What do you want to see in Zelda U/NX?

Alex95

Hand-holdy is okay to some degree, as I definitely don't want to be thrown into a world with absolutely no clue given to me at all on what to do. That IS annoying. But there is a fine line that shouldn't be crossed, and Fi sort of did cross it, even though I still enjoyed her voice and dancing. She's really cute appearance-wise too.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fi was a good character held back by being the most annoying mechanic ever to appear in a Zelda game.

"Master, you appear to be low on hearts. I recommend healing."

My reaction to this message tended to be:

"I've played a Zelda game before, do you think I don't know that?!?"

Or the battery message or repeating what a NPC told me five seconds ago.

Midna only helped when I asked. That was good. Companions like Navi and Fi who interrupt things randomly get annoying. Navi didn't even have development on her side. She was just... there, she never really took part in cutscenes aside from finding the Master Sword, the start, and the end.

Yeah, for me, the ideal partner would be good development, and neither hand-holdy like Fi or an insulting brat like Midna or Tatl. (I do like Midna though, she's cool later in the game when she stops being an insulting brat).

Ezlo is my favorite Zelda companion for a reason. I liked his development, and he's not hand-holdy or mean. He does say one time that Link is troublesome, but only one time. Also, he's freaking hilarious. lol He's also the only companion to be featured in both the title and the title logo! He is the Minish Cap, and his silhouette appears in the logo.

Edited by Anacybele

I always thought of "The Minish Cap" as a double-meaning title. One "Minish Cap" is Ezlo, the other is the one Vaati wears.

But yeah, Ezlo was a good companion overall. He'll pipe up only when you're booting up the game/plot reasons, or you ask him. He's never intrusive or annoying.

Though I liked Midna throughout because snark. Snark is great. Same for Tatl.

My favorite companion is still Linebeck though. Amazing character.

I believe the cap Ezlo creates is referred to as just the magic cap in-game though. I know it was called something other than "Minish Cap" and since Ezlo is a Minish who was turned into a cap, I always assumed that the title was referring only to him. But what you say is possible too.

I hope we get a companion like him in the new Zelda if there is one.

The battery message is not a big deal. I have no idea why people make it out to be one.

For one, most Wii games have that message in some form. And unlike Fi, where you can talk to her to get rid of it, games like Xenoblade alert you constantly. I mean, just get some new batteries.

As for the hearts, that isn't bad either. Pokemon's beeps are the worst, and even Fi's message with Zelda's beeps aren't as bad.

Yeah, but the main problem is that Fi states the obvious A LOT. I don't mind it TOO much since as I said, I love her voice, but it does get old after awhile. And I find the low health beeps in both Pokemon and Zelda to be annoying... (though not as annoying as Electabuzz's cry, god damn. What was GF thinking with it? It hurts my ears so much that it literally causes them to ring)

Speaking of Ezlo, I wouldn´t mind if Link had more male companions.

They are usually girls, and if they are male, they are old men, like the King of Red Lions or Ezlo.

It would be cool to have a guy as Link's partner this time.

Link has a lot of female friends in general too. It's no wonder some say he has a harem. lol

He needs more guy friends! :P (I actually have him complain about his lack of male friends in my fic too, now that I think about it...hahaha)

Link has a lot of female friends in general too. It's no wonder some say he has a harem. lol

He needs more guy friends! :P (I actually have him complain about his lack of male friends in my fic too, now that I think about it...hahaha)

Completely agree with you on that one.

Link really need more male friends that aren't old men.

And interesting fact about Ocarina of Time:

Do you know why most of the Sages were female? Why many female characters fell in love with Link?

Originally, Ocarina of Time was going to have dating sim elements, and there was going to be a "choose your girlfriend" thing.

That's probably why so many female were in love with Link.

Another thing that's interesting was that Ocarina of Time's sequesl, Majora's Mask, had many important male characters, but few important female characters. I wonder if it was intentional.

Fi was a good character held back by being the most annoying mechanic ever to appear in a Zelda game.

"Master, you appear to be low on hearts. I recommend healing."

My reaction to this message tended to be:

"I've played a Zelda game before, do you think I don't know that?!?"

Or the battery message or repeating what a NPC told me five seconds ago.

Midna only helped when I asked. That was good. Companions like Navi and Fi who interrupt things randomly get annoying. Navi didn't even have development on her side. She was just... there, she never really took part in cutscenes aside from finding the Master Sword, the start, and the end.

I kind liked the battery message, I thought it was funny. "Master, your batteries are running low." and I can just imagine Link going "What are you talking about?!"

Completely agree with you on that one.

Link really need more male friends that aren't old men.

And interesting fact about Ocarina of Time:

Do you know why most of the Sages were female? Why many female characters fell in love with Link?

Originally, Ocarina of Time was going to have dating sim elements, and there was going to be a "choose your girlfriend" thing.

That's probably why so many female were in love with Link.

Another thing that's interesting was that Ocarina of Time's sequesl, Majora's Mask, had many important male characters, but few important female characters. I wonder if it was intentional.

...I honestly don't know if I should believe you or not. Never heard anything about it.

Also, new art! Expanded from the one leaked yesterday!

I kind liked the battery message, I thought it was funny. "Master, your batteries are running low." and I can just imagine Link going "What are you talking about?!"

...I honestly don't know if I should believe you or not. Never heard anything about it.

It was long time ago, in an interview with Miyamoto.

Don't remembet which one. But I'm sure I've read about it.

The battery message is not a big deal. I have no idea why people make it out to be one.

For one, most Wii games have that message in some form. And unlike Fi, where you can talk to her to get rid of it, games like Xenoblade alert you constantly. I mean, just get some new batteries.

As for the hearts, that isn't bad either. Pokemon's beeps are the worst, and even Fi's message with Zelda's beeps aren't as bad.

Because the game already has a much less intrusive way to tell you to change batteries in the form of the little sidebar thing?

The heart thing interrupts the game to state the obvious. Constantly. It literally treats the player as a moron.

Speaking of Ezlo, I wouldn´t mind if Link had more male companions.

They are usually girls, and if they are male, they are old men, like the King of Red Lions or Ezlo.

It would be cool to have a guy as Link's partner this time.

Linebeck wasn't that old iirc.

An interesting pic about that whole two Link business came up.

Apparently someone posted the pic of the possible female Link over a previous bit of artwork and its a perfect match.

https://twitter.com/DartsEnthusiast/status/742112133467537409

This could either deconfirm that rumor or the Link we were shown before was female all along .

Apparently someone posted the pic of the possible female Link over a previous bit of artwork and its a perfect match.

This could either deconfirm that rumor or the Link we were shown before was female all along .

It really doesn't seem like female.

Again, remember that Link is very feminine, and this particular Link has a ponytail, so it's no suprise that he has longer hair.

It the same Twitter post, he states that he does believe we're getting a female Link. She's just not on this artwork.

I think he was just showing where the artwork on the strap came from.

EDIT: Today's the day, guys! Woot-woot!

Edited by Power Master

The title's been revealed!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

And both the Master Sword and the logo are looking really really beat up. This could be the most recent game in the timeline.

I was thinking it might actually take place before Skyward Sword, but hey.

It looks so neat, though. Like, holy crap, it's all gorgeous.

More hints towards my theory being correct, though: Hyrule is in a state of decline, Koroks exist. The Koroks were planting Deku Tree seeds to expand the land in TWW. That would take a long ass time. And this Hyrule is vast. We've never seen it in such a state of decline either.

I'd say it probably takes place after Minish cap. The sheikah will be very important and their downfall will probably take place in this game. The only reason I think this is because Death Mountain and Castle town look about the same distance as OoT.

The shrine is called the shrine of resurrection and he was said to have had a long slumber so it's possible this could be it's own separate timeline. Technology is supposed to play a part in the game and maybe this is a previous incarnation of link that's reborn as the voice says "Link... You are the light - our light - that must shine upon Hyrule once again. Now go..." As I mentioned about the distance between Castle Town and DM, it's entirely possible it's OoT link that is revived. All just speculation of course.

So far all this information leaves me wanting more.

If this is set in the far future, as is becoming more and more likely, I'd wager that It would be the Child Timeline, since as far as I know the only notable bridge in previous titles is Eldin Bridge in TP. Though the Temple of Time was similarly in ruins there...

If this is set in the far future, as is becoming more and more likely, I'd wager that It would be the Child Timeline, since as far as I know the only notable bridge in previous titles is Eldin Bridge in TP. Though the Temple of Time was similarly in ruins there...

That's what I've been thinking as the adult timeline where Ganondorf is sealed, Hyrule is also sealed and flooded. Lack of water and the bridge do make it seem more likely to be the child timeline than adult.