Pokemon GO is OUT!

Alex95

Pokestops spawn on landmarks and other relevant GPS locations.

If it's anything, Ana's school might not have the buildings and facilities that generate then.

University of Nevada Las Vegas, I'd bet, has a lot of Pokestops from all the statues and things like the globes that donors have their name on.

Considering yours is a major engineering university, yeah that's why you'd have a lot of facilities the game would detect.

I thought a lot of the pokestops/gyms was user-submitted stuff to Ingress, and I mean some of our pokestops was like

"the computer science building itself"

"some frat rock"

"the pond"

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wat. I live right next to a university too! And I'd say it's kinda big. Why aren't there that many pokestops here? :( I only saw a total of three and I think ONE was at the place. :(

There are a lot of old Olympic Facilites on campus, so that adds a lot.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that might explain it.

Well, I'm currently traveling, so I've caught some more! I got my first evolved Pokemon in Raticate and Pidgeotto. And I haven't gotten a Pidgey yet. XD I also got a Pinsir, which was a nice find. Scyther was shown to be nearby a couple times as well, but I never found it.

I've yet to figure out exactly where to go to find nearby Pokemon that don't show up on the map right away...

And sadly, the game won't use my camera, so it won't show the Pokemon in the real world. -_-

Edited by Anacybele

University of Hawaii has a bunch of stops. You have to go into the university itself to find them, though.

SO. . .took over my first gym, helped to fortify another one, caught a Rhyhorn, finished the Eeveelutions, and now need to strengthen everyone so that I can have a half-respectable team. This will take a while.

The amount of Stardust I have is represented by five digits. I'm running out of balls.

Detoured to another shopping mall, and caught a strong Eevee and stronger Golbat. That Eevee is going to be a terror once it evolves. I'm out of balls because it took that long to catch the Golbat, but it was worth it (695 base).

Most of the Pokemon I got are 13-14 CP. I just learned that's combat power. A few of mine look to be pretty powerful, the strongest being Raticate at 101 CP. Then an Eevee at 76, a Goldeen at 63, and Krabby at 54.

The game keeps being unable to find my location at random times though. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

I have a Pidgey at 145. That's pretty low, actually. And I've seen people hit 1000 with their Pokemon. There's a gym with an exeggutor across the street that has 1200 CP.

Also, yay. The game completely crashed for me.

...Oh. I didn't know they could be that strong. Seems unfair. I'm not finding Pokemon anywhere near those levels. It would be impossible to use them in battle. :/

I may or may not get it, I don't leave home that much so I don't think I would find too many pokemon. I just hope that there aren't that many around my house because I live off a dirt road and the people who walk by are very rude and have caused my family some major problems, the last thing I need is a bunch of rude people going by my house at all times of day or going on to my families fields without permission. But I am glad people are having fun, just make sure that you know where you are and that there other people where you are at all times while you are out.

...Oh. I didn't know they could be that strong. Seems unfair. I'm not finding Pokemon anywhere near those levels. It would be impossible to use them in battle. :/

The key idea is that you keep your Pokemon until you find something stronger and then transfer the weaker one over-I found a 145 Pidgey, so that Pidgey is something I'm training right now by using some saved up Pidgey Candy and that Stardust. My plan is to hopefully max out its stats as much as I can, and then evolve it, do the same for Pidgeotto, and then finally evolve it to Pidgeot.

Edited by Dai

Save Pidgeys, Weedles, and their candies (and whatever other Pokemon you can catch/evolve en masse). When you get a lucky egg, activate it and evolve all your Pokemon within 30 minutes, so you earn 1000 exp per evolution instead of 500 as the lucky egg doubles all exp gained whilst it's active. Pidgeys and Weedles use only 12 candy per evolution, so it's a good way to powerlevel. I went from level 10 to level 12 using just one lucky egg.

Save your dust, don't waste them on powering up Pokemon at lower levels.

Edited by Raven

Won't help me now, because I'm not playing it anymore. I accidentally logged out, and I can't get back in because it can't authenticate my Pokemon Trainer Club account info anymore. If I can't even log into the game to play it because of issues, it's unplayable trash. I'm sorry. Highly considering deleting it.

Edited by Anacybele

Just give it time. I'm told the game crashed for everyone today, and I couldn't even log back in because it wouldn't load for me or find my account. Managed to log back in s minute ago.

Well, this is now out in pretty much all European countries, Finland included.

I emptied battery while trying to get a name.

I'll catch them all some other time.

I saw this in the morning on serebii. Glad pretty much all of Europe has legitimate access to it. I hope South America is the next on the list!

Just give it time. I'm told the game crashed for everyone today, and I couldn't even log back in because it wouldn't load for me or find my account. Managed to log back in s minute ago.

I've given it lots of time. I just tried again, I still can't log in.

Servers have been noted (by the fans and developers) to have LOTS of problems. So don't get upset when you can't log in. Just... yeah.

Won't help me now, because I'm not playing it anymore. I accidentally logged out, and I can't get back in because it can't authenticate my Pokemon Trainer Club account info anymore. If I can't even log into the game to play it because of issues, it's unplayable trash. I'm sorry. Highly considering deleting it.

My father deleted it from his phone cause it was buggy and the GPS wasn't syncing right, so I wouldn't blame ya'.

Honestly, despite how big of a success this is, it might be best to wait it out until they get all the bugs and updates figured out...