Best Deals You Ever Got On a Game?

Original Alear

What's the best bang for your buck you ever got on a game? Or some of the best deals?

Just to clarify, it's based on whatever you think is most important. If you got a game for way less than the standard price, if you got a game and its value went up substantially after you purchased it, if you got the longest gaming time out of a game or got the most satisfaction, whatever: just go by what's best for you.

Mine:

-Not my purchase, but my brother bought earthbound for the SNES for $8 at a funco land (now a gamestop). I suspect it's value might have dropped due to rereleases etc, but at least at one point this game was very expensive.

-We got suikoden I and II for $30 each. Again, I'm not sure if value has fallen more recently, but at one time I believe they were selling for over $150.

-I paid $10 for FTL and have played it for slightly over 100 hours.

-I paid $11-$12 for Ys Origin and have played it for 163 hours.

-I probably got wciii for something like $30 and have probably played it for more than 200 hours (haven't played in a long time).

I've gotten steam discounts and other stuff for good games very cheaply, but the last three are some games I really like and didn't pay that much for.

Edited by PP UP

my parents bought me diablo 2 and I've played it for like over 10,000 hours over 16 years.

that's value if I ever saw it, and I didn't even have to pay anything. but I assume that's cheating

Killing Floor I got for like £5 and played like 122 hours. Dark Souls 1 about the same and like 400 hours.

Edited by Tryhard

When I was lad at gamestop about 10 or so years ago, this group of people before me traded $20(I think) worth of store credit, then walked out for some reason, presumably to get something, then I picked up Samurai Warriors ready to pay for it, then the guy used the previous people's store credit for my game, so I essentially got a $20 game for free.

And then I ended up playing SW religiously.

Edited by Soledai

Used, through Amazon -

$0.50 Link's Crossbow Training

$20 Kirby's Epic Yarn

$20 Okami

Used, through Gamestop -

$3 Steel Divers

$5 Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

$5 NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

Xbox Live Arcade?

$10 Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury

$20 Path of Radience in a Kmart Bargin bin

$3 Conqer's Bad Furday at a flea market

FREE MegaMan X3 I found cleaning a storage bin

$90 for my retail Thracia 776

$3 Super Metroid at the same flea market

I got an obscure indie title named Orion: Prelude (I think it was orignally known as Orion: Dino Beatdown when I bought it but it fuckin changes names so many times) for 99 cents and I got 21 hours out of it.

I also got CS:GO for like 15 dollars? Can't remember. But I do have 234 hours in that game so yeah.

I got a PS4 for 230 dollars, also I put 30 hours into Drakengard which cost me like 3 bucks.

I got inFamous for free, but then again with that game I got it for free because of the security issues with PSN.

Edited by Lord Raven

a penny for Railroad Tycoon II.

Electronic boutique was scanning the barcode and it kept popping up as a penny even though the label said 30 bucks. The cashier was like screw it, a penny it is.

Edited by kingddd

That time i found Okami for 10 bucks before Blockbuster died. Oh man that was good shit and one of the best deals.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow for free. It was one of those buy one get one deals at Gamestop. I think the other game i got was Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume and it was hella cheap, like 12 bucks.

Dark Chronicle (aka Dark Cloud 2) and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance box,disc, and manual for 17 and 15 US dollars respectively. I had no idea they would become valuable at the time whatsoever...

So far as dirt cheap stuff that I ended up playing for hundreds of hours. Monaco: What's Yours is Mine, and Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim . I bought Monaco as part of a humble bundle for like 4.50 (7ish games total). I didn't even look at a single preview for monaco itself, I just wanted to get Brutal Legend cheaply, but I ended up playing it more than everything on that bundle combined two hundred times over (according to my steam hours) as well as every console game within a 3 year period.

Majesty is mostly in the same boat, ever since I found a copy at some random yard sale, I've kept it closer to me than any other PC game, and I only bought it originally caused he had put it in the same disc sleeve as civ 3 or something. I did spend real money on it for the disapointing sequel though, although the miraculous addition of moding (13 years after release, and with practically no community) totally makes up for it.

Honorable mentions to Mario Tennis, Worms:Armageddon Rampage:World Tour, and NBA courtside 2 for bringing way more people around my split-screen than the "standard" split screen games, even though the n64 is no slouch when it comes to multiplayer.

My friend sold me Ocarina 3DS for like $10-$15 back when it was running like $70. Now it's $20, but at the time what my friend sold it to me for was a steal. The same friend sold me Pokemon Emerald for like $5.

In terms of bang for buck, I spent a stupid amount of time in Elder Scrolls Oblivion, which I paid like $20 for. Elite Beat Agents cost like $2 and it's one of if not my favorite DS game.

Too many steam deals to list but I got some rare Wii games at gamestop for like a total of $75

Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Edited by LordTaco42

Got a bunch of GBA games for 1$ each when a game store near my school decided to stop selling GBA games (like advance wars and tales of fantasia). Also got sword of mana for 5$ when gamestop was trying to liquidate GBA inventory. If all that matters is commonly avalible price-price i paid for it, then the fates special edition is by far the bigist spread, simply because i got a preorder and it commands a massive premium if you didn't.

Edited by sirmola