5 Wanted NX Games

Alex95

I'm sure we all have a wishlist of the types of games we want to see on the NX. Aside from Breath of the Wild and Dragon Quest X (though I would like to see that come to the U.S.), these are my personal top games I want to see announced for the NX:

1. Super Mario 64 HD/New Super Mario 3D Title - SM64 is my favorite game of all time and I would love to see it get an HD remaster. Nothing like the DS version, where we got more characters and more stars (though I wouldn't complain about the later). Just a straight up remaster of the original game. If they decide against that, then a new 3D Mario title similar to it and Mario Galaxy will do.

2. Metroid NX - Metroid would look beautiful on the NX! The Prime games and Other M already look fabulous, so imagine what they could do with the NX's power.

3. Mario Kart NX - No brainer here. Mario Kart has been on every system since the N64 (skipped the Virtual Boy and GBC after the original game). Of course there's going to be a new Mario Kart! I just hope Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong return and Pink Gold Peach gets the boot.

4. Final Fantasy VII HD - This one's been circulating around for a while, but I don't think it's been confirmed for the NX. Yet. I've only played the original game once (and I wasn't very good...), so I'd love to give it another go on the NX. Though I'm sure if Sony is up for losing their PS exclusive...

5. Super Smash Brothers... RPG - There's been rumors about a new Smash coming to the NX, and, while I'm really enjoying the Wii U/3DS versions, I missed the story mode from Brawl (as lame as it was). Playing a lot of Project X Zone 2 lately, so I'm hoping they could do something like that as the next installment's story mode. Also, keep it to one system this time so we can have the Ice Climbers back, please!

Dragon Quest XI and localized, please Square Enix!

A TTYD-style Paper Mario that will never happen.

A not-Awakening-like Fire Emblem that doesn't praise some Avatar for no reason that will also never happen.

Dragon Quest XI and localized, please Square Enix!

You may be able to get some of those hopes up further! http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/07/nintendo-nx-version-of-dragon-quest-x-confirmed-in-development-alongside-ps4-version/ Hopefully XI also gets the NX treatment like X is getting.

Also I'd personally like to see another Mario game akin to 3D World, instead of something more like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, but I wouldn't mind another Galaxy styled game since it has been awhile now.

I'd like to see another Warriors game with a Nintendo property which is possible, http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/04/koei-tecmo-games-nintendo-nx/ Or heck maybe we'll see another Ninja Gaiden on it.

I'm already getting a wish seeing a new mainline Sonic game on the system, with Project 2017 confirmed to be on the NX as one of its consoles, Mania will probably be as well but I'm getting that on Steam anyways.

I'd like to see another F-Zero, Actual Metroid, another Starfox despite the lackluster reviews of Zero (Although I only had small issues with it myself) and to see that Ninty actually cares about their more obscure franchises again.

Edited by Jedi

1. The rumored Luigi's Mansion game that would be a launch title!

2. Fire Emblem game with RD-like mechanics and PoR-like support system

3. Sequel to Hyrule Warriors (3DS game is just a port) or an FE x Zelda crossover

4. Zelda (besides Breath of the Wild which is just being ported from Wii U)

5. 3D Mario that's akin to the SMG games

Yep, that'll be about right. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Aside from a Fire Emblem game on the NX, I don't have much to ask for since I need some info to go on with the NX but as long as it has a good plethora of JRPGS, Turn Based Strategy games or life simulator game like Harvest Moon, I can possibly see myself buying this. So far most titles I've heard for it, don't really tickle my interest too much but I hope something pops up to prove me wrong.

Bayonetta 3 is at the top of my wishlist. Bayo 1 and 2 were sublime, and there are a few severe threads left dangling for a possible sequel.

Since the NX is supposedly a handheld that plugs into your TV, a new Fire Emblem.

Also, rerelease the Tellius games as a 2-pack. That's right FE gets 2 slots on my top 5 wishlist. Don't hate.

Monolithsoft is working on something else right now (which I will probably buy and/or love), but I really want a sequel to Xenoblade X. That game is massive, but there is room for so much more in a narrative and gameplay sense. For example, why are there no playable Wrothians? Or Skells made by any company other than Sakuraba Industries?

Finally, and this is deep into imagination-land, I wish Nintendo would just hire someone to make a real Metroid sequel. Not a prequel, not a remake, not an interquel trilogy, not a character-assassinating interquel, and not a spin-off that doesn't feature our dear Ms. Aran. A real sequel. That hopefully ignores everything Other M had to say. It can be 2D, or it can be 3D. Just do SOMETHING. Two days ago was the 30th anniversary of the original game's release, and Nintendo have been acting like they've never even heard of Metroid.

Zera's Top 5 "Hope this exists on NX" Games

Sin & Punishment 3. The second game was TOO GOOD to not have a sequel. Also, the ending was a bit of a cliffhanger... and I need... more... Sin & Punishment.

F-Zero. I want to break the sound barrier with stupidly fast cars in HD!

Metroid. Just make a great Metroid game. No need to reinvent the wheel, just make sure it plays well and isn't bogged down by cutscenes or load screens.

Something from Retro Studios. Literally anything.

Wild Card Sequel. Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pikmin, Sonic, NiGHTS, Rayman, Klonoa, Bangai-O, and Rodea are all viable candidates.

Edited by Zera

top 5

5 Xenoblade chronicles X 2

4 Fire Emblem

3 3D fighter smash brothers

2 A Tales game

1 A Shadow pokemon game

Edited by Heart of Ice

You may be able to get some of those hopes up further! http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/07/nintendo-nx-version-of-dragon-quest-x-confirmed-in-development-alongside-ps4-version/ Hopefully XI also gets the NX treatment like X is getting.

Oh, I know about Dragon Quest X, and of the things I listed Dragon Quest XI is actually the most likely.

Way back in mid-2015, there was a confirmation and retraction of said confirmation, changing the NX version's status from confirmed to being under consideration.

This gives it the strange honor of being the first game with any sort of NX version mentioned at all.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Everyone talks about Nintendo making sequels to some of their most beloved games, but IMO a few of their lesser known franchises could use some more love as well.

5) Waluigi- A little known fact about Game Freak is that one of their earliest successes was a hidden gem of a puzzler called Yoshi for the NES. This clever little game really added a lot to the mythos of the Yoshi series, so I figured that the wiz kids behind this game and the successful Drill Dozer games could work their magic again to give Mario fans what they've really been crazing; a game that will pull the curtains on Waluigi's sordid past.

4) Donkey Kong Jr. English- Donkey Kong Jr. Math was one of the pioneering games of the NES that showed people that the NES was more than just a game console and could also be an invaluable educational tool as well. This helped increase sales of the game in the West (alongside ROB of course in a 1-2 punch combo that cemented Nintendo's place in the industry for years to come) and with Nintendo on the decline, I can't help but wonder if one of their forgotten classics can help to make Nintendo great again.

3) Metroid Other M Pinball- I agree w/Zera that Retro Studio should be working on another game, and I think a new console is a good time for them to go back to their roots with what eventually made them such a huge success in the first place.

2) Joust 2- As we all know, one of Nintendo's most fondly remembered games is Balloon Fight but it hasn't had any sequels since Balloon Kid. I think the new generation would really appreciate the pick up and play action and making a sequel to this long running series (which for the uninitiated, started with Joust in 1982) would be the perfect way to bring this series into the zeitgeist once again.

1) Urban Champion 2- Nintendo has rereleased this game countless times in the past, so they're obviously fond of it. Maybe fond enough of it to make a sequel?

2) Joust 2- As we all know, one of Nintendo's most fondly remembered games is Balloon Fight but it hasn't had any sequels since Balloon Kid. I think the new generation would really appreciate the pick up and play action and making a sequel to this long running series (which for the uninitiated, started with Joust in 1982) would be the perfect way to bring this series into the zeitgeist once again.

1) Urban Champion 2- Nintendo has rereleased this game countless times in the past, so they're obviously fond of it. Maybe fond enough of it to make a sequel?

I'd actually take a Joust 2, I loved Joust as a kid hahahaha.

Urban Champion though... Man its "legacy" needs to continue eh?

Also, rerelease the Tellius games as a 2-pack. That's right FE gets 2 slots on my top 5 wishlist. Don't hate.

Oh yeah, I'd definitely love this! Especially if some little improvements are made to the game like additional paired endings or something!

In no particular order:

-Pokemon game in the style of Coliseum and XD.

-A REAL Paper Mario game.

-A new FE or a remake with the engine of Fates' cutscenes in normal gameplay.

-Mario Kart.

-A new 3D Mario game. It won't be Mario 64 HD guys, Miyamoto doesn't do that shit.

Lowkey so people will stop bitching about it:

-F-Zero

-Metroid

I don't play either, I just kinda want people to stop complaining.

Everyone talks about Nintendo making sequels to some of their most beloved games, but IMO a few of their lesser known franchises could use some more love as well.

5) Waluigi- A little known fact about Game Freak is that one of their earliest successes was a hidden gem of a puzzler called Yoshi for the NES. This clever little game really added a lot to the mythos of the Yoshi series, so I figured that the wiz kids behind this game and the successful Drill Dozer games could work their magic again to give Mario fans what they've really been crazing; a game that will pull the curtains on Waluigi's sordid past.

4) Donkey Kong Jr. English- Donkey Kong Jr. Math was one of the pioneering games of the NES that showed people that the NES was more than just a game console and could also be an invaluable educational tool as well. This helped increase sales of the game in the West (alongside ROB of course in a 1-2 punch combo that cemented Nintendo's place in the industry for years to come) and with Nintendo on the decline, I can't help but wonder if one of their forgotten classics can help to make Nintendo great again.

3) Metroid Other M Pinball- I agree w/Zera that Retro Studio should be working on another game, and I think a new console is a good time for them to go back to their roots with what eventually made them such a huge success in the first place.

refa i love you

pikmin 4

nothing else actually matters

wasn't that already confirmed to exist

-A new FE or a remake with the engine of Fates' cutscenes in normal gameplay.

what

Listed in no particular order, just the order I thought of them in:

1:

Metroid - I'd really like a new Metroid game, however I'm not sure I'd want it to be first-person like the Prime games. The Prime games are all pretty great, but I generally prefer the 2D/third-person style of the other games. I'd like to see some beautiful cutscenes and graphics like we got in Other M, the style and exploration of Zero Mission or Super Metroid, and a story that picks up from Other M and Fusion in terms of chronology but has more of an atmosphere like the first Prime or the GBA games.

2:

Fire Emblem - My favorite FE games are the handheld GBA ones, but I'd still love some console FE. I'd prefer it to be more in the style of the GBA games, with characters having limited supports and marriage options, with maybe even no marriage options at all! No children/second generation characters, and skills being limited and maybe being somewhat personal sort of like Genealogy. Maybe bring back weapon durability, but at the same time keep unbreakable weapons. Like, the special, "divine" weapons the main protagonist gets is unbreakable. Personal and "special" weapons can break, but they can be repaired like in Genealogy. Regular weapons are breakable and can't be repaired.

3:

Bowser spin-off - This one is really more wishful thinking on my part. Yoshi, Wario, Luigi, and Peach all got their own games, so now I think it's Bowser's turn, and Bowser's Inside Story proved that a Bowser game could work! However I don't think it should be a platformer. I think it might work well in more of an RPG style, or they could experiment a little bit like they did with Luigi for the Luigi's Mansion games and go for more of an adventure-like feel. Or! Or they could try a beat 'em up-styled game, that seems like it might work well for Bowser.

4:

Super Smash Bros. - This one is obvious, I mean who doesn't love some Smash Bros.? I'd hope they keep the entire cast of 3DS/Wii U, except for possibly the third-party characters since they may have licensing and copyright issues with them. It'd be cool if they brought back Wolf and the Ice Climbers, and I'd love to see them build upon the awesomeness of Smash Wii U...and maybe add Lyn as a playable character.

5:

Star Fox - I want a true sequel to Star Fox 64. Ignore the other games, and make a true sequel to 64. Don't try to shoehorn in dumb motion controls and don't retell the same story for the third darn time like Zero did. Come on, Nintendo, you're better than this!

Honorable Mentions:

Mario

Zelda

Luigi's Mansion

Emblem Warriors

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

You're not implying that Retro was involved with Other M or Prime Pinball, are you? Because that's degrading the quality of their work. Games such as those would never make it out of Retro's doors. I want a game in the same league as Metroid Prime Trilogy or the last couple Donkey Kong Country games.

1) A metroid game with a gameplay similar to the prime Series that takes place after the events of Fusion. Seriously, It's time that we get to know what happened to Samus after the events of fusion.

2) A new Punch-Out!!!: yes, I know that It would be very similar to his predecessor, but I don't care, I want to see this franchise return.

3) F-Zero: how long has It been since we had an F-Zero? Too much. This series needs to return and the NX may be a good occasion for this.

4)StarFox: I really loved what SF Zero offered and I wish that we get another title of this series, even tough SF Zero didn't sell that much.

5) Advance Wars: I would like to see a new AW with the style of the first threee games, that's all I ask for it.

I also would like to see a new FE, but these have the priority.

1. Nintendo World Championship 2015. Granted, not all of the games featured have been released yet, but they should release it at some point.

2. Kirby. The Wii U missed out on a main Kirby release, although Rainbow Curse is still a fun game.

3. Elder Scrolls. This I highly doubt, but if the NX is as powerful as we are lead to believe, Bethesda might want to port the next Elder Scrolls game to the NX.

4. Third Party titles. In the same vein as the previous entry, more devs on board to port to the NX.

5. Translated Virtual Console games. Mother 3, New Mystery of the Emblem, Mario and Wario, among others.

-A new styled Mario game. It seems like new Mario game styles that work with the systems turns out to be fun as hell, so seeing what the NX will come up with leaves me with excitement.

-A Kirby game. I love SSU and I love Planet Robobot. I'd love to see what gimmick would be incorporated for the NX. Fingers crossed for combining powers to return.

-A different kind of Mario RPG. Not just Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi, but new type of Mario RPG in general.

-A super smash bros. game. I think it may kinda be unlikely, but I can still dream. If it does happen, I hope that it's made to appeal to the competitive side more without killing the casual side, since Smash 4 was good in terms of casual play, but not really that interesting in competitive play. Thought I do like watching Smash 4 competitive play.

-A Fire Emblem fighting game or beat em up. It's possible now since FE's now considered a top IP by Nintendo.

1: A Mario RPG - This can range from a "proper" Paper Mario game (First two is what I consider proper, third game had a great story & setting but gameplay was different, and I haven't touched the later ones), another Mario and Luigi game (that I still need to play more of, I have only played the first), or a brand new Mario RPG franchise. I want to see original characters and locations with a hint of Mario familiarity and not "pure" Mushroom Kingdom environments. I want to see more than just Goombas and Koopa Troopas all day.

2: Advance Wars - Advance Wars has not been made in a long while. While I have grown fond of Days of Ruin gameplay, I do miss the more cartoony style of the original three. One of my favorite pasttimes back then was messing around in the editor and making up my own campaigns and stories within the engine. It would be nice to do that again.

3: "Console" Fire Emblem - A Fire Emblem leaning more towards PoR and Radiant Dawn in terms of style and presentation. A part of me wants to go back to the basics, but with Fates and Awakening, I don't think that is likely...

4: Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 - X had me hooked for at least 100 hours straight. The most memorable moments for me were some of the sidequests since I was not expecting some of them to get rather dark. While the main story seemed a bit rushed, I did enjoy the world of Mira and the gameplay of X. There are also unanswered questions and even some hints that seem to lead to a future game (like HB perhaps taking over that one guy's spot, the mystery of Professor B, etc.)

5: Wii U Ports (Smash Brothers, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, ye olde EShop, Wii Shop Channel, etc.)

I would like to see some games ported to the NX. While I enjoyed Smash Brothers and Splatoon, among other titles, I didn't feel like I got the full experience, probably since other games ended up taking my attention. These games are good and seem like they may have more life to them if ported, and I may end up picking up or upgrading to the NX version should this ever happen. Also, there are the retro or digital-only games that I would like to see ported.

1. Panel de Pon. I don't care if it has a mario theme like tertis attack or a pokemon theme like pokemon puzzle league. I just want the solid gameplay.

2. Puyo Puyo. It deserves to be localized again, but as long as it includes online play that works better than Puyo Puyo VS and the tsuu ruleset I'm happy.

3. Toyko Wars. i'm not interested in the direction tank games are going with (world of tanks and war thunder). I fondly remember stuff like world destruction league, battletanx, and tokyo wars itself. You migt say, just always play light tanks, but that misses the appeal of these games. They were always meant to be aracade-action games first and barely tried to be a tank simulator at all. The heavy tanks move fast, the medium tanks move faster, and the light ones are almost uncontrollable. Pickups provided weapons like lasers and cluster rockets. You could feasibly dodge most projectiles by reversing, and finally getting a hit on the opponet didn't depend on angling/luck, but simply forcing them to drive into your shot or getting head on with them. Best of all was that you could grab anyone in the arcade (or living room in the case of battletanx/wdl) and the would be able to pick it up at once! The fun is not reserved for longtime players who know the nuances of angling/penetration/weak points. And setting up matches doesn't involve garages or management, just pick the tank and level, and you're off.

4. Gundam Extreme VS. Of course I don't expect this itself, but something like Virtual On, Armored Core: Last Raven or a new series altogether might be more feasible. I don't even know if the NX will have the required periphials to make it enjoyable or it would devolve to a twinstick layout. Anyway, I've always found 3D mecha fighting games to be interesting, as the weapon cooldowns, the importances of dashing, the mix of close and ranged combat, really do legitimzize the comparisons to the traditional 2D fighting game, but I find they are slightly more rewarding to an "execution/iput" oriented player and less to the "technical/reader" players than in to KOF/SF/mVSc.

5. YooKa-Laylee While I dearly love platform games, I don't request them since I expect they'll be made anyway due to the momentum of being a mascot series. There are games that need help though. But I just can't bring myself to ask for billy hatcher 2, vexx 2, or whatever. I don't really believe they can happen, even on a limited scale as a budget game with similiar mechanics or a new IP(the most I expect from category 3 and 4). So I'll just put the confirmed game I'm most excited for.

6? Up until last year I would have asked for an 8 degree of freedom game to grace consoles again, since I love freespace 2 and colony wars so much, but with descent:underground on steam I'm pretty happy. I could still argue there should be one so that more people can experience the joy of these games.

Edited by Reality