do mods get laid

Ansem

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once friends with someone who was a mod on a different(and much more active) forum, and they got some money for it, but that was actively kept quiet.

I doubt SF mods get compensated, though. Hell I doubt this site generates enough income to pay for the hosting and bandwidth.

I was once friends with someone who was a mod on a different(and much more active) forum, and they got some money for it, but that was actively kept quiet.

I doubt SF mods get compensated, though. Hell I doubt this site generates enough income to pay for the hosting and bandwidth.

A few years ago I remember tang saying Vincent was making a few hundred bucks. I don't know if he's just a squatter and jyo pays the rent tho.

I get payment in the fact that I have a fancy "Press Badge" I can wave at cons. That's about it.

if they got paid dont you think theyd be better at their jobs?

Savage

People that take part in our productions get paid (like our upcoming podcast will hopefully allow us to for example), moderators don't.

You're greatly underestimating SF's traffic lol. We're both a forum and a website, the website gets a lot of traffic as well. We make enough to support them both and then some purely off of ad revenue. The profit is saved up to pay for future expenses like server upgrades so we don't have to ask for donations in an emergency, such as when we had our first popularity boom at Awakening's launch and weren't prepared. The community's never been opposed to giving back though: that time we DID need donations, we raised several hundred dollars in under a day.

A few years ago I remember tang saying Vincent was making a few hundred bucks. I don't know if he's just a squatter and jyo pays the rent tho.

I don't remember ever commenting on something like that, and definitely do not remember giving out figures lol. Jyo pays server expenses because he's the one hosting it, but Vincent owns a majority of the content on the site.

Edited by Tangerine

People that take part in our productions get paid (like our upcoming podcast will hopefully allow us to for example), moderators don't.

You're greatly underestimating SF's traffic lol. We're both a forum and a website, the website gets a lot of traffic as well. We make enough to support them both and then some purely off of ad revenue. The profit is saved up to pay for future expenses like server upgrades so we don't have to ask for donations in an emergency, such as when we had our first popularity boom at Awakening's launch and weren't prepared. The community's never been opposed to giving back though: that time we DID need donations, we raised several hundred dollars in under a day.

I don't remember ever commenting on something like that, and definitely do not remember giving out figures lol. Jyo pays server expenses because he's the one hosting it, but Vincent owns a majority of the content on the site.

i remember when you were fun and shitposted like the rest of us

now you're all serious and police like

what the fuck did they do to you