Pokemon GO is OUT!

Alex95

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shopping malls hold all sorts of goodies. Like two Pokestops and a gym right next to each other. Watching the gym change colors every few minutes was amusing. So was catching a bajillion things thanks to the continuous lures.

On my way home from work, I had my nearly-dead phone out, since bus rides are a cheap way of netting steps. I got to show a couple of kids what the various PokeStops looked like, and mom was grateful for the help. Maybe she'll get it on her phone so her kids can play~! Normally, I don't talk to people, but this game is opening up all sorts of conversation starters!

Shopping malls hold all sorts of goodies. Like two Pokestops and a gym right next to each other. Watching the gym change colors every few minutes was amusing. So was catching a bajillion things thanks to the continuous lures.

On my way home from work, I had my nearly-dead phone out, since bus rides are a cheap way of netting steps. I got to show a couple of kids what the various PokeStops looked like, and mom was grateful for the help. Maybe she'll get it on her phone so her kids can play~! Normally, I don't talk to people, but this game is opening up all sorts of conversation starters!

yeah its been fun meeting people with it, I just wish there were more areas with abundant pokestops in the suburbs that I'd be likely to find people at. Most of the ones are few and far between, As for the battery proble, I bought a portable phone charger for 4.88 at Walmart that can charge my dead phone to ~100%, which is a pretty good option if yours dies a lot

To be fair, my phone was on Battery Saver the entire day. It was a miracle that it even had a charge in the first place!

EDIT: Tonight's expedition was cut short due to rain. Snagged a Venomoth out of it, though.

Edited by eclipse

Went to spend half an hour at the nearby PokeSpot to replenish my PokeBalls. I caught a Tauros! Almost caught a Lickitung on the way home, but it's in an area I can't go.

Explored a bit outside of my normal stomping grounds. Got a Kadabra for my troubles, and nearly wiped out my Pokeball stock. I blame the Zubats.

To be fair, my phone was on Battery Saver the entire day. It was a miracle that it even had a charge in the first place!

EDIT: Tonight's expedition was cut short due to rain. Snagged a Venomoth out of it, though.

Wait, how many hours did it drain all the battery power on your device while using Pokemon GO? I did heard someone mentioned it does drained alot of power.

Wait, how many hours did it drain all the battery power on your device while using Pokemon GO? I did heard someone mentioned it does drained alot of power.

I want to say it was close to six hours. Most of it was in battery saver mode.

Got to see what happens in a gym battle tonight. My Vaporeon's chilling out in there, though I think it'll be back in my inventory come tomorrow. I really need to level, but once again, I'm out of balls (it was a feeding frenzy a few blocks away, and I couldn't resist catching everything).

If you're the only one, then maybe. But when everyone's doing it, it's cool.

Would post an update, but was sick, so stuck at home. Gotta catch 'em all when I wake up~!

I had to come a bit late to the party (due to not prioritizing Go as well as needing a phone upgrade. My old phone wasn't compatible with it), but I finally got started today! Got Squirtle as my starter and then got a Bellsprout and Rattata.

I can't really search for much here though. No notable water sources, and Pokestops are really far. Not within walking distance at all. And I can't drive... And I get motion sickness in cars and buses too.

When this first came out I was like "nah, it won't be that popular I won't bother" but I got it a few days ago. Thankfully I live right next to a pretty big university, so there are like 20+ pokestops within 3k of my house, which is pretty great. I think i've caught about 100 Drowzee's so far, I wish pidgey's were more common in my area so I could level up faster. Caught a Hitmonlee at work today though, so that's something.

man i sure would like it if the app wasn't too fucking stupid to sense my GPS, which is FUCKING WORKING.

it opens

it looks for the gps

it does not find it immediately

it claims that the gps is not found

the gps location sets

it does not check if the gps is working

yes, i have reinstalled the app, i have maps running in the background, i have restarted the phone, the phone is new, i have tried every fix on the internet i find, mostly i'm just praying they patch this issue that i seem to be the only one in

the entire

fucking

world

to be having

lol

There's two pokestops right next to eachother up on the hill right near my house, which is fantastic. I've caught some pretty cool stuff so far, my current best pokemon is a Pidgeot with 309 CP and I thought I was a badass until I tried to take on a gym and got destroyed by a Pinsir with 1000+ cp. Last night at 10 PM someone put out two lures on two pokestops literally right across the street from eachother (not the two on the hill) which was pretty odd. Pretty fun game, gets me off the couch which is good.

Edited by kantoorfarina

My office has 2 gyms and a pokestop near it so we have constant battles over dominance in the office

Also went out to lunch where there's a lot of pokemon today, got a dratini

Fucking high CP pikachu decided to elude me though, asshole

My office has 2 gyms and a pokestop near it so we have constant battles over dominance in the office

Also went out to lunch where there's a lot of pokemon today, got a dratini

Fucking high CP pikachu decided to elude me though, asshole

My office says "Use phones outdoors and you get busted by the government".

Pikachus are pretty rare in my area. Swarmed by Rattatas and Pidgeys though. Do I live in Masara/Pallet?

When this first came out I was like "nah, it won't be that popular I won't bother" but I got it a few days ago. Thankfully I live right next to a pretty big university, so there are like 20+ pokestops within 3k of my house

Wat. I live right next to a university too! And I'd say it's kinda big. Why aren't there that many pokestops here? :( I only saw a total of three and I think ONE was at the place. :(

Edited by Anacybele

I work near a university (the one I graduated from, that is) and there's a shitton of pokemon stops there

but we're a science and research school with a strong computer science program if that's anything relevant

I work near a university (the one I graduated from, that is) and there's a shitton of pokemon stops there

but we're a science and research school with a strong computer science program if that's anything relevant

Pokestops spawn on landmarks and other relevant GPS locations.

If it's anything, Ana's school might not have the buildings and facilities that generate then.

University of Nevada Las Vegas, I'd bet, has a lot of Pokestops from all the statues and things like the globes that donors have their name on.

Considering yours is a major engineering university, yeah that's why you'd have a lot of facilities the game would detect.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Meanwhile in Canada, the game is not even out so we have to play on the Australian server and the game is very buggy.

However, it's quite funny to watch my friends running around, searching for Pokémons xD.