How does the prison work in Conquest?

Alastor15243

I've never understood how it's possible to persuade captured Hoshidan soldiers to join you in conquest. Bribing them, maybe I can see that, but actually persuading them to fight on the side of Nohr for ideological reasons?

The story makes it pretty clear that there's almost no reason whatsoever for the war to be happening other than because Garon's a psychotic bastard, and Corrin and Azura are the only ones aware of the true purpose behind the war and should be the only ones with a snowball's chance in hell of convincing captured Hoshidan soldiers that fighting for Corrin's army is remotely either justifiable or in their best interests.

What the hell are the Hoshidans being told?

Some prison conversations like Camilla's state that there is torture going on there. So it's probably less of a matter of telling people something then it is to break their body and spirit until they are moulded into one of Corrin's puppets. Some characters don't seem to apply torture, but when you are a Hoshidian solder who got kidnapped defending your country and a guy like Arthur insists that you are somehow an "evildoer" and you have no choice but to listen to him "teaching you righteousness" or whatever he says, the absurdity of that situation will probably kill your brain rather quickly.

Edited by BrightBow

Some prison conversations like Camilla's state that there is torture going on there. So it's probably less of a matter of telling people something then it is to break their body and spirit until they are moulded into one of Corrin's puppets. Some characters don't seem to apply torture, but when you are a Hoshidian solder who got kidnapped defending your country and a guy like Arthur insists that you are somehow an "evildoer" and you have no choice but to listen to him "teaching you righteousness" or whatever he says, the absurdity of that situation will probably kill your brain rather quickly.

Then... what about Inigo? I doubt he'd try either of those methods.

1. Here are a series of slightly tangential questions; units seem to be able to RAPPORT with captured units in prison which use the same main weapon. In fact something like this is quite ubiquitous throughout My Castle; in Shops certain units give discounts to certain weapons, in the Arena . In the Prison, this is manifested by the Prison Guard unit being able to Rapport with certain other units.

Is this correspondence completely determined by that unit's base class, the class that the unit is currently in (e.g. weapon type with highest achievable weapon rank), or by the weapon type of the unit's highest weapon rank, or something that is simply unique to the unit itself? I'm a bit confused since in the Arena, for example, sometimes I see Avatar in his/her base class wielding a Dragonstone, while at others wielding an Iron Sword; I'm wondering whether there is some variation involved even for the same unit, and if so, whether a same kind of reasoning permeates various My Castle features such as the Arena, Shops, Prison, etc.

2. Does each capturable unit have a fixed number of persuasions necessary for recruitment? Or is there some kind of randomness involved? (i.e. Does Haitaka always take 3 Persuasions, etc.) If the number of required persuasions are indeed fixed for each unit, is there a heuristic way of telling before actually trying multiple times?

3. Does Rapport shorten the number of persuasions involved to get a captured unit? And has anyone figured out a quantitative way of how this work.

Then... what about Inigo? I doubt he'd try either of those methods.

Well, I've never used him so I wouldn't know. But considering that he is working for Xander and he is pals with Pieri, I have trouble to imagine that he is a very moral person. Unless of course he is under a Geas spell or something like that.

Edited by BrightBow

Elise: "Oh come on, join us."
Haitaka: "no."

Elise: "oh come on."

Haitaka: "No."

~next day~

Niles: "Join us, hot stuff."
Haitaka: "no...wait where did PigTails go?"
Niles: "Today's MY day, big boy. Join us."
Haitaka: "no."
Niles: "ohhh i like it when you talk dirty!"

~next day~
Azura: "Join us."
Haitaka: "no...wait. Didnt i try to kill you?"
Azura: "Yes you did. I cant say im thrilled to be here trying to convince you to join us, but Corn's word is law around here."
Haitaka: "....Where did that guy with the tight pants go?"
Azura: *walks away stoically*

~next day~

Camilla: "Join us~~"
Haitaka: "holy Dawn Dragon, those are some...pair."

Camilla: "J o i n U s."
Haitaka: "Gainax has nothing on you, sweetheart."
Camilla: "J O I N U S."
Haitaka: "...."

~next day~

Elise: "oh come on, join us."
Haitaka: "Yeah ok."
Elise: "yaayyyy!! Here, have this Guard Naginata! Corn got it because a lot of weirdos visited the castle and somehow, that gets us lots of good swag."
Haitaka: "neat. Heyyy...can i pair up with Tits McGee?"

Niles: "You are MY partner until otherwise noted. You need my speed bonus, mate. And we all could use your Rally."

Haitaka: "Is that you Nohrians call it these days?"
Niles: "ahahahahah catching on quick!"

Basically how it goes. Im not even sure how bribing with resources makes any sense but i guess it can.

Elise: "oh come on, join us. Ill give you all these rather useless sparkly things you can use to buy cool sunglasses at the Accessory shop with."

Haitaka: "Whoa sweet ass shit, i always wanted some shades~"

I'm a bit confused since in the Arena, for example, sometimes I see Avatar in his/her base class wielding a Dragonstone, while at others wielding an Iron Sword; I'm wondering whether there is some variation involved even for the same unit, and if so, whether a same kind of reasoning permeates various My Castle features such as the Arena, Shops, Prison, etc.

I'm pretty sure the weapon used in the arena is the weapon the unit's class can use with the highest weapon rank, including EXP. E.g. if Niles just promoted to Bow Knight, he'll be using a bow. However, if he reclassed to Dark Knight after using a sword even one time in a for-EXP as a Bow Knight and has the one weaponEXP, he'll use swords in the arena as a Dark Knight.

However, while D and up weapon ranks always get iron weapons (or the equivalent) if a unit only has E ranks, they'll be given brass (or equivalent) and can't crit or use skills.

Unfortunately, I do not know how person's systems work in such detail. Or Lotto's (although I imagine Lotto is based on the unit's Luck stat). But I imagine everything has some relation to the unit being used, given that there are accessories to increase a unit's chance to run a facility. Probably also RNG, but also, perhaps, the unit.

I've never understood how it's possible to persuade captured Hoshidan soldiers to join you in conquest. Bribing them, maybe I can see that, but actually persuading them to fight on the side of Nohr for ideological reasons?

The story makes it pretty clear that there's almost no reason whatsoever for the war to be happening other than because Garon's a psychotic bastard, and Corrin and Azura are the only ones aware of the true purpose behind the war and should be the only ones with a snowball's chance in hell of convincing captured Hoshidan soldiers that fighting for Corrin's army is remotely either justifiable or in their best interests.

What the hell are the Hoshidans being told?

Just the fact that they were spared shows that Corrin is pretty different from other Nohr commanders and their general view of Nohr as a 100% evil nation. This is one of the reasons Kaze joins the party in the main story, so it could apply to some of the Hoshido units.

And, like mentioned above, we do a specific quote and then a composite of sound effects and quotes for each unit attempting to convince the prisoners. Some outright seem to use torture, including attack quotes and sound effects, but others just attempt to convince them with words.

Prison_Elise_01_zpseevoiaze.jpg

(This Wyvern Knight is from Cheve - the capture message acknowledges his faction)

Generic_Edsel_CheveWyvernKnight_02_zpsuj

Generic_Edsel_CheveWyvernKnight_01_zps8e

Some outright seem to use torture, including attack quotes and sound effects

If I'm remembering correctly, most of the voiced quotes (at least in NA) are battle related. I also seem to recall non-torture units using battle voice clips. I think about everyone uses "getting hit" sound effects if they fail at persuading.

But, then again, I could be totally wrong.

All the spoken quotes are recycled, but they aren't necessarily battle quotes - and even, when they are, the overall context often doesn't indicate actual attacks - like Shigure makes it seem like he's going to attack, but then he briefly sings.

1. Here are a series of slightly tangential questions; units seem to be able to RAPPORT with captured units in prison which use the same main weapon. In fact something like this is quite ubiquitous throughout My Castle; in Shops certain units give discounts to certain weapons, in the Arena . In the Prison, this is manifested by the Prison Guard unit being able to Rapport with certain other units.

Is this correspondence completely determined by that unit's base class, the class that the unit is currently in (e.g. weapon type with highest achievable weapon rank), or by the weapon type of the unit's highest weapon rank, or something that is simply unique to the unit itself? I'm a bit confused since in the Arena, for example, sometimes I see Avatar in his/her base class wielding a Dragonstone, while at others wielding an Iron Sword; I'm wondering whether there is some variation involved even for the same unit, and if so, whether a same kind of reasoning permeates various My Castle features such as the Arena, Shops, Prison, etc.

2. Does each capturable unit have a fixed number of persuasions necessary for recruitment? Or is there some kind of randomness involved? (i.e. Does Haitaka always take 3 Persuasions, etc.) If the number of required persuasions are indeed fixed for each unit, is there a heuristic way of telling before actually trying multiple times?

3. Does Rapport shorten the number of persuasions involved to get a captured unit? And has anyone figured out a quantitative way of how this work.

Each time you try to persuade a prisoner, resources needed to recruit are reduced. Maybe after reaching a certain threshold, the prisoner is recruited. I've noticed that the classes from both the guard and the prisoners may reduce the amount of resources even further, just like the discounts you get from the einherjar shop.