Between the Dreamworlds: Savers of the Apocalypse - Chapter 1

Enaluxeme

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I got all three. Rufus couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. Knowing that he doesn't really stand a chance facing them in a straight combat, Rufus opted to use guerrilla tactics.

Rufus runs out of sight and hides behind a building at a relatively close but safe distance.

Rufus takes cover, getting out of Shepard, Thyme and Noel's line of sight.

Rufus gains and uses a new skill: Take Cover.

Name: Take Cover
Special effect: buff: Rufus gets 30 bonus evasion when targeted by Ranged skills. Is removed if Rufus uses a Melee skill.

Counters
Rufus (29 speed): 20/100 -> 49/100
Shepard (30-3 speed): 75/100 -> 102/100
Thyme (28 speed): 38/100 -> 66/100
Noel (35 speed): 0/100 -> 35/100

Overdrive Gauge (4 speed): 16/100 -> 20/100

Turn of Shepard

(Shepard gets the same skill, as it makes sense for him to have it)

Edited by Enaluxeme

"Grrrr... Sleep spells?" said Thyme, gritting her teeth in annoyance at her consciousness returned to her and, with it, her flames. "Are you kidding me? Sleep spells is the best you've got? Annoying but I am gonna show you some real firepower! Shepard, cover me! I'm going to show this sucker something very, VERY, scary! A pissed off Thyme!"

Edited by Snowy_One

Shepard tought of seeing Rufus through one of the windows of the buildings and immediately grasped the opportunity to fire his weapon, but Rufus wasn't hit. In fact, he was never in that place. Strange, perhaps it was a trick of the light?

In the meantime, Fennel managed to find two of the brigands, one of whom was the guy holding the machine gun. Judging by what she could hear of the discussion they were having, they were trying to figure out what to do.

"But boss, we can just come back another day! Why risk our hides when they are killing each other already?"

As expected, the submachine guy was the boss.

"We can't let them destroy the village like this, you idiot, we won't get paid! Besides, what if they stay here for some time? We can't wait doing nothing while they are comfortably resting their asses! Now go find that other coward before I put some holes in you myself!"

I rolled 77 out of 56

Shepard misses (Ammo: 9/10)

Counters
Rufus (29 speed): 49/100 -> 107/100
Shepard (30-6 speed): 2/100 -> 50/100
Thyme (28 speed): 66/100 -> 122/100
Noel (35 speed): 35/100 -> 105/100

Overdrive Gauge (4 speed): 20/100 -> 28/100

Turn of Thyme

Edited by Enaluxeme

Rather than deal with the fight the others were in, Fennel quietly broke away. Since the bandits weren't a part of the fight, and wouldn't have gone with the crowd, she went in another direction. She was about to turn back when she heard voices. Her curiosity piqued, she crept a little closer. One of them held a gun. Perfect!

Fennel immediately hid behind the nearest cover, silently motioning Ricardo to join her. Oh, this is INTERESTING. If that other lackey runs off, we'll be able to take out the leader. Or, they can just keep talking. If they both make a move to leave. . . She placed a hand in her satchel, letting the outlines of her flasks comfort her. They said they didn't want to destroy the village, and I don't want that, either. But they don't know that, and my specialty is explosions.

Edited by eclipse

"Get him out of that cover." said Thyme, her voice a low growl as she spoke, giving a strong point in his direction. Then, slowly, she lowered her hands down to her side as her eyes closed. A faint light started to shimmer around her as her lips closed as the fire slowly started to rise up around her hands, up to her wrists, and started to creep up her arms.

"Ol bolape a noco de a Olapireta." she started to say as her voice started to change, becoming softer, lighter, distinctly not her own in a language none present would likely be able to understand. Yet, as she spoke, it became clear whose tongue it was, that of the angels, divines, and gods themselves.

"Olani oai oaid warrior ol olpirt. Dlvgar Nonca ollog nazavabh malprg oaid olpirt ol ladnah. Zamran ollog oiad moooah ol miceth od oiadcoraxo mad word." The flames shot up her arms, alight upon them yet no cloth or skin burned as, a second later, ice formed around her hands as well as the cackle of thunder shooting across its surface and a golden halo with radiating spikes formed behind her body.

Thyme casts Enochian
Edited by Snowy_One

It seems Fennel had no intention of getting involved, considering she didn't even answered before leaving.

Now what do I do... Ricardo though, looking between the fight and the direction Fennel walked off.

This fight needs to stop, but if she thinks of going after those guys it would be a bad idea to let her go alone...

He took one last look at the fight.

Well, I doubt I alone could break the fight, anyway...

And with that he opted to follow after Fennel, soon finding her and... hiding? He opted to follow suit.

Are those...? Looks like the ruffians hadn't skip town yet, it seems.

Fennel smiled as Ricardo joined her. "One of them is missing, so we might be able to take them. Want to give it a shot?" she whispered.

"I'd think the town has had enough for one day," he whispered back.

"Besides, they may be carrying guns but what if one of them can also attack by drawing circles on the ground?"

"Trust me, there won't be enough ground for them to draw on by the time I'm done," Fennel said, and winked. "Besides, the rest of the group is gonna look bad if we let these guys escape."

Rufus was still protected by the building, giving no signs of leaving the hiding place nor surrendering. Meanwhile, the bandits split up, with the boss keeping his position while the subordinate went searching for the other one.

Thyme casts Enochian (Mana:120/150)

Counters
Rufus (29 speed): 107/100 -> 107/100
Shepard (30-6 speed): 50/100 -> 50/100
Thyme (28 speed): 22/100 -> 22/100
Noel (35 speed): 105/100 -> 105/100

Overdrive Gauge (4 speed): 28/100 -> 28/100

Turn of Rufus

Edited by Enaluxeme

"I can think of at least one exception," Ricardo said, thinking back on the whole fight that started presicely because they interfered.

He decide to look over, seeing now only one of them.

"Well, there's only one now. If we do something about it, it will be now or never."

From his hiding place, Rufus can see lights with different colors suddenly forming nearby. Peeking, he can see that the girl who threw fireballs has changed, having fire, ice, and thunder appearing and disappearing at several parts of her body. What kind of alchemy is that? Rufus thought. At first Rufus had considered the possibility that she was the famed "Flame Alchemist". Though he quickly abandoned the idea since an Amestris general would have had no business in this village. Whoever she is, travelling with a member of the military would also make her part of the military, most likely a state alchemist. His time at the military has taught Rufus that they're not to be trifled with, even when some appear harmless.

While she hasn't attacked, she's quite obviously preparing something, and unlike a certain less intelligent soldier, Rufus doesn't want to find out what it is.

Rufus casts Narcotic Trance on a senbon, and uses a Seal Throw on Thyme.

"Follow my lead," Fennel said, her giddiness escaping in the form of a girlish giggle. She fished out a vial from her satchel, and smiled when she saw which element she'd taken out. She quickly opened the top, poured in a bit of water, closed it again, shook it a couple of times, and lobbed the now-volatile vial towards the man with the machine gun.

Fennel uses Fire Formula on the bandit boss

They're all so eager to pick up fights, Ricardo thought.

Is this what that being was looking for?

He then saw what Fennel was doing. Though unknown to what exactly she was mixing, the action itself was very reminiscent of that of someone making a Molotov cocktail. He could be wrong and the thing wasn't volatile... but then again...

"What are you...?"

But his words came too late, she had already thrown it.

Oh boy...

"Core mk III..." without waiting for that thing to touch its target, he quickly whispered.

The core was bound to have recharged enough energy at this point.

Ricardo Suits On

With a brief flash of light, the Gundam mk III suit materialized on him.

Differently from his opponents, Rufus knew about the village's houses and structures, enough to throw a needle at Thyme without exposing himself. The senbon did hit the mage, but she didn't fall asleep like before. Perhaps, the higher level of adrenaline prevented her from falling unconscious.

As for Fennel and Ricardo, they decided to attack the lone bandit, who saw some glass thing falling near him...

"What the..."

... before exploding when crushing on the ground.

"WHAT THE HELL!"

I rolled 69 out of 72

Thyme takes 13 points of damage (Thyme HP:77 Rufus Seal Throw uses:9/10)

I rolled 71 out of 60

Thyme doesn't fall asleep

Counters

Rufus (29 speed): 7/100 -> 7/100

Shepard (30-6 speed): 50/100 -> 50/100

Thyme (28 speed): 22/100 -> 22/100

Noel (35 speed): 105/100 -> 105/100

Overdrive Gauge (4 speed): 28/100 -> 28/100

Turn of Noel

Name: bandit boss

Health points: 80

Strenght: 30

Spirit: 5

Defense: 26

Resistance: 23

Speed: 30

Accuracy: +10

I rolled 62 out of 75

Bandit boss takes 16 points of damage (b.b. HP:64/80, Fennel Mana 95/100)

I rolled 40 out of 25

Bandit boss doesn't get on fire

Counters

Fennel (32 speed): 0/100 -> 0/100

Force Gauge (5 speed): 0/100 -> 0/100

Ricardo (34 speed): 100/100 -> 100/100

bandit boss (30 speed): 50/100 -> 50/100

Turn of Ricardo

Edited by Enaluxeme

Having the suit on, Ricardo quickly checked its condition from the last time it was active, as various readings appeared in the visual screens.

Status all normal... looks like deactivation was the only thing that came from leaving Elpis. Good.

He then changed attention from the readings to the outside view. Whatever Fennel threw, it was indeed volatile, but it seems it failed to ignite the guy.

Well, as long she avoids throwing them so close to the buildings.

He then focused back on the bandit.

I should focus on disarming him, that should render him less dangerous. I may not worry much of bullets penetrating the suit, but she doesn't have that luxury.

He grabbed the beam rifle from its holster, and aimed at the bandit's gun-arm, and fired.

Ricardo uses Beam Rifle on Bandit Boss.

Noel, now back to being alert, takes note of Ricardo firing at the bandit boss. This gives her the idea to fire at him herself, essentially pressuring the bandit from two sides. "Type XIII!"

Noel fires a Revolver Blast at the bandit boss

Thyme felt the needles impact her as, once more, the throws of sleep started to seep in. Yet, though it clawed at her mind, she managed to keep her focus throughout. he language of the crystal, the connection to fire, ice, and thunder, all of it remained within her mind. Free of the throws of sleep.

That didn't improve her mood. Were her mind not filled with the crystals tongue Rufas's mind would have been filled with the verbal lashing of a woman utterly aggravated at his attempt to, in her mind, slip her roofies.

Edited by Snowy_One

Rufus kept changing position to avoid being too close to his opponents, using the buildings as fence. As it turns out, the fight ended up moving near the place Fennel attacked the leader of the brigands, so much so that each group could hear the other fighting. With Noel firing at the brigand, the two battles officially became one.

I rolled 79 out of 70
Ricardo misses (Energy:44/50)

I rolled 18 out of 65
Bandit boss takes 10 points of damage (b.b. HP:54/80, Noel Heat:11/30)

Counters
Rufus (29 speed): 7/100 -> 65/100
Shepard (30-6 speed): 50/100 -> 98/100
Thyme (28 speed): 22/100 -> 78/100
Noel (35 speed): 5/100 -> 75/100
Overdrive Gauge (4 speed): 28/100 -> 36/100
Fennel (32 speed): 0/100 -> 64/100
Force Gauge (5 speed): 0/100 -> 10/100
Ricardo (34 speed): 0/100 -> 68/100
bandit boss (30 speed): 50/100 -> 110/100

The bandit leader was about to laugh at Ricardo for missing him, when he got hit in the shoulder by Noe'ls bullet. It somehow failed to pierce him, despite clearly hitting his body.

"That hurts, you bitch! Why don't you try it for yourself!?"

Name: Sub Machine Rampage
Type: Ranged, Physical
Base damage: 5-7
Base accuracy: 85
Cost: 3 Ammo Points
Special effect: hits the same target twice (each hit must be rolled separately).

He retaliated by firing his own weapon against the girl.
I rolled 79 out of 60
I rolled 48 out of 60
Noel takes 18 points of damage (Noel HP:82/100, b.b. Ammo:15/18)

Another pistol shot was then heard, when the two other bandits showed up, with one of them firing at Rufus, hitting him in the leg and angering his boss.

"NOT HIM, YOU MORON! THE OTHER ONES!"

Being closer to him, only Fennel and Ricardo could hear him talk to himself.

"Why do I have to work with such an idiot? He could shoot to litterally everyone else..."

Name: bandit
Health points: 80
Ammo points: 5
Strenght: 28
Spirit: 5
Defense: 22
Resistance: 20
Speed: 28
Accuracy: +10

Name: Pistol Shot
Type: Ranged, Physical
Base damage: 6-9
Base accuracy: 85
Cost: 1 Ammo Point

I rolled 24 out of 36
Rufus takes 21 points of damage (Rufus HP:55/100, b.1 Ammo:4/5)

Counters
Rufus (29 speed): 66/100 -> 94/100
Shepard (30-6 speed): 98/100 -> 122/100
Thyme (28 speed): 78/100 -> 106/100
Noel (35 speed): 75/100 -> 110/100
Overdrive Gauge (4 speed): 36/100 -> 40/100
Fennel (32 speed): 64/100 -> 96/100
Force Gauge (5 speed): 10/100 -> 15/100
Ricardo (34 speed): 68/100 -> 102/100
bandit boss (30 speed): 10/100 -> 40/100
bandit 1 (28 speed): 0/100 -> 28/100
bandit 2 (28 speed): 50/100 -> 78/100

Turn of Shepard

Edited by Enaluxeme

"THAT IS SOOOO COOL!" Fennel yelled, hoping that both Ricardo and Noel could hear her. A split second later, she mentally slapped herself. The bandits don't know that we're from different worlds! "I love seeing a good explosion against the bad guys! LIKE THE BAD GUYS DOWN ON THE GROUND!" Perhaps everyone else would get the hint, and concentrate their efforts on the bandits.

Looks like I have a good opportunity to tip the odds in our favor.Shepard cups his hands where he thinks the old wizard is. "It seems my friends have shifted their focus. It would be in our best interest to do the same. Are you ready to stand up to oppression? If not... well, I'll just have to ignore you. Can't say the same for my associate, however."

Shepard runs from Rufus and fires a gunshot at Bandit 1.

Edited by Feldmarschall Rommel