Pokemon GO is OUT!

Alex95

I find myself always low on pokeballs. For every 2-3 I get per stop I find 1-2 pokemon while walking to the next which leaves me at net loss in the end.

Granted, I'm not staying at one stop for very long (combining my pokemon walks with walking the dog does that) so that might be part of the issue.

I did get to level 12 today though, so maybe getting great balls unlocked will help me a bit.

EDIT: to anyone complaining about getting Eevees from eggs, I wish I could take these Eevee eggs off your hands. Only one I've got this far hatched from an egg

Edited by Sylphid

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find myself always low on pokeballs. For every 2-3 I get per stop I find 1-2 pokemon while walking to the next which leaves me at net loss in the end.

Granted, I'm not staying at one stop for very long (combining my pokemon walks with walking the dog does that) so that might be part of the issue.

I did get to level 12 today though, so maybe getting great balls unlocked will help me a bit.

EDIT: to anyone complaining about getting Eevees from eggs, I wish I could take these Eevee eggs off your hands. Only one I've got this far hatched from an egg

Find an area with a high density of Pokestops, and walk there. Another option is to hop in a car, and hit as many Pokestops as possible.

I said I needed Staryu earlier and guess who just popped up on my screen? A Staryu! lol I caught it and now I've gotten 50 different Pokemon! Yayz!

Edited by Anacybele

Find an area with a high density of Pokestops, and walk there. Another option is to hop in a car, and hit as many Pokestops as possible.

This is actually what I usually do, a playing ground near my usual dog walking route has 6 pokestops and 5 more in a fairly close vicinity.

It's kind of far from my house though so I usually only visit it with my dog, and the little rascal doesn't like staying at one place for a very long time. And I usually see enough pokemon to spend all the balls I pick up on the way to and from the playing ground.

(I'm fully aware this problem is something I've created for myself since I could just take a walk without my dog to allow myself stay for longer, or not catch everything I come across)

Hit Level 20, wooo~

I also took down my first Gym over the weekend. :D I've never done any Go battling, but my husband and I were hanging out at a local park and I thought I'd give it a go. The biggest problem I had was that I tend to toss away recovery items (since I'm more into collecting than battling, I'd rather have more balls than potions, and my bag is often full), so I had a bunch of Pokémon knocked out and weak afterward. But it was fun, and I held the Gym the whole time we were there, though when I checked later back home, someone else had retaken it.

I hatched a Ponyta egg yesterday that gave me my first Fire-type, and I caught my first Exeggute on the way home from shopping the other day. So, my Dex is up to 54/56, not too bad. I'm also 349 candies on my way to evolving my SECOND Gyarados, because I don't know what I'm going to do with all these Magikarp candies otherwise. >_>

Attention, guys! The game's been updated again and you'll be prompted to update it when booting it up. Here's what's different:

- Nearby window is now Sightings window
- Nice, Great, and Excellent throw bug fixed so they give proper exp
- Battery saver mode is back
- You can change your nickname, but only once

EDIT: I couldn't test out the Sightings window at the time of the post because no Pokemon were appearing there, but later on, I noticed that the pictures of the Pokemon in the window have grassy backdrops behind them. This is kinda neat! Also, it seems that the only Pokemon that show up are the ones that are pretty close to you, because they disappeared from the window after a short time. Still can't track though, sadly. But I think it's better than what we had when the footprints got removed.

There's also a window that comes up periodically if you're in a moving vehicle telling you that you're going too fast and shouldn't be playing while driving. I understand this, but it's a bit annoying. Oh well... Maybe it'll stop people from blaming the game for any car accidents and start blaming the people who were being dumb.

I just evolved a Zubat to Golbat and reached lv. 12 and now I can get Great Balls, yesss.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh I'm 3km into my first 10km, myself~!

ALSO I SPOTTED A VULPIX NEARBY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER YESTERDAY

never came across her ;~;

just gonna keep chugging along these 5km eggs.....

Edited by Freohr Datia

I still haven't gotten another 10 km egg myself. My Dratini is still the only one I ever got. xP

Speaking of which, a Dragonair appeared on my radar on the way home from my trip, but of course, it didn't show up... DX

I got a lot of new Pokemon during my trip over the last week though! Pittsburgh and other places up north had a lot of some that I never saw at all here in NC. I managed to catch:

Pikachu

Scyther

Drowzee

Seel

Shellder

Slowpoke

Rhyhorn

Tauros

Gastly

I also hatched:

Magnemite

Tangela

Machop

And I evolved:

Metapod to Butterfree

Paras to Parasect

Female Nidoran to Nidorina

Abra to Kadabra

I have almost enough candies to evolve my Nidorino to Nidoking too, and I finally have a Pokemon with over 1000 CP, that being my Flareon. :3 I'm working on getting my Vaporeon up there next.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm also lv. 15 now. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I also have my 10km egg on the way! I hope it hatches into something cool!

A 5km egg hatched and it was an Oddish with Moonblast! Pretty awesome. But I evolved it into Gloom and learned Acid and Sludge Bomb, nooooeezz.

I recently evolved a Nidoran♡ into Nidorina and beat 1.5K CP Nidoking at a Gym whoo! Yet, I'm lv. 11

The first two 10km eggs I got were a Kabigon(snorlax) and a Kairos(Pinsir).

ah yes thank you for the clarification i would never have known the transliterated names of these obscure pokemon had you not provided the original nihongo

Yeah, you might as well just use English names only, SOC. I wouldn't have known which Pokemon you were talking about either, so it looks like you'll have to provide English names anyway whether you use Japanese ones or not...

Hey guys, my town held a Pokemon GO event last night and it was really fun! It was a scavenger hunt where you had to get a map of the area stamped by some of the Pokestops and then bring it back to the location of where it started. Then there was a drawing for prizes. I didn't win, but I wouldn't have wanted any of the prizes anyway except for the Team Mystic bag. :P (since that's my team)

The crowd cheered the loudest when the bag was shown though! Go Mystic! :D

This guy also joked about my Flareon hat that I was wearing. He said "hey guys, there's a Flareon in here." And I was like "really? It's not on my radar or game map" and he said "yeah, it's you." And I said "OH! Haha, good one!" XD

I also evolved an Exeggcute and Bulbasaur. I have three Pokemon over 1000 CP now too, Flareon, Vaporeon, and Exeggutor.

Edited by Anacybele

I made a Pokemon GO joke so bad that my friend facepalmed every time I repeated it.

My friend: I keep on running into Paras!

Me: It's the Paras-ocalypse!

My friend: *facepalms*

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a Samsung J3 phone from AT&T today along with other Samsung products to trade the old Cell Phone and I managed to download Pokemon GO (along with Miitomo) in my new phone so that I can use Pokemon GO without borrowing my mom's iPad and avoid tiring my left hand to lift it.

I managed to catch 4 Pikachus & 2 Squirtles at a Boat Harbor in California and a Jigglypuff at Barnes & Noble in a few weeks ago. And I just got up to Level 13 right now and cleared a easy Pokemon Gym at a Park.

Also, I was looking for those Pokemon GO Plus devices for mileage and PokeStops, I don't see it at in the AT&T store that I bought my new Samsung phone, do they sell it at Best Buy, GameStop, or do they have it in the other electronic stores?

Edited by King Marth 64