Pokemon GO is OUT!

Alex95

Weedles also work for evolution, though a Pidgeotto is a lot more usable than a Kakuna!

Found a random Diglett today. In a cemetery. I have mixed feelings about that.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally capped out on pokemon, took me 15 minutes to realize why no pokemon were appearing and wrote it off as the servers crashing. I candied so many drowzee's that I could evolve the highest CP one + half way to another.

Got a squirtle in a 2km egg, I thought I read somewhere they were only in 10k eggs. Got Pinsir out of my first 10k egg though, which was cool, and found a porygon fittingly at the university IT building.

Egg list

Yes you can get a shitty Onix from a 10k egg, pray you don't get this.

My first 10km egg gave me Eevee, which is currently my strongest Poke as a CP 999 Vaporeon.

The next 2 gave me Omanytes, and I kept the strongest one which is currently CP 379 and named it Lord Helix. I'm now 2 Candies away from an Omastar.

The local ditch (technically a river) has a lot of sea pokemon like Horsea and Seel, to my great amusement.

So today I learnt this (technically a river) ditch also has Dratini... Was walking my dog so couldn't do extensive search for it though.

Said dog led me to CP 165 Eevee and 197 Growlithe so no hard feelings though lol

Those two and CP 167 Oddish are currently my strongest trio. After them there's 2 rows of Drowzees around cp 100...

I have no idea if these numbers are actually strong though.

What is this about Pidgeys being common though? I've hardly seen any.

Found a random Diglett today. In a cemetery. I have mixed feelings about that.

That's pretty morbid.

it opens

it looks for the gps

it does not find it immediately

it claims that the gps is not found

the gps location sets

it does not check if the gps is working

Oh yeah a couple days ago this was fixed for one of two reasons;

A) installing ActiveGPS - this Android (idk if IOS) third-party app that just makes the GPS run in the background. Googlemaps didn't work for this alone, it seems to shelve the location when not in focus.

B) magic???

so yeah either try something that sets your GPS to always be active, or just... wait for it to fix itself.

Living in semi-rural suburbs ('my local pokestop is a skate ramp and i ran out of my way back from the shops in order to not successfully find a zubat') and working in the city ('i caught four pokemon and hit three pokestops in one minute without moving from my seat') is, uh, it's a really stark difference. A+++ game though, go (eventually) valour

This is worth mentioning.

Game-maker Niantic has postponed today’s scheduled launch of Pokémon Go in Japan following an email leak.

Yesterday we reported that the game was due to go live in Japan today (Wednesday), but the companies behind Pokémon Go have canceled that plan, a source close to the launch told TechCrunch. One major reason for that change of heart is that internal communication from McDonalds Japan, the game’s sponsor, detailing the launch made its way to internet forums (including 2ch, “Japan’s Reddit”) and photo site Imgur.[...].

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/19/pokemon-go-launch-in-japan-postponed-after-email-leak/

https://pokevision.com

This website uses Niantic's API to show you where all the Pokemon are in an area, in real time. Including their despawn time.

I think use of this app is justified considering the 3-step bug that's currently going on.

Edit: It just went offline a few minutes after I posted this. Could be the C&D or it got overloaded.

Edited by Raven

That link doesn't load for me...

On another note, I got a Bulbasaur a day after the one I missed! I also got a Ponyta at last! I really wanted one. :D Oh yeah, I got both Nidoran as well.

Edited by Anacybele

There are like, almost no Pidgeys here. I haven't even seen a Rattata in my nearby list at all. Mostly just Drowzee and Zubat. I already have 35 Drowzee candy and it's not slowing down.

I think Hypno is at least a decent Pokemon. I'm 2 Drowzee captures away from getting a Hypno. Got a nice fat CP359 Drowzee ready to evolve.

Is there a way to get Poke balls without having to buy coins? Speaking of which is anyone else's shop not working?

Pokestops give balls (and other items, but most often balls) and reset every 5 minutes or so.

Hit level fifteen today, which is nice. Still kind of lacking in any good Pokemon at the moment. My best is still Snorlax. I'm not really getting lucky with the rare captures.

I've caught 31 and seen 32 (the one I missed being Staryu).

Just got another Squirtle at last. :D I'd needed to find more because all this time I was stuck with just one Squirtle and just three candies for it. Needz candies to evolve later.

Good news for people in Japan!

Pokémon GO

The International rollout for Pokémon GO has restarted with the release of the game on iOS and Android in Pokémon GO is now live in Japan! With this, it has been confirmed that in a promotion with the fast food restaurant, McDonalds, 400 of their restaurants in Japan are gyms while 2,500 are to be PokéStops The rollout is continuing but we don't know what will be released and when but the moment that news on that comes, it shall be posted here. Be sure to check our section for the full details of this game, which are still being added to.

Source: http://serebii.net

Been getting pretty lucky with some of the stuff popping up nearby. Found a Squirtle, a Pinsir, an Eevee, and a Staryu.

Bruh. Dratini and Dragonair? I'm so jealous.

Edit: Been rollin' in a lot of crazy Pokemon in my complex. Just caught a freakin' Magmar, for starters.

Double Edit: Holy cow. There was a 972 CP Flareon in my bedroom.

Edited by Dai