Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

Let's continue this, today's characters are Sakura and Percy. What is your opinion on those characters?

SAKURA

Now people might find this character bland or as unimportant as Hinoka, but since I am one of those that prefer Sakura over Elise (still hate Elise), I'll make this a long one, starting with her role in the story of conquest (since there isn't much to say about the other two paths).

Sakura's father was killed and her brother was kidnapped in an early age, her long-lost brother finally comes back and she tries to be good to him to make up for the lost time, then Japanese Emmeryn dies, Sakura's mother, then Corrin decides to betray them after all those events, of course she's going to be emotional and that thing is going to affect her, yet she's still standing up to protect Hoshido in her chapter instead of sitting behind hoping the war would end, the quotes of royals when Corrin battles them are pretty good since they talk about her sakura felt when Corrin left, you can find the script of that talk here if you want to see it: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Sakura_(Chapter)/Script

And after you defeat Yukimura and the others, corrin promises to not kill anyone, then Hans comes in and kills lots of soldiers infront of everyone's eyes including Sakura, then she's held as a hostage and separated from the others, so I'd imagine her emotional status worsened, though elise kinda comforted her from time to time (Okay, I'll give Elise that for doing what she did).

I wonder how she reacted when she was told that Ryoma and Takumi are dead, oh well, we'll never know.

AS FOR HER SUPPORTS:

Most of her supports are preeetty sweet, as much as Sakura's passion for sweets, they're really one of the most adorable supports I read in Fates where she acts like a child, but she does also have other stuff that isn't about being adorable and can be pretty mature, like Leo's support where she talks about how she really loathes violence (as shown before, it also fits her victory quotes as if she was forced to do something but didn't like doing it) but needs to be there in the war council to know how many to heal instead of sitting there to cry and pray war is over, admirable, there's also her support with Jakob where she discusses how she feels about the war and the troops which was pretty good, and there's Ryoma's support where they talk about how she got that name of her. I honestly like nearly all of her supports, the only real bad ones that I can find is the avatar's (that one was really rushed and could've been better), Azama (because the way he acts to her), and Silas (because of how they forced her to think that way).

Kind of reminds me about Ken from Persona 3, he was pretty mature but had his child-ish moments. I like that.

UNIT-WISE:

I already stated it before, but I'm one of those guys that prefer Sakura over Elise, even gameplay wise. Unlike Elise, Sakura is more likely to survive in battle than Elise, the priestess class is also a very great class, giving OP skills like Renewal and Miracle which will help Sakura survive in battle even more, she has access to Amaterasu which helps to heal allies too, plus if you get lucky with the offense of Sakura, you'll be able to take advantage of her bow access, like combining Killer Bow and Sakura's 50% skill growth, or if you're playing in Rev, combine Sakura with Shining Bow to get a machine of destruction, if you didn't get lucky with her offense, there's always her onmyoji class which is also a good option if you're planning of taking advantage of her high magic stats.

All and all, Sakura is a pretty great rounded unit with great magic offense and speed which is likely to survive a lot in battles.

Percy: Never used him but that wasn't a very good looking prologue.

Edited by RoyLKing

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see who we have here...

Sakura Spirit

Don't go on Steam and look up "Sakura"; there's a whole library of visual novels with dirty imagery that go by "Sakura" something or other. There's a strange yet hilarious dissonance where she's super strong in-game, but really timid in story and supports. Why does she need to be protected when she could probably one-shot one of her own retainers (Subaki)? Anyway, I like her well enough. Obviously, she's sort of like the moon to Elise's sun, as she's very shy, while Elise is very outgoing. The background to her timidness is centered around Corn, but that's okay. She has some nice supports. All around, she's a pretty good character.

Percy

I hardly knew ye, Percy. That is, I've hardly used this guy. I don't have much of an opinion. Kind of a dirty thing for him to sick a bunch of relatively innocent, clueless mercs on his dad just because he was having emotional fits. At least you can use dragon veins to send 'em off without hurting them.

Sakura: Most likely my favorite female royal due to her personality and growths. I think I show much more sympathy when Sakura finishes combat she asks for forgiveness for the acts she's doing and for trying very hard to be mature while still indulging in a few childish past times. In a larger context, I'd say she's a bit of the generic archetype of the shy girl but as long as they're done decently at least I tend to like them and I favor it much more than yandere mistress, training is my life women or energetic little girls.

Percy: Pit go back to Uprising. As it stands he's my least favorite kid of them all. His prologue stings my perception of him, his voice is just annoying and he's an eight year old who shouldn't be seeing any sort of combat yet.

Sakura: Staff~ Staff~. Quite possibly the most generic stock-trope character in fates. Decent BN bird with a strong personal though.

Percy: So when does Justice Pit get added to smash? Inherent dracozerk and very very stupid stats, a personal aura almost as useful as his father's and some of the most entertaining supports/battle quotes in the game. Best male kid/10

Edited by joshcja

Beruka:

I tend not to like the emotionless characters very much. If a character doesn't give the impression to care a lot about anything I in turn don't care a lot for that character. Beruka is an exception to that rule and her gimmick makes her odly endearing when combined with her weirdly young looks. As someone else here already said I also haven't found a support involving her that I didn't like.

Caeldori:

Caeldori is one of the clone kids so she already has a strike against her. She's a successor to Cordelia but seems only to take the most visible of her attributes and removing the deeper layers like the backstory and the doomed crush. I'm not really a fan.

Sakura:

I like Sakura....that's about all I have to say about her, really.

Percy:

Percy is Pit. He acts like Pit, is voiced by Pit and can't fly on his own like Pit. Considering I really, really like Pit I consider the similarities a very strong point in Percy's favor. Percy takes a lot after Arthur's gimmick but because I find that gimmick completely awesome I really don't mind. You could argue him being a sidekick rather than a hero sets him apart enough. I will concede Percy is a bit more gimmick than character so he's not my favorite kid but he's up there.

I noticed that Percy has a rather large group of people who do not like him. I'm honestly a bit surprised about that.

As a unit Percy is very weird. He has monstrous defense, to the point its not uncommon for strong enemy units to do below 5 damage to him. But when it comes to strengt I found Percy very lacking. Perhaps its because I made Felicia his mother.

As a unit Percy is very weird. He has monstrous defense, to the point its not uncommon for strong enemy units to do below 5 damage to him. But when it comes to strengt I found Percy very lacking. Perhaps its because I made Felicia his mother.

Felecia will do that.

Even with a good physmon (Beruka, Camilia or Effie, Harlot has better things to do) Percy likes Luna inheritance from Arthur + the obligatory extended berserker dip because dracozerk OP. He comes closer to mono speedwing Arthur's offenses than any non-arthur unit in CQ sans LoD Ophelia (broken lady is broken) and brings that sick bulk to the table as well.

If you want low invest offense on Percy Elise in the mother of choice, offspring into magik knight post ch21 and toss a bolt axe on em + the spare spirit dusts (Odin and Ophelia should have capped mag by now with the absurd amount of dust the game gives).

Edited by joshcja

Sakura: No strong feelings either way really. She has her positives, but (like so many of the Hoshidoan characters it seems) she can be very generic and bland.

Percy: A child unit I never bothered to recruit, mostly because I can't get his dad to live long enough to marry.

Huh, compared to yesterday, my responses are downright lukewarm. All well, maybe tomorrow will be interesting.

Sakura - I like that her promoted weapons force her to the back lines, where she belongs. Great personal skill, relatively sweet supports (the Azama support is bad because of Azama), and pink hair that's hilarious on male kids. Like Asugi.

Percy - Abuse the paralogue, it's great for refilling resources in Conquest. When paired with his dad (as in, fighting together, not actually paired up), the net result is a lot of crit on the enemy, and a lot less on everyone nearby. As a support thing, he kinda reminds me of Cherche without her better parts.

Sakura

I actually really like her. She's one of my favorite royals and has been since I first saw her. Yeah, she's probably generic shy anime girl, but I love her all the same. Her voice is great, her hair color is really pretty, she has a cute promotion, and I have to say she's pretty brave. Brave enough to fight her sibling because she knows she has to. I really like her.

Percy

It's Bucky. Usually I have Kagero as his mom so he gets Bucky's brownish hair. He's a sweet kid aside from his join chapter. Plus he's a Wyvern Rider so there's a plus.

Sakura is a surprisingly good character. She's obviously timid and frail, but she has a lot of determination despite that. In many ways, she is very similar to Hinoka except Hinoka actually trained while she stayed a healer.

Pit is by far my favorite kid. His best parent comes super early with a fast support and gives him ridiculous (and I do mean ridiculous) growths. Draco Zerker innately is just nuts.

As a character, he's literally Pit and Pit is my favorite Nintendo character so that is not even bad. He's just a good kid with good luck.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

oh c'mon people, this is a bit too calm.

If you want a shit show, bring up a shit character. Or, you know, bring up Rhajat. Plenty to talk about there. Or maybe Garon...

not yet, I wanna prepare myself for Rhajat before bringing her up

but I'm still bummed about the fact that Sakura doesn't get much attention compared to Elise :(

not yet, I wanna prepare myself for Rhajat before bringing her up

but I'm still bummed about the fact that Sakura doesn't get much attention compared to Elise :(

I know this isn't the majority opinion, but I actually do like Sakura more than Elise. I think it's because I can relate to her being intimidated by older people. I find it difficult to talk to people who are even so much as five years older than I am unless I've known them for a long time. And yet, she's shown through gameplay and some supports to have hidden strength. It reminds me of some other female characters that I tend to like, and it isn't done in a way that is forceful or demeaning to her as a character.

Also, I think holding out on Rhajat is probably for the best. Until then, I say bring up some of the more lukewarm characters. Save the really popular ones that you have left (like Oboro and Elise) for second last and save the controversial ones for very last to go out with a bang. Or maybe inverse the two so that we don't leave with a bitter taste in our mouths. Either way, don't throw down the notorious characters immediately because I think you might lose some regulars for the last few characters due to a lack of interest.

I think Sakura getting less attention than Elise is quite natural, given Elise's ample exposure in the main stories and actual involvement in the plot. Elise is one of the most influential characters in all three games.

Sakura

She's awesome. The story doesn't do as much with her as it could, but her chapter in Conquest is one of my favourites. At face value she's a shy and sheltered princess, but she actually develops (hurray!) and shows a lot of courage and strength during the story and supports. I love two range healing, and her promotion is interesting.

Percy

I just don't feel comfortable fielding 7 year olds.

8 more characters left.

Today's characters are Rinkah and Ignatius. Plus a bonus character, Garon. What is your opinion on those characters?

Rinkah: No opinion

Ignatius: I liked the way Ignatius was introduced, showing how brave he is against the odds to not let anyone die, his chapter was easy to finish though. Character-wise, I don't like the bug thing at all, but I like the other thing about him not wanting people to die in battlefield (at least he presents it in a more interesting way than Corrin). Unit-wise, he's amazing, I like having his mother be Beruka because it'd make him even tankier than before.

Garon: Zephiel is better

Rinkah: Early unit status keeps her afloat on 2/3 routes and they're both easy enough that she can go all game long. Personality wise uuuuh "I hate you, Go away, Seriously fuck off, JK I love you havec my babies" isher overallsupport theme with a splash of genuinely good supports, which is upsetting, I really like her design.

Ignatious: Hi bennynotbenny with a speed stat. I really like his father/son support and he's chill. His paralouge is notorious because using birds is hard now.

Garon: Marriage option when? I'll call you daddy any day.

Father of 4 children and many many many memes.

Edited by joshcja