QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

I met up with Pride

other than that no this year was an absolute shitfest and I'm not optimistic about next year either, I hope I am proven wrong

There are not enough elections or referendums for 2017 to be worse than 2016.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Election takes place in my country next year... and I'm realistic enough to say... it won't become better than it is now.

The currently politics are fine, but the balance of the party system is going to break if the right populist party will earn a serious result (>10%).

Stable majorites are gone... and we might have a government of three parties... a novum!

And I'm not delighted for it at all.

Stable majorites are gone... and we might have a government of three parties... a novum!

Having three main parties sucks, hope no such things happens wherever you are.

Overall un unremarkable year for me; I hear we lost many famous singers but I was lucky or unlucky enough not to know them.

Koumal8, on 28 Dec 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

snapback.png

She means a coalition government of three parties?

Whelp, I misread, I guess a coalition government is not so bad as long as one of the three has a major advantage over the others in the number of elected candidates.

She means a coalition government of three parties?

Overall un unremarkable year for me; I hear we lost many famous singers but I was lucky or unlucky enough not to know them.

Sry, if it was not clear.

I meant a coalition government of three parties.

Currently we have a coalition of two parties, but both parties lost agreement in the past years.

Since the latest terror attacks in Europe (I live in Germany btw), the agreement for right populist parties rised extremly.

A right populist party will enter the parlament for the first time for sure. A two-digit result is expected.

If it comes really bad, this party will get so many votes that the absolute majority of the current government will get lost.

And then we need a third party which will make things more complicated.

Also, my displayed gender isn't true.

Well, I was hoping to see a bit less negativity. Like I'm any better in my personal life (absolutely wasted the year, had to delay degree, didn't lose weight)

Ireland beat the All Blacks in rugby (finally), we didn't vote in nazis back home, didn't lose family so far this year, the world didn't blow itself up and we had a family gathering on Christmas Day (for good or bad). So 2016 wasn't totally awful, but yeah, I too will be glad to see the back of it.

Well, good things that happened this year: Dutch government was forced by the court to provide for minimal needs for illegal immigrants in our country. The governments of Western Europe dragged it's Eastern neighbours (and part of its population) kicking and screaming into taking in war refugees.

On a personal level: Made friends, had sex, generally felt pretty good, learned lots of important things about myself.

For me personally 2016 was fantastic so I guess I'll be the lucky one

um really though that'd make for lots to list and idk what to even narrow it down to. I guess the major ones would be that 2016 will be the first year that I've spent entirely living with Integrity (and Specta too~) now and we've got future life goals more solidly planned out now too. On a smaller scale I've managed my fitness and weight loss pretty well (just that I'll be losing my progress for a little bit here because I've just gotten attacked by thanksgiving and christmas~). I finally own a real phone now and I had gotten a job to help cover my student loans. And now I'm making myself useful around the house by learning housecleaning chores and cooking! AND SPECTA GOT A PET SNAKE HE'S THE CUTEST THING. speaking of cute things guild wars 2 brought me aurene it's probably really shallow of me but that's helped make my year. The pieces just have been starting to fall into place this year. I guess for me this year has been nothing but forward progress.

If things continue to go according to plan though then 2017 will definitely be the best year yet for many many reasons (and hey that's year of the rooster come february so it's my year!!)

It is easy to forget about the good things, but 2016 had plenty of positive news as well...
For example:

-First flower ever grown in space
-Historic visit of the president of the United States to Cuba
-174 countries sign the Paris climate agreement
-Leonardo DiCaprio finally won an Oscar
-Completion of the Tsjernobyl sarcophagus
-Succesful trial of a full HIV cure
-World hunger is at its lowest point for 25 years
The only difference is that these things tend to get very little coverage by the media.
Edited by Masterthunderblade

SPECTA GOT A PET SNAKE HE'S THE CUTEST THING.

eh... diamond is unbreakable was great?

these are both good things

there are more but i don't feel like thinking of anything else

Edited by unique

It is easy to forget about the good things, but 2016 had plenty of positive news as well...

For example:

-First flower ever grown in space

-Historic visit of the president of the United States to Cuba

-174 countries sign the Paris climate agreement

-Leonardo DiCaprio finally won an Oscar

-Completion of the Tsjernobyl sarcophagus

-Succesful trial of a full HIV cure

-World hunger is at its lowest point for 25 years

The only difference is that these things tend to get very little coverage by the media.

Okay maybe 2016 wasn't so bad after all.

PERSONALLY 2016 was a good year for me i think!!!

my friends helped make my 16th birthday the best yet

i learned a lot artwise!! i didn't draw as much as i hoped i would but this was the first year i actually saved old works and dated them and wow i improved a lot

my mental health has gotten better

like kuro said music was good

idk all in all my 2016 was not bad

I actually had no problems with this year

It was a p fun year, got a lot of things I liked & had new experiences

Things like celebrity deaths didn't really impact the year for me because I don't focus my life on them

Next year will be even better tho I think

2016 was a pretty meh year for me. But, I'll be positive and talk what was good about it!

-Got seriously invested in Competitive Smash Bros. I've met a lot of cool people, but I haven't won a local yet. Though, I have reached just outside of 9th place. Hoping to get good enough to bring Roy to his proper spot on the tier list.

-Listened to more music of different genres.

-I'd like to think my mindset on things have changed. Time will tell I guess.

-Better time management.

Edited by Jiegg

hahahahahahah fuck no practically everything went wrong like going to psychiatric hospitals back-to-back.

Second psychiatric hospital lost me a really good job hahahaha.

Bad mistakes all around.

But I guess certain games are the only redeeming factors of 2016. I guess also that Hillary isn't going to be the next president. \o/ inb4hatecomments

Edited by Espeon

I think I grew a lot more this year than I ever had before and am glad who I became today!

There were some negatives this year, but the positives outweigh them all and all that good stuff