, backstory, morales, goals and other concepts. Or if you want to twist the topic, you can choose a unit that should have a game or side story dedicated to them.

For me personally (and a bit of bias), Raven would would be my choice for FE7's Protagonist. His desire to avenge his fallen home could be an intense story with isturbing truth on who might killed his parent as he continues his path of vengence, choices between mercy or death to his targets that can affect the story etc.

To some extent, I would like to have a character like Beruka as a main antagonist, I would love a FE game or ROM with a main unit who was brought up in an assassin guild as it would be an interesting change from the cliche noble.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elincia and Sanaki are both miles more interesting than Ike. Xander and Ryoma should have been the lords instead of Corrin.

Pretty much this, but remove Sanaki.

I also think Arvis would've made a MUCH better hero in FE4 than Sigurd/Seliph.

Also also, Tiki needs her own game damnit. Tiki bias intensifies

Edited by MCProductions

I always kind of felt like that be backstory for Katarina in FE12 kinda fell short for me.

Also:

I can fell you. But more like an Arvis-Story-Mode. At least he would make a good Lord instead of some other people from later installments, which should better not be mentioned. :o

I don't think they should be replacing the main characters. Same was suggested with the idea of Takumi and Leo replacing Corrin, which imo is a bad idea. What I do agree is that there can be separate episodes that show the backstory of some characters. But some of them might lead to a complete new story. Like, there can be a story about Renault being Nergal's mercenary and how he murdered Lucius's father, and the theory about him being a morph or a hybrid, or infused with Nergal's powers similar to Limstella and Sonia. That'd be tremendously interesting, knowing Renault's past.

That'd be a good episode, but not through dlc, but rather through an unlocking criteria.

I don't think they should be replacing the main characters. Same was suggested with the idea of Takumi and Leo replacing Corrin, which imo is a bad idea. What I do agree is that there can be separate episodes that show the backstory of some characters. But some of them might lead to a complete new story. Like, there can be a story about Renault being Nergal's mercenary and how he murdered Lucius's father, and the theory about him being a morph or a hybrid, or infused with Nergal's powers similar to Limstella and Sonia. That'd be tremendously interesting, knowing Renault's past.

That'd be a good episode, but not through dlc, but rather through an unlocking criteria.

Bruh, there's a whole fanfic about that.

I think a lot of these would make cool ideas for hacks/FEXNA projects. I would love to remake SS to be told from L'Arachel's perspective, for example.

Also, what's wrong with Sanaki? I suppose that ELincia's character arc might make her somewhat redundant, but I'd see them as both being two inexperienced leaders thrust into positions of power during a crisis and earning to cope with that.

I think a lot of these would make cool ideas for hacks/FEXNA projects. I would love to remake SS to be told from L'Arachel's perspective, for example.

L'Adventures. I've had that idea for a while but hacking is such a pain in the ass, and it wasn't any more than just an idea that would never actually grow into anything.

and no, not like ghebfe. never ghebfe

Edited by Tryhard

L'Arachel and the quest for Justice, totally need Sailor Moon references :P:

I've been getting L'Arachel as a Female Lord on a randomized run lately. At least she owns pretty much everything if you put enough EXP into her... Plus she can use the Sieglinde, since it's luckily only locked to her Lord Class and not to Eirika herself.

But I think L'Arachel would look pretty weird with blue-ish hair, since a lot of FE Games seems to have a thing for blue-haired protagonists.

GhebFE

That would be even more hilarious on FEXNA than it already is xD Gheb just needs more of his... special treatment xD

Really? Where is it?

I'd love to see extra episodes through certain unlock methods, and Blazing Sword is a candidate for a bunch of them.

Called Wayward Son, in the written works section. It is quite long, but it's damn good.

Called Wayward Son, in the written works section. It is quite long, but it's damn good.

Holy shit that's longer than scouting Xenoblade's maps. It looks interesting, I might take a look at it when not busy. Thanks!

Also, what's wrong with Sanaki? I suppose that ELincia's character arc might make her somewhat redundant, but I'd see them as both being two inexperienced leaders thrust into positions of power during a crisis and earning to cope with that.

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm referring more to POR when I agree with you here, which is why I said to remove Sanaki. If we're talking RD, the God yes, she should be a main character, but seeing as you only mentioned that they were more interesting than Ike, I assumed you were only referring to POR.

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm referring more to POR when I agree with you here, which is why I said to remove Sanaki. If we're talking RD, the God yes, she should be a main character, but seeing as you only mentioned that they were more interesting than Ike, I assumed you were only referring to POR.

Actually come to think of it if POR and RD were one story and Ashnard could be using the Senate as a Fifth Column that would actuality turn out pretty great.

Radiant Dawn: Micaiah with supporting roles for Elincia, Ike and Senaki. PoR is fine with Ike.

Fates: Leo for Conquest and Ryoma for Birthright (screw your sibling parallels).

Radiant Dawn: Micaiah with supporting roles for Elincia, Ike and Senaki. PoR is fine with Ike.

Fates: Leo for Conquest and Ryoma for Birthright (screw your sibling parallels).

The problem with Ike is actually his position as a commoner though. It moves the story away from one about leadership and essentially makes it a more generic adventure story. Take Ike, for example. The idea of a young inexperienced leader forced to take power after their father dies is an interesting idea, but it makes no sense in the context of a mercenary group. Mercenary groups don't work in a hereditary way. The second problem is, essentially, Ike has very little stake in liberating Crimea. He is motivated by the power of boners, as Cinemasins would put it, and by the desire for revenge. Elincia would be motivated by the desire to liberate her people, and that in my eyes is much more interesting than what motivates Ike. Seriously, what reason would Ike have to fight Daein; to stay after doing his job and delivering Elincia to Begnion I mean, if the Black Knight hadn't killed his father?

The problem with Ike is actually his position as a commoner though. It moves the story away from one about leadership and essentially makes it a more generic adventure story. Take Ike, for example. The idea of a young inexperienced leader forced to take power after their father dies is an interesting idea, but it makes no sense in the context of a mercenary group. Mercenary groups don't work in a hereditary way. The second problem is, essentially, Ike has very little stake in liberating Crimea. He is motivated by the power of boners, as Cinemasins would put it, and by the desire for revenge. Elincia would be motivated by the desire to liberate her people, and that in my eyes is much more interesting than what motivates Ike. Seriously, what reason would Ike have to fight Daein; to stay after doing his job and delivering Elincia to Begnion I mean, if the Black Knight hadn't killed his father?

Patriotism and a general dislike of dictators using racism to opress an entire group of people? He's also been thoroughly kicked out of his home. Simply setting up shop on the opposite end of the continent isn't all that easy. They give it a try with Sanaki's help but fighting desperate Laguz unfairly persecuted and corrupt senators who could potentially behead you for doing the right thing probably didn't appeal to him. There's dozens of reasons why Ike might want to liberate his own country. He doesn't have to be a noble to hold a stake in what's going down in the land he calls home. True nobles do tend to have more reasons to involve themselves with politics, which is exactly the reason it took eight games before we got a base born hero taking centre stage.