QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

I pretty much never spend more than $20 a person to eat out. I only really eat at fancy restaurants when someone else is paying. 90% of the time, it's because medical reps are taking me and other docs out to try to sell us stuff.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely public - and not selective, either. I've been in public schools all my life and the one year at a selective school (back in 2007, when they still thought I was intelligent) was hellish tryhard garbage. It wanted to be a private school so badly because it'd been one in the past.

Though in the UK, aren't public schools, like, the poshest of the posh?

like what, just general public schools? nah, mine was fucking shit and most of the others I knew were too (some being worse than others)

i mean aside from school uniform being mandatory here

my friend who went to a private school informed me that it wasn't really so different but with higher standards. ironically, he told me drug dealers used to hang around the exits on the assumption that these kids had a lot of money

Edited by Tryhard

I do have kids, and will have to decide soon. The best schools around here are Catholic schools, so maybe them, but we haven't decided for sure, yet.

speaking from experience this is almost entirely untrue

any kind of isolation is usually self-inflicted

This is true.

And in the UK, aren't public schools what we in the US would call private schools and state schools are what we would call public schools, or did Lindybeige lie to me?

Regardless that I never ever will have kids probably, I'd send them to a public school because kids tend to get isolated in a private school.

speaking from experience this is almost entirely untrue

any kind of isolation is usually self-inflicted

Mixed it up with boarding school - My bad!

Also speaking from the view how I see it in my country.