What do you want to see in Zelda U/NX?

Alex95

^^ its just nice to talk to another Majora's Mask fan, I hope we get something kind of like the mansion in Twilight Princess or even the Goron Mines as well, because I adored those too.

Yeah, the only 3D Zelda whose dungeons I really dislike overall is OoT.

Snowpeak Ruins is my favotite dungeon in TP (and my second favorite Ice-dungeon overall after ALBW's Ice Ruins), so taking after its thematic and such would be awesome. The Ball-and-Chain was a fun item and I'd like to see it return.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a ball & chain rune or heck even like forging our own makeshift one, and I see to each their own, I still find enjoyment out of a good chunk of OoT's dungeons ^^ more so the Adult ones though, I still think they have some really neato themes to them.

You know what I would find funny is since clothes are a big part of this Zelda game is if Madame Couture from Triforce Heroes shows back up.

Great Bay is quite interesting to navigate, I only really find it annoying when I'm trying to get the Stray Fairies haha. I also think Snowhead and Woodfall do a good job at being fairly challenging for earlier dungeons. Plus I love dungeons that use snow/ice themes in general.

Woodfall surprisingly sticks out despite all the other forest like dungeons too, it takes the swamp aesthetic more, and i'm just gonna have to gush more and more hahaha, Stone Tower was really fun because it challenged all your forms and was just plain interesting to roam around in, I just hope they keep the good dungeon roll up, Zelda dungeons have usually always been fun to at least go through once.

Looks I wasn't the only who had problems with the Stray Fairies of Great Bay temple.

That aside, glad to see more people enjoyed Majora's Mask dungeons!

Some people dislike them because they're too complex, but I think that's what makes them so interesting!

The puzzles are also really well thought!

Great Bay Temple's puzzles on particular really requires some careful thinking.

And of course, there's Stone Tower, which alongside Great Bay, are probably my favorite dungeon in the series.

Of course, Woodfall and Snowhead were great too!

Like Jedi said, for earlygame dungeons, they were quite challeging!

Maybe a ball & chain rune or heck even like forging our own makeshift one, and I see to each their own, I still find enjoyment out of a good chunk of OoT's dungeons ^^ more so the Adult ones though, I still think they have some really neato themes to them.

You know what I would find funny is since clothes are a big part of this Zelda game is if Madame Couture from Triforce Heroes shows back up.

I'd be really happy if she did, she was hilarious. Unlikely, though, since she lives in another kingdom entirely and might clash with the post-apocalyptic setting.

I'd be really happy if she did, she was hilarious. Unlikely, though, since she lives in another kingdom entirely and might clash with the post-apocalyptic setting.

Its very unlikely yeah, but it would be amusing as heck to me.

Looks I wasn't the only who had problems with the Stray Fairies of Great Bay temple.

That aside, glad to see more people enjoyed Majora's Mask dungeons!

Some people dislike them because they're too complex, but I think that's what makes them so interesting!

The puzzles are also really well thought!

Great Bay Temple's puzzles on particular really requires some careful thinking.

And of course, there's Stone Tower, which alongside Great Bay, are probably my favorite dungeon in the series.

Of course, Woodfall and Snowhead were great too!

Like Jedi said, for earlygame dungeons, they were quite challeging!

At least the stray fairy rewards were super legit if you did go out of your way for em, especially snowhead and stone towers.

Edited by Jedi

Its very unlikely yeah, but it would be amusing as heck to me.

At least the stray fairy rewards were super legit if you did go out of your way for em.

Yeah, what basically amounted to double health was extremely powerful.

I hope some of the more amusing outfits return, though the outfits we've seen thus far are fairly basic and not over-the-top like TFH so I doubt it.

Quality is truly greater than quantity, i'm glad to see so many people agree that Majora has some of the best dungeons in the series. Stone tower temple is the best dungeon ever made, and I adore Snowhead and Woodfall as well... I can't say the same for Great Bay but the only water temple I love is Ancient Cistern though, I am happy to see some people like it though.

If they can make them as good as Majora's I will not mind if there's only four, especially considering the insane amount of shrines.

Maybe a ball & chain rune or heck even like forging our own makeshift one,

You know, this post and the fire rod gave me an idea, what if you can craft your own magic rod?

Like, you can create an Ice Rod, Sand Rod, Water Rod, Wind Rod and since this game seems to have a technology theme, and an Electric Rod would be interesting! You could use to affect machines in different ways, and paralyze enemies.

Yeah, what basically amounted to double health was extremely powerful.

I hope some of the more amusing outfits return, though the outfits we've seen thus far are fairly basic and not over-the-top like TFH so I doubt it.

I think there will be some amusing stuff still even if the tone is not in line for it, gotta have some goofiness in Zelda somewhere afterall. I could see them maybe throwing in some small references to other Nintendo properties in small cameo nods via clothes as well.

Quality is truly greater than quantity, i'm glad to see so many people agree that Majora has some of the best dungeons in the series. Stone tower temple is the best dungeon ever made, and I adore Snowhead and Woodfall as well... I can't say the same for Great Bay but the only water temple I love is Ancient Cistern though, I am happy to see some people like it though.

If they can make them as good as Majora's I will not mind if there's only four, especially considering the insane amount of shrines.

Yeah, it should be fun to just explore and get to these dungeons and shrines ontop of that, so I think while I have some minor worries, they will be quelled in the end and we'll get something super good.

You know, this post and the fire rod gave me an idea, what if you can craft your own magic rod?

Like, you can create an Ice Rod, Sand Rod, Water Rod, Wind Rod and since this game seems to have a technology theme, and an Electric Rod would be interesting! You could use to affect machines in different ways, and paralyze enemies.

I'd love an Ice Rod or my Ice Arrows, so I can make paths over water, among other things.

Edited by Jedi

I think there will be some amusing stuff still even if the tone is not in line for it, gotta have some goofiness in Zelda somewhere afterall. I could see them maybe throwing in some small references to other Nintendo properties in small cameo nods via clothes as well.

Yeah, it should be fun to just explore and get to these dungeons and shrines ontop of that, so I think while I have some minor worries, they will be quelled in the end and we'll get something super good.

I'd love an Ice Rod or my Ice Arrows, so I can make paths over water, among other things.

Suppose so.

Isn't that what the Cyronis rune does? Sorta like a sand rod over water?

Speaking of Ice powers, one video showed that you can use the Sheikah Slate to create blocks of ice in bodies of water.

So Ice powers are already confirmed in the game!

Suppose so.

Isn't that what the Cyronis rune does? Sorta like a sand rod over water?

Ohhhh right, I think so. I totally had forgotten about that, thanks haha.

Speaking of Ice powers, one video showed that you can use the Sheikah Slate to create blocks of ice in bodies of water.

So Ice powers are already confirmed in the game!

I love me some Ice based powers, they are for lack of a better word. Cool

Looks this game won't the classic dungeons items, but rather the Sheikah Slate gets new powers.

For example, you can use the Sheikah Slate to create bombs and to create ice, so maybe classic items such as the hookshot and boomerang will be used through the Sheikah Slate.

I actually kind of like it!

And I'm a big fan of Ice powers too! I love the Ice Arrows, and the Ice Rod was my favorite item in A Link to the Past!

Edited by Water Mage

MM had some of the shittiest dungeons ever to me. Stone Tower Temple was the only good one. Woodfall bored me, Snowhead just plain annoyed me, and Great Bay was too confusing, like a lot of water dungeons in this series are (OoT's Water Temple is probably the only one that didn't actually leave me lost).

If Aonuma's team wants good dungeon design and a reasonable number of dungeons, they need to look to TP and SS, imo. THEY had the best dungeons in the series. With the exception of Snowpeak and the City in the Sky, there is not a single dungeon in either of these two games that I disliked at all. Arbiter's Grounds is the greatest in the series to me, no question. And SS had a sliding block puzzle dungeon! How creative is that?! It was a bit frustrating at times, but still!

Edited by Anacybele

MM had some of the shittiest dungeons ever to me. Stone Tower Temple was the only good one. Woodfall bored me, Snowhead just plain annoyed me, and Great Bay was too confusing, like a lot of water dungeons in this series are (OoT's Water Temple is probably the only one that didn't actually leave me lost).

If Aonuma's team wants good dungeon design and a reasonable number of dungeons, they need to look to TP and SS, imo. THEY had the best dungeons in the series. With the exception of Snowpeak and the City in the Sky, there is not a single dungeon in either of these two games that I disliked at all. Arbiter's Grounds is the greatest in the series to me, no question. And SS had a sliding block puzzle dungeon! How creative is that?! It was a bit frustrating at times, but still!

City in the Sky is the second best temple in twilight princess hands-down (only second to arbiters ground one the best dungeons in the series) and a lot of people adore Snowpeak, I would argue that the Forest and Water dungeons are the weakest dungeon in Twilight Princess.

Anyways I agree that the series in general has had strong dungeon design for the past couple years so I'm not really worried. Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Link Between Worlds all have mostly very good dungeons.

Also I consider Woodfall temple to be massively underrated, as the best first dungeon in the series. As I generally consider the first dungeons you go to to be among the weakest dungeons in the series. Though I understand some people's complaints with Snowhead, it just that the boss is so good I forgive any problems with the temple (which mostly come down to the pits, though I overall enjoy the dungeon. I just wish they wouldn't make you fall to the bottom if you mess up). But anyways that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Locke087

City in the Sky is the second best temple in twilight princess hands-down (only second to arbiters ground one the best dungeons in the series) and a lot of people adore Snowpeak, I would argue that the Forest and Water dungeons are the weakest dungeon in Twilight Princess.

Well, this is just not what I think, so you'll have to deal with it. You can like or dislike those if you want, but I hated City in the Sky and Snowpeak and enjoyed the Forest and Lakebed Temples. And as Glac said, I think the Lakebed Temple is really pretty too.

Well, this is just not what I think, so you'll have to deal with it. You can like or dislike those if you want, but I hated City in the Sky and Snowpeak and enjoyed the Forest and Lakebed Temples. And as Glac said, I think the Lakebed Temple is really pretty too.

Did you read my whole post... I clearly said the end of this was just my opinion. Though I am surprised at all the water temple love I am finding here, helps to know that somebody's enjoying those temples, as with sole exception of Ancient Cistern I cannot. I'm curious do you want dislike about city in the sky, personally I like it because duel hook shots make me feel like Spiderman. Oh and Btw I don't think nearly as highly of Snowpeak as other people do I just thought it was okay...

Also I don't know why but I can't read deal with it, without hearing deal with it yo and laughing, I have a weird sense of humor.

I always liked the water temples in the Zelda series *gasp*. They're very well built, they look great, and most of the time the puzzles are challenging, but rewarding (just don't make us go on a Key-fetch quest like OoT, Nintendo...). I'd love to see that return again, along with a Fire Temple, maybe an Earth Temple, and to keep with the theme, a Lightning or Electric Temple.

I thought only the first part of your post was directed at me, my mistake.

As for why I dislike the City in the Sky, it's mainly because it's a wind-themed dungeon and I usually don't like those. There's a lot of wind blowing you around in this thing, and I was confused by the dungeon a lot as well, to the point where I STILL have to use a guide to not get completely lost.

I do like the Double Clawshots though (they're not hookshots...) and was glad to see them return in SS.

Edited by Anacybele

It may be my bias towards water related things, but I never found Water Dungeons bad, other than the Water Temple in OoT, and even then, it was only the key fetch part.

I think OoT's Water Temple gave a bad reputation to Water Dungeons in the Zelda series, and since then, when people see a Water Dungeon, they already assume it's bad.

There is also the fact that Water Dungeons tend to be more complex than usual, and some people just don't like working hard.

For me, it's fire and desert dungeons that I never find bad. :P Partly because of my bias towards fire-related things in general. And maybe my liking for heat/warmth too.

So of course, I'm hoping Breath of the Wild has awesome fire and desert dungeons like a bunch of past Zeldas do!

Edited by Anacybele

For me, it's fire and desert-related dungeons that I never find bad. :P Partly because of my bias towards fire-related things in general. And maybe my liking for heat/warmth too.

So of course, I'm hoping Breath of the Wild has awesome fire and desert dungeons like a bunch of past Zeldas do!

To be fair, Fire Dungeons tend to be early game, so they are usually pretty easy.

I think one the reason people have bad experiences with Water Dungeons in Zelda it's when the dungeons start getting harder.

Usually in Zelda Games, you through a Forest and Fire Dungeon first, and the Water Dungeon is usually the third, and it's when the dungeons get more complex.

Maybe the difficulty spike tends to have a negative effect on people.

Maybe this is just me but the reason I hate water temples, has absolutely nothing to do with the puzzles or anything, I like that part of them. My reason has everything to do with water in and of itself. I hate how water is used for the most part in video games, it's stupid annoying and tedious. For example switching the current in the Great Bay Temple, changing the water levels in the Water Temple, changing the stairs and climbing up ramps with running water using Iron Boots (because who doesn't love walking slowly up a ramp for decades) in the Lakebed Temple. These things I mentioned do nothing but add tedium to the temple, as they often artificially lengthen the game with their puzzles by making you go back to the same place over and over again. Or spend 16 times longer doing a thing, because of water physics or other shenanigans such as crazy water currents. Heck even after the genius that was Ancient Cistern, Nintendo forgot again how use water and created the worst thing in any Zelda game ever the note finding activity in skyward sword. My point here is the reason I love ancient cistern more than any other water temple is because you're hardly ever in the water. The temple was only improved by that and I hold the opinion that the other water temples would've been improved if they did less with water as well.

Well there's my rant on water temples.

Also I have a biased love for desert temples they're always the best ones (except for skyward sword which somehow flipped it on its head and made the water temple the best one somehow...l Still like the Sand Ship and the other one though).

Also the only fire temple I have any real love for (I don't dislike any of them it's just I kind of feel that they all mesh together my head besides this one), is the Fire Sanctuary. Because it actually managed to be visually distinct from most Fire Temples, on top of being the most fun.

Edited by Locke087