Pokemon GO is OUT!

Alex95

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I just saw this on Bulbagarden! It's apparently info revealed at a Comic Con for Go.

• They’re working on a trading function, but want to make sure the servers will hold up first. Trading is their #1 priority right now along with rolling out the game to more countries.
  • Legendary Pokemon and Pokemon from other generations will make their way into our world over the next several months and years. The game will be updated for years to come to keep Pokemon fans interested and playing. So far, they’ve only implemented a tenth of the features they have planned. “This is only the beginning.”
  • Pokemon Centers will be added in the future. They will eventually add customization options to PokeStops, which will encourage players to visit different ones. Breeding in the game isn’t being worked on right now, but there’s been discussions about it.
  • Niantic stated they consider this Pokemon’s official MMO (massive multiplayer online game). Pokemon fans have been asking for one for many years, and I guess this was the answer!
  • The Eevee name hack has officially been confirmed by Niantic. Before evolving an Eevee, you can rename it to Rainer, Sparky, or Pyro to yield Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon.
  • Team Captains Blanche, Candela, and Spark were officially revealed after only being seen as silhouettes before. Niantic hinted that the artwork wasn’t ready in time for the game’s launch. The three will have more involvement in future updates to the game.
  • There were rumors before the panel began that players would be able to capture a Legendary Pokemon at Comic-Con, but that did not happen. They still consider the game brand new, so we probably won’t see Legendary Pokemon for many months.

Pokemon Centers! Customizing Pokestops! And only a TENTH of the features they plan to add have been added? Wow! This is exciting. ^^

Btw guys, notice anything familiar about the art for the team leaders? I did! Then I discovered it was by Kozaki! Our own FE artist. :)

Edited by Anacybele

We going MMORPG longevity here, ladies and gentlemen.

Gotta have everyone's least favourite types of curves, the exponential ones.

Guys, I just saw this on Bulbagarden! It's apparently info revealed at a Comic Con for Go.

Pokemon Centers! Customizing Pokestops! And only a TENTH of the features they plan to add have been added? Wow! This is exciting. ^^

Btw guys, notice anything familiar about the art for the team leaders? I did! Then I discovered it was by Kozaki! Our own FE artist. :)

Owain sure seems to be able to find his way in everything, judging from Spark's appearance.

Owain sure seems to be able to find his way in everything, judging from Spark's appearance.

Damn straight! :P:

I just hit level 20. As soon as I get to a freshly-lured Pokestop, it's mass evolution time~!

When you're stuck in work and you see a Scyther on the radar, refresh the game and it's still there. PokeVision is being shit and this fucking 3 step glitch is still not fixed.

Maybe another time eh.

So to expand on this, I just had a 800+ CP Scyther hatch from a 10km egg yesterday. I'm satisfied.

Just hit level 17. Suburban life ftw. The advantage city-dwellers have over everyone else who doesn't live and get to spend considerable amounts of time in the city is just a piss-take, to be honest.

Also, Valour for life. Red or dead.

Over the past few days, everyone's gotten crazy strong around here. Seems every gym has at least one pokemon with almost 2000 cp, while i'm stuck with my Vaporeon with just barely 1000. I'm not sure why all the pokemon I catch still have cp around 50-130, considering i'm level 18.

I've reached lv. 10! Double digits at last! ^^

I also got Clefairy and Fearow earlier, the latter by evolving a Spearow. So now I've gotten 42 Pokemon and seen 44. A stinking Magikarp ran from me the other day! How does a Magikarp run away when it's a weak floppy fish? xP That was kind of embarrassing.

Edited by Anacybele

You have a Clefairy? Lucky. I can't get anything for about a week 'cuz I'm out of data. I mean, I could get lucky around my house, but that's a tall order.

Really? Is Clefairy pretty rare?

Though I do live right next to a university and I heard that Fairy types are common there or something... I also got a Jigglypuff around here. I guess it's true, though it was the first time I ever saw them in my past two weeks of playing.

Edited by Anacybele

From Serebii:

Over the last day, Pokémon GO has undergone a few Server Side updates which have altered a variety of factors. Firstly, there are multiple reports that some PokéStops and gyms have been removed. Next, various Pokémon spawns, places where many Pokémon were more prevelant, have been altered so, for example, if you found an Onix common in one area, you'd now find Doduo. However, most notably, the move damage inflicted has been altered. Many moves have been boosted and some have been nerfed somewhat.

I've yet to notice most of these changes (though my usual Growlithe area had almost no Growlithes today, but no new pokemon in the area...). However, what I have noticed is that in my surrounding area, almost all the roads on the map have disappeared. Only the ones meant for cars remain, any pedestrian/bicycle roads are gone.

In their place, light blue boxes that represent buildings have appeared... In some places. It all seems kind of random, one residential distrcit has all the houses in it on the map, the neighbouring one has 0. And then some big building complexes like the local school are not there.

I don't find many Zubat, but Pidgey and Rattata, yeah... Kind of annoying.

I caught a Weepinbell the other day and it's the strongest thing I've found in the wild now! Yayz. Also finally evolved a Kakuna to Beedrill!

I'd like to see shiny Pokemon in the game eventually. That'd make hunting even more interesting!

Edited by Anacybele

2 days have passed since my last post and I'm still level 17. Yay.

Anyway, my 'dex is sitting on 51 caught, 53 seen. Parasect and Poliwhirl both avoided capture thanks to the game crashing as they were in the ball and needing to be restarted in both instances. They disappeared from the map afterwards.

Yesterday I had another 10km egg hatch and a CP935 Pinsir popped out of it, even stronger than the CP870 Scyther that hatched 2 days ago. Just today I was getting ready to walk the dog when I checked the radar to see there was a Vaporeon... somewhere... nearby (thanks 3 step bug). I already have Vaporeon, but another one is never a bad thing. A quick check on pokevision.com told me where it was and that I had 4 minutes before it disappeared, so I bolted it with the dog, found and caught it. Mosquito bites be damned, I netted a CP861 Vaporeon with 71%-73% perfect IVs.

DRATINI OMFG.

DRATINI.

FROM MY ONE AND ONLY EVER 10 KM EGG. APPARENTLY DRATINI NESTS/SPAWNS GOT REMOVED IN THE LATEST UPDATE FOR WHO KNOWS WHY WHICH MEANS IT CAN'T BE CAUGHT IN THE WILD SO I JUST GOT ONE OF THE RAREST POKEMON OMFG.

they removed dratini spawns? i suppose it's somewhat understandable with all these dragonites running around, a pokemon considered rare and hard to get in the main games.

a shame i didn't get one when they were spawning.

currently all 9 egg slots are filled with 5km eggs. considering that the list of pokemon you can get from 5km eggs is so huge, it's unlikely i'll get anything i really want from them. why are we not allowed to dispose of eggs in some way yet.

I almost had a Vulpix but it ran away from me ;o;

Oh, and I'm at level 9 now, and I'm at 31/32 on Pokemon. I had a perfect record before Vulpix ran away ;-;

And I haven't gotten any eggs so far, though that's mainly due to living in a high traffic street and having no super close Pokestops around :<

they removed dratini spawns? i suppose it's somewhat understandable with all these dragonites running around, a pokemon considered rare and hard to get in the main games.

a shame i didn't get one when they were spawning.

currently all 9 egg slots are filled with 5km eggs. considering that the list of pokemon you can get from 5km eggs is so huge, it's unlikely i'll get anything i really want from them. why are we not allowed to dispose of eggs in some way yet.

Yeah, from what I heard, the recent update removed Dratini nests, meaning where they commonly pop up, which sounds like you really can't find them anymore.

I'm getting close to lv. 11 now. I'll try to hatch more eggs tomorrow since I really don't plan on going anywhere otherwise, so I won't really be able to catch much or hit Pokestops. I've visited four Pokestops that I can easily walk to tho. But they're still walks I wouldn't do often, especially when it's real hot.

Edited by Anacybele

So I found out that they updated...and that they removed footprints from Pokemon. Mmhmm. Okay. So...they can't FIX the footprint tracker...so NOW how the hell are you supposed to find the Pokemon?

A new update with various small changes

- avatars can be customized in profile

- some damage values of moves changed

- "certain" gym animations refined

- improved memory issues

- footprints removed from nearby pokemon

- adjusted damage calculations

- bug fixes for wild pokemon encounters

- Pokemon details UI updated

- achievement medal art updated

- certain map elements fixed

- minor text fixes

Quick thoughts:

- not interested in customization unless we get more and better options for it to be honest

- maybe my roads are back

So I found out that they updated...and that they removed footprints from Pokemon. Mmhmm. Okay. So...they can't FIX the footprint tracker...so NOW how the hell are you supposed to find the Pokemon?

I was wondering about that, did "nearby" in the update notes mean all pokemon you can see?

This won't change anything though, it makes no difference if a pokemon is dislpayed to you at 3 footprints or 0...

Edited by Sylphid

A new update with various small changes

- avatars can be customized in profile

- some damage values of moves changed

- "certain" gym animations refined

- improved memory issues

- footprints removed from nearby pokemon

- adjusted damage calculations

- bug fixes for wild pokemon encounters

- Pokemon details UI updated

- achievement medal art updated

- certain map elements fixed

- minor text fixes

Quick thoughts:

- not interested in customization unless we get more and better options for it to be honest

- maybe my roads are back

I was wondering about that, did "nearby" in the update notes mean all pokemon you can see?

This won't change anything though, it makes no difference if a pokemon is dislpayed to you at 3 footprints or 0...

The footprint tracker was at least helpful enough for me. It helped me find a lot of Pokemon that I was looking for-like a Lickitung that was unfortunately in a neighbor's backyard. =<

I was able to get curve poke ball throws dead center to get "Great!" throws a lot easier on the old one. Now, the curveball is a lot more sensitive. Urgh.

Same, previously I was getting curveballs without even realising it!