QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's usually a lack of doing anything in my case

most recent thing I can think of is staying up really late last night for no reason whatsoever

same

i was talking to a not-even-close friend late at night and i told him a very very embarrassing secret

now i live in perpetual fear that he's going to tell one of my other friends because that's totally something he'd do

Rule of Rose and Fatal Frame.

Rule of Rose is a game that is hard to get physical copies of and its more a psychological horror, but it's a good one. Fatal Frame is spooky scary ghosts. Good shit.

Other than the ones suggested, I love many many horror games around this time of year like Psycho Break/The Evil Within, Until Dawn, Clock Tower series, Misao, Crooked Man, Mermaid Swamp (rpg horror games translated in general) and way too many others to name so yes play them I love them all 10/10

What better time to play .flow than Halloween?

It's similar to Yume Nikki except darker, with a much more oppressive atmosphere in general. ...and lots of blood. It's very bloody.

For the folks more interested in a good story I'd recommend END ROLL, a kinda-horror-except-not-really RPG recently translated by vgperson. Don't be fooled; it starts out pretty subtle, but the atmosphere definitely catches up. Oh boy does it catch up.

Edited by Scarlet

I scare easily, so I'm not sure if this counts. . .but there was exactly ONE game that disturbed me enough that I couldn't finish it, and that was Baroque.

If you just want to go "WTF", may I suggest anything by Cavia?

Five Nights at Freddy's

I know this is all personal opinion but I can't say I recommend this series. Too reliant on jumpscares to effectively be "scary." It's more of a one trick pony that mostly relies on startling more then "scaring" you.

I know this is all personal opinion but I can't say I recommend this series. Too reliant on jumpscares to effectively be "scary." It's more of a one trick pony that mostly relies on startling more then "scaring" you.

See: newest game in the series. (Sister Location)

very good job in presenting that creepy vibe.

However, the ones I'd suggest was Misao and Mad Father and both have been suggested so rip ;n;

Edited by Jiegg