Heirs of Fate-End

Dai

I was also pleasantly surprised that Anankos' reasons for overtaking other realms wasn't just out of a desire for destruction. He was searching for the kind of Valla he had before, where it was peaceful and he was still worshipped as a god.

It's....kind of sad honestly. Would have been nice if some of these details from Hidden Truths and Heirs of Fate actually made it into the main story.

[spoiler=Kind of spoiler-y response, I guess]Honestly, I think it bothers me that at the end of the day NONE of the bad guys are really "bad", or at the very least the writers are trying to shove sympathy down our throats to a ridiculous amount. Each of the final bosses have some ridiculous excuse to "absolve" them of their actions. Garon - slime monster and real Garon died long time ago. Takumi - possessed lol. Anankos - well, we get our sob story in this DLC and in the previous IK DLC.

And yeah, I know that almost all the villains in the other FE games had "tragic backstories" or some reason given to sympathize with them. But it didn't feel like they were shoving it in your face to a ridiculous amount, or trying to make us feel sorry for them. At the very least, we didn't get a shitload of DLC telling us about how the big bad really isn't so "bad" and is really just a pitiable figure we should feel sad for. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want Grima back. I want a final bad guy who's the game holds responsible for their actions.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Kind of spoiler-y response, I guess]Honestly, I think it bothers me that at the end of the day NONE of the bad guys are really "bad", or at the very least the writers are trying to shove sympathy down our throats to a ridiculous amount. Each of the final bosses have some ridiculous excuse to "absolve" them of their actions. Garon - slime monster and real Garon died long time ago. Takumi - possessed lol. Anankos - well, we get our sob story in this DLC and in the previous IK DLC.

And yeah, I know that almost all the villains in the other FE games had "tragic backstories" or some reason given to sympathize with them. But it didn't feel like they were shoving it in your face to a ridiculous amount, or trying to make us feel sorry for them. At the very least, we didn't get a shitload of DLC telling us about how the big bad really isn't so "bad" and is really just a pitiable figure we should feel sad for. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want Grima back. I want a final bad guy who's the game holds responsible for their actions.

I see your point, but one of the biggest knocks about Grima is that he/she seemed to have it out for the world because....reasons.

I see your point, but one of the biggest knocks about Grima is that he/she seemed to have it out for the world because....reasons.

Yeah, but at least Grima was never given two sets of DLC explaining his sob story and trying to make us see him as a pitiable figure. Actually, even if he's trying to destroy the world for "reasons", they never get into it so at the very least I can't blame the game for shoving his sob story down my throat!

I think I would have liked it more if...

we didn't has a dues ex machina of the fourth verse bring back everyone who died in every Birthright/Conquest timeline (or rewinding time, its really not clear how this even works). It is just so silly and really invalidates everything in Fates, given how easily it fixed everything. Why didn't we even have its existance brough up at all ever in the actual plot.

Why do we have this apparently kill Anankos innevery non-revelations timeline. How is Lilith strong enough to send like 20 people between worlds when Anankos could only do 3. Why do we have random generic kids solving the Anankos problem when our actual Birthright/Conquest playthroughs were destroyed (then fixed) of screen? Why should we care about anyone in this DLC when they are random parallel versions of the characters?

I mean, finding out this all happened because failed Revelations Corrin was a srub and actually died on the Anankos fight at least confirmed my suspicions that he/she is a incompetant idiot, so theres that...

The forth verse didn't bring everyone back to life or rewind time at all. All the kids returned home to a point moments after they were separated from their parents since they are all from different realms so by killing Anankos the Valite army must have just vanished in each one, I don't really see what's so confusing about that :/ (The main characters that died in the apparently failed Rev plot probably passed on like Arete and them did since, once Anankos died, his hold on them would end.)

As for Lilith sending 20 people:

1. She was in Valla so she had her full strength and was sending them to a place IN Valla

2. They had the gems given to Sollei and Ophelia by their fathers

3. When Anankos sent the Awakening kids he did not the strength he could have had if he'd been his dragon self and not human.

In BR & CQ the Anankos problem was never solved (things from Valla maybe but not Anankos) if anything, I think eventually, in those 2 paths, Anankos probably would have unleashed hell and destroyed the human race like he planned. After all, at the end of Hidden Truths he said something along the lines of "No matter which path is chosen I will be victorious."

Also, no one said you had to care about the people in the DLC...personally, I think it was amazing but haters gonna hate.

Regardless, every game has flaws in their plots and people just rant about them instead of just accepting it :/

Edited by AuraDragoness

In BR & CQ the Anankos problem was never solved (things from Valla maybe but not Anankos) if anything, I think eventually, in those 2 paths, Anankos probably would have unleashed hell and destroyed the human race like he planned. After all, at the end of Hidden Truths he said something along the lines of "No matter which path is chosen I will be victorious."

This sounds like a problem to me. If the developers really wanted to make Valla such a strong part of their story, they should've just put a timeskip in Birthright and Conquest where you get the normally aged up kids to finish the job instead of putting a fuckton of DLC. The base game should not require DLC to understand loose unexplained ends.

Edited by Sunwoo

This sounds like a problem to me. If the developers really wanted to make Valla such a strong part of their story, they should've just put a timeskip in Birthright and Conquest where you get the normally aged up kids to finish the job instead of putting a fuckton of DLC. The base game should not require DLC to understand loose unexplained ends.

TBH I like them as DLC. I don't really see why everyone is hating on it when the DLC for Fates is a hella lot cheaper than the DLC that Awakening had. At least the some of the DLC for Fates was relevant to the story where as in Awakening (save the Future's Past) the DLC is not related at all and is just "Here play this level to get a unit" or "These two levels will give you a metric butt-ton of EXP and Gold".

All cons aside, I personally think Heirs of Fate was a good DLC, better than most.

Edited by AuraDragoness

TBH I like them as DLC. I don't really see why everyone is hating on it when the DLC for Fates is a hella lot cheaper than the DLC that Awakening had. And at least the some of the DLC for Fates was relevant to the story where as in Awakening (save the Future's Past one) it's not related at all.

That's the problem -- everything that's explained in the story-relevant DLCs, such as Anankos's background and motivations, and stuff like why the Awakening trio are here, should've been explained in the main story to begin with. Or Revelation. I can forgive Revelation being a paid-for third path, but all this extra stuff is just a cash grab and should've been in either Revelation or one of the base games to begin with. We shouldn't require DLC to understand things the story should've already told us from the start.

Edited by Sunwoo

TBH I like them as DLC. I don't really see why everyone is hating on it when the DLC for Fates is a hella lot cheaper than the DLC that Awakening had. And at least the some of the DLC for Fates was relevant to the story where as in Awakening (save the Future's Past one) it's not related at all.

I already paid $80+ for the "full" game. That's already a lot. And I'm expecting by buying the three versions I'm going to have the full story, especially after buying the path called "Revelation" that's advertised as having the answers. I shouldn't have to pay even a cent more for story content. And the main villain's history/goals is definitely something that's relevant and not side content.

Edited by Book Bro

That's the problem -- everything that's explained in the story-relevant DLCs, such as Anankos's background and motivations, and stuff like why the Awakening trio are here, should've been explained in the main story to begin with. Or Revelation. I can forgive Revelation being a paid-for third path, but all this extra stuff is just a cash grab and should've been in either Revelation or one of the base games to begin with. We shouldn't require DLC to understand things the story should've already told us from the start.

Well no one says you have to buy the DLC you can just look up the scripts online or in walkthroughs :/ As for the thing about Anankos' motivations, there's no way we could have known if he didn't tell us (and he probably wouldn't have told us either as that'd be the cliche "Let me tell you my plan before I kill you" thing. He may have also made an acceptation for Shigure as the previous king looked so similar and it brought him back to reality for at least a few minutes) As for the Awakening trio, that information isn't important enough to fit into the story (Hell I didn't even recognize those three until I looked up why one of them was getting insane stat level ups)

Edited by AuraDragoness

IS clearly intended for me (and other people who got the game) to buy the DLC. They didn't just intend for us to look it up through youtube or a walkthrough.

Also, the Awakening trio were important enough to get their own DLC. And since Fates and Awakening don't exist in the same world, there has to be some reason the actual Awakening kids are in this game. If the developers think it's important enough to get explanation DLC, then it's important enough to explain in one of the paths. ESPECIALLY Revelation.

Edited by Sunwoo

IS clearly intended for me (and other people who got the game) to buy the DLC. They didn't just intend for us to look it up through youtube or a walkthrough.

Also, the Awakening trio were important enough to get their own DLC. And since Fates and Awakening don't exist in the same world, there has to be some reason the actual Awakening kids are in this game. If the developers think it's important enough to get explanation DLC, then it's important enough to explain in one of the paths. ESPECIALLY Revelation.

I doubt they are oblivious to the fact walkthroughs and YT are a thing. The DLC is there for you if you want to play it and give them a bit of extra cash or, if you prefer a walkthrough then that works too.

Kinda disappointing how the first few posts on this thread were positive and then slowly descended into a bunch of hate of the DLC :/ if you don't like it then that's fine but you don't have to complain about it on every relevant thread...

Edited by AuraDragoness

First, cut the passive aggressive small text strikethrough. Second, I'm aware that they're aware to the existence of walkthroughs and youtube. But obviously they wanted to profit off the DLC, otherwise they wouldn't have released it as DLC. They still had the intent to sell it separate from the base game and Revelation.

I'm tempted to go through this topic to do a second set of edits - this time for spoilers. But this won't be until I get home, so you guys have a few hours to do it on your own.

USE SPOILER TAGS. The end.

I think it seemed 'wobbly and shaky' because he was trying to sing in Shigure's voice. It's hard to sing when you aren't using your natural voice so I think he pulled it off amazingly since I don't think he actually sings much.

I think it's also due to the lyrics having too many syllables for the song(for Lost in Thoughts at least), hence it seems shaky.

The forth verse didn't bring everyone back to life or rewind time at all. All the kids returned home to a point moments after they were separated from their parents since they are all from different realms so by killing Anankos the Valite army must have just vanished in each one, I don't really see what's so confusing about that :/ (The main characters that died in the apparently failed Rev plot probably passed on like Arete and them did since, once Anankos died, his hold on them would end.)

As for Lilith sending 20 people:

1. She was in Valla so she had her full strength and was sending them to a place IN Valla

2. They had the gems given to Sollei and Ophelia by their fathers

3. When Anankos sent the Awakening kids he did not the strength he could have had if he'd been his dragon self and not human.

Also, no one said you had to care about the people in the DLC...personally, I think it was amazing but haters gonna hate.

Regardless, every game has flaws in their plots and people just rant about them instead of just accepting it :/

In part 5 it specifically says each of the kids were the only survivors of their own timelines. That everyone thete is likely already dead. So no, unless the english version changed it, the song is totally rewinding time or bringing people back from the dead. He flat out has been going from timeline to timeline destroying them, which is apparentlu undone somehow.

The point of this DLC seemed to literally be to deal with the fact Anankos is still alive in the other two routes, with the actions here somehow killing him in everyother timeline.

Edited by TheWerdna

What's a good strategy for this xenologue if you want everyone alive when you beat it? I keep losing a unit every time I tried it and the furthest I got was the final form. After the first turn on that, Mitama got trashed by one of the ninjas. :(

What's a good strategy for this xenologue if you want everyone alive when you beat it? I keep losing a unit every time I tried it and the furthest I got was the final form. After the first turn on that, Mitama got trashed by one of the ninjas. :(

I did this in several different parts:

Part 1 - Have Siegbert (with Soliel in back) bait out Arthur, while Ignatius (paired with Midori) baits out Benny. Use Rally Defense (Percy) and Rally Speed (Caeldori) on these two. On the other side, have Hisame trade over the Dual Katana to Shiro, and have Shiro (paired with Asugi) stand just within range of ONLY the Spear Master. Pair up the Kanas, and have the Kana with the Kodachi in range of ONLY the Malig Knight. Have everyone else run towards the Nohr side. By your next turn, Arthur should be at something like 8 HP, Benny should be missing some health, the Spear Master that attacked Shiro should either be dead or close to it, and a bunch of other people have aggro'd you.

Part 2 - Use Rally Speed on Siegbert. Shiro should be able to either one-shot the Master at Arms, or make him otherwise nearly dead with daddy's sword, so do that (his guard gauge should be nearly full). The best way to get rid of Benny is with Percy (I had him paired with Nina) and Pike-Ruin Club and someone else in range. Ophelia (paired with Forrest) should be able to one-shot Keaton with Lightning (BUT DO NOT HAVE HER ENTER SILAS' RANGE). Have some random person take care of Arthur. Siegbert should be able to ORKO the 'zerker.

I'll add to this when I get home. I don't have time to do a complete playthrough of this, but what I have should be enough for you to get rid of the initial enemies with no losses.

Ok, so I don't know if I'm just weird, but when I listen to the fourth verse, it sounds like Shigure is singing "Here with me, One last time," not "Sing with me, one last time." Am I the only one?

I liked this chapter, but it would have been so much better if I could play with the kids I created and built. The DLC isn't hard, just long and tedious because you have to be careful. To give you an example,

I usually have Ignatius tank one of the arms and Shiro the other because they are the only units I can depend on not to get one-shot. There's literally no challenge as I can have a healer with a ranged staff waiting out of range if they get hurt too bad. Sigh.... Meanwhile the Ophelia on my main file can one round Anankos's 1st and 2nd form.

I don't think most of the story points introduced by these later DLC, aside from Revelation, even existed when the base game came out though. Take the Awakening children's mission - they never make any direct reference to the Anankos stuff anywhere in the main story, supports or even final chapter lines. Same goes to Lilith, who doesn't even hint that she's Corrin's sister even while talking as a spirit. Obviously this is even more relevant to Heirs of Fates. There was no fourth song secretly kept away by the developers for months at all. I like the story of these DLCs, but they were clearly written separately from the main game. If you look at the Japanese launch dates, even the Awakening trio DLC came out months after the original game and the children one came out almost one year later.

The one credited for the scenario in Heirs of Fate's credits sequence is Nami Komuro, an IS employee, and also Awakening's writer, rather than Shin Kibayashi, further showing that this scenario likely didn't exist before the DLC itself.

Edited by NeonZ

I don't think most of the story points introduced by these later DLC, aside from Revelation, even existed when the base game came out though. Take the Awakening children's mission - they never make any direct reference to the Anankos stuff anywhere in the main story, supports or even final chapter lines. Same goes to Lilith, who doesn't even hint that she's Corrin's sister even while talking as a spirit. Obviously this is even more relevant to Heirs of Fates. There was no fourth song secretly kept away by the developers for months at all. I like the story of these DLCs, but they were clearly written separately from the main game. If you look at the Japanese launch dates, even the Awakening trio DLC came out months after the original game and the children one came out almost one year later.

I've have the Japanese version of the game since a week after the original release, so I am perfectly aware of the games between the game and the DLC, thank you.

And the only thing it's telling me is that IS tried to justify Kamui not being related to the Hoshidans way too hard, completely failed at it, and made a bunch of bullshit DLCs that are supposed to be related to the main story.

I've have the Japanese version of the game since a week after the original release, so I am perfectly aware of the games between the game and the DLC, thank you.

That wasn't what it sounded like in your previous post, since you were implying that they were holding back story content for the DLC, rather than just making up stuff for the DLC.

And the only thing it's telling me is that IS tried to justify Kamui not being related to the Hoshidans way too hard, completely failed at it, and made a bunch of bullshit DLCs that are supposed to be related to the main story.

Hydra being Corrin's father, rather than just an ancestor, is the one "revelation" from these DLCs that was in the base game already (the coded text in the castle). Still, yeah, the story had holes and unexplained stuff, and it was weak in general, but I don't think one thing necessarily correlates to the other. These kinds of super powerful ancient evils often don't really get much characterization in the first place.