Will we ever see the old games get localized?

Harvey

We all know that there are seven FE games that are Japan exclusive which are:

Shadow Dragon

Gaiden

Mystery of the Emblem

Holy War

Thracia 776

Binding Blade

New Mystery of the Emblem

Of those seven only Shadow Dragon got a localization and that's just that. Will we ever get the chance to see the six games brought to the west now that FE is a major IP?

Personally, I would love to see Holy war brought to the west and I'll happily get two copies of the game day one....but let's face it, there is just no way that Nintendo will bring this to the west and even then, there's a good chance that NoA will censor all the things that made Holy War amazing like genocide, child hunt etc.

So what do you guys think? Any chance to see this happen?

Probably not. But we can dream, right? I'd love it as much as anyone if a discussion in Nintendo was like...

"Let's put the SNES FEs on VC."

"But the translation isn't commercially viable..."

"Some fans put up translations for them, just use those."

"Alright, it's not like those pirates care if we steal their stuff."*

*Everyone knows Nintendo and their opinions on emulation, after all.

now if they stole the fe5 translation... :D

We all know that there are seven FE games that are Japan exclusive which are:

Shadow Dragon

Gaiden

Mystery of the Emblem

Holy War

Thracia 776

Binding Blade

New Mystery of the Emblem

Of those seven only Shadow Dragon got a localization and that's just that.

I like how Shadow Dragon was listed as Japanese exclusive but none of the other FE games that eventually got localized were. That makes no sense!

Not without remakes aside from maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Binding Blade (there was some translating done, before the game was deemed too hard and focus shifted to 7.)

And even that's a stretch.

While I doubt it'd happen, I really REALLY really really reeeeally want FE3, 4 and 5 localized. 5 is one of my favorites in the series, 3 is my absolute favorite, and I... need to actually play 4. I haven't started since I don't know what pairings to do or how to get them. Should I just go blind or prepare beforehand?

6 should get a localization or remake since it's a bit weird having that unanswered cliffhanger at the end of Blazing Sword.

And 12 should've been localized. We know why it wasn't, but it should've been. Probably would've done Awakening's job for it, with casual mode and avatar shipping, etc.

I can see a remake of 6 and 7 happening down the line, but I don't think the other Japan only games will ever see a western release unless that Mother 3 rumor turns out to be true.

Out of all of them, I think Gaiden however has pretty much an almost to pretty much zero chance of being remade. It was skipped over in order to continue with Marth's saga of games and it's pretty much the most obscure game out of them all. It's also often the least discussed game in SF as well since it's also the least played to my knowledge.

If by current trends, there could be a possibility of seeing Genealogy at least since it has some of the features the newer games have which is the marriage system and in a way unbreakable weapons since you can repair them all in Genealogy.

Edited by Raguna

I like how Shadow Dragon was listed as Japanese exclusive but none of the other FE games that eventually got localized were. That makes no sense!

Well the first NES game wasn't localized here so I included it here.

While I doubt it'd happen, I really REALLY really really reeeeally want FE3, 4 and 5 localized. 5 is one of my favorites in the series, 3 is my absolute favorite, and I... need to actually play 4. I haven't started since I don't know what pairings to do or how to get them. Should I just go blind or prepare beforehand?

Go blind. Pair who you think you like to be paired. Its practically impossible for you to get that many weak units....if on your first playthrough.

Come to think of it, I don't have any proof but I did hear some rumors that Holy Way is getting a remake of some sort. Hopefully those rumors are true!

Edited by Harvey

As remakes a la Shadow Dragon, there's definitely the possibility, but of course, that would have to have Nintendo of Japan judge the demand for a remake like that before it can happen in the first place, let alone be localised.

As translations of the original games on virtual console a la EarthBound Beginnings, I really doubt it. I'm sure Nintendo of America has better things to do with their time than translating old games, even if FE is considered a major Nintendo IP.

i hope it never happens.

i can't wait for the localization to remove more stuff and butcher more lines and insert memes into everything.

i just wanna let my memories of the older games remain the same, if others want to experience them for themselves, they have all the tools and resources needed with afew google searches and clicks.

that and i just want less remakes and more new games.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

The iron is no longer hot, so I'd assume no.

But since it's fun to dream, I would love it if instead of remakes, we got an anthology collection of 2-6 translated, preferably on 3DS, but Wii U is fine too.

But I'd take jacked up remakes too. Sadly, Nintend could sell me a piece of poo with a flag in it if the flag said Fire Emblem. (That's an exaggeration, please don't pm me offers for poo with an FE flag in it)