Do you kill the Senators in Part III; Chapter 3?

There are three or two senators in Part III; Chapter 3 of Radiant Dawn and each of them have an item you get after you kill them even though you could steal it with Heather. However I don't use Heather so I end up killing them all. Before the level starts you're told that you probably shouldn't kill them and if you don't I believe you get Bonus EXP for it. But I've never gone through one playthrough of not killing them. Does it make a big difference and have you guys always killed them, never killed them, or just mix it up a bit?

When I play casually and slow paced I usually spare their lives, but if I'm in a rush and need to free a chokepoint or something I just kill them. But the BEXP is always good and better imo. Instead I can steal their items.

That also largely depends on the experience spread and the characters you want to use. Say, if you already have 2 or 3 Third tier units, killing the senators is dumb because their CEXP is worse than the BEXP they offer. Instead if you have weak units and need CEXP, then don't play the saint's way.

Who the hell has 2 or 3 third tier units by Chapter 3? I certainly don't! My first third tier promotion doesn't occur until 3-5, and I'm playing on Eas, er, Japan Normal.

I've been replaying Radiant Dawn this week and I had four. Mia, Shinon, Oscar, and Titania.

Never. Sparing them grants sweet, sweet BEXP. So i just trap them and have Heather swipe their loot.

I've been replaying Radiant Dawn this week and I had four. Mia, Shinon, Oscar, and Titania.

Yee. Usually when i play, Titania and Soren are 3rd tier by that chapter. But i put in a lot of love for Soren.

Never. Sparing them grants sweet, sweet BEXP. So i just trap them and have Heather swipe their loot.

Yee. Usually when i play, Titania and Soren are 3rd tier by that chapter. But i put in a lot of love for Soren.

I usually give Soren that Master Crown I get that level.

Who the hell has 2 or 3 third tier units by Chapter 3? I certainly don't! My first third tier promotion doesn't occur until 3-5, and I'm playing on Eas, er, Japan Normal.

Units like Titania, Oscar, Boyd and Haar are most likely to be promoted by that time at NM. Other units like Soren, Rhys, Ilyana, Nephenee, etc., are expected to promote at 3-5 or 3-4. But that's being efficient on the exp spread.

Units like Titania, Oscar, Boyd and Haar are most likely to be promoted by that time at NM. Other units like Soren, Rhys, Ilyana, Nephenee, etc., are expected to promote at 3-5 or 3-4. But that's being efficient on the exp spread.

Oh yeah I forgot about Haar! I was just thinking about the Greil Mercenaries. So yeah I had 5 units at that point.

I actively use Heather so usually steal for maximum gains. Though if they're escaping and Heather is nowhere nearby for whatever reason I don't hesitate to give them an axe in the face for their loot.

That also largely depends on the experience spread and the characters you want to use. Say, if you already have 2 or 3 Third tier units, killing the senators is dumb because their CEXP is worse than the BEXP they offer. Instead if you have weak units and need CEXP, then don't play the saint's way.

This is pretty much the answer.

These senators are rather higher leveled enemies than the others so it's more worth to kill them, especially on hard mode.