Do you think Shiro, Kiragi, Siegbert, and Forrest should be able wield their parents weapon?

DarkDestr0yer61

Should the royal sons be able to wield their father's weapons?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should the royal sons be able to wield their father's weapons?

• Yes
    • No

Personally, no.

It's a fun bonus for the Heirs storyline, but unique weapons make characters standout. The kids already have a stat/class advantage over their parents. The regalia weapons give the parents a potential edge, making it so that the kids aren't straight-up stronger.

What about you? Do you think they should?

Edited by quasimopho13

Weapons only seem to be passed down in the event of death, and none of the regalia royals actually die when defeated in battle, so no, it wouldn't make much sense.

Actually honestly the royal weapons and dragon blood make no sense to me. Is it ever explained why Sumeragi and Garon's children are the only living royals of Hoshido and Nohr respectively? Surely if dragon blood has been passed down for centuries upon centuries there would be TONS of dragon blooded people. Now I can come up with a game-of-thrones-y explanation for Nohr, but Hoshido doesn't seem like the place that would kill the branch royal families. Honestly it just seems like Sumeragi and Garon just kinda spontaneously appeared out of nowhere, and Siegfried, the Fujin Yumi, and Brynhildr just chose their royals with no previous wielders.

Personally, no.

It's a fun bonus for the Heirs storyline, but unique weapons make characters standout. The kids already have a stat/class advantage over their parents. The regalia weapons give the parents a potential edge, making it so that the kids aren't straight-up stronger.

What about you? Do you think they should?

I have been doing some thinking about it. And I say yes, but only under a certain condition. And that is if the child and father get an A rank with each other. Or maybe add a special conversation past A rank (A++? Idk) and that conversation is basically the father passing down the weapon to the son, but both the father and the son can wield it.

I have been doing some thinking about it. And I say yes, but only under a certain condition. And that is if the child and father get an A rank with each other. Or maybe add a special conversation past A rank (A++? Idk) and that conversation is basically the father passing down the weapon to the son, but both the father and the son can wield it.

This is basically my thoughts on the matter

That is an interesting idea. Lucina's support with her sibling was all about inheriting her weapon. When you finally realize that the sibling can inherit it, it is a little disappointing that they cannot use the Falchion.

From a gameplay perspective, I still think it's a bad idea for the reasons stated above.

However, your perspective takes into account story which is also important. It's important to consider all angles to see the full picture.

I like the idea of earning it through an A or A+ support. It's always motivating to progress when the rewards are high (i.e. Regalia)

I think that Ryoma mentions training to be worthy of the weapon when talking to Shiro about Raijinto, so personally, I think that it should be acceptable after unlocking the A-Support between them and their father, as well as passing a certain point of the story. (Chapter 20 seems fair). Just to reinforce the patience of the matter, but also giving more time to show with the weapon than Roy had with the Sword of Seals.

That is an interesting idea. Lucina's support with her sibling was all about inheriting her weapon. When you finally realize that the sibling can inherit it, it is a little disappointing that they cannot use the Falchion.

From a gameplay perspective, I still think it's a bad idea for the reasons stated above.

However, your perspective takes into account story which is also important. It's important to consider all angles to see the full picture.

I like the idea of earning it through an A or A+ support. It's always motivating to progress when the rewards are high (i.e. Regalia)

I totally agree, especially on the point of supports.

For the record, I'm all for it, since they are the children of the wielders and should therefore be able to wield their parents' weapons. Same goes for Kana with the Yato.

Second gen being much more supplemental and added more into the late phases of the game, I can see why the kids were never coded to wield their fathers weapon. I believe it wouldn't have been hard to pass down the royal weapons down to the kids since the only variable child would be M!Kana if you were playing as a female or Shigure from Azura. Those two could be explained away with something in order not to wield it but as it stands I just think time constraints are the main issue alongside keeping everything well 'canon' in a sense since kids are never acknowledged in the main game.

Which is basically one of my reasons for disliking Fates' kids. But it's probably best to focus on the topic at hand rather than a needless tangent.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject, but I agree this isn't the topic to do so. But answer me this, if you don't mind, is it the Fates kids themselves (as in the characters) you don't like? Or how they were implemented in Fates that you don't like?

I feel like they should yeah. But under certain conditions; like they have to reach A-support with their dad and land the finishing blow on Anankos in HoF. For example if you want Kiragi to be able to use Fujin in main game, get him to A-support with Takumi and then have Kiragi get the killing shot on Anankos.

I'd say no just because it's really the only thing differentiating the kids from their parents besides some slight stat differences.

Takumi and Xander would be benched once you got their kids, and Leo would only have to wait until Forrest promotes. Ryoma would have a slight edge not needing a Heart Seal to use it, but in the end SM or MoA Shiro would be using it, and Ryoma would be benched.

Edited by TrueEm

I feel like they should yeah. But under certain conditions; like they have to reach A-support with their dad and land the finishing blow on Anankos in HoF. For example if you want Kiragi to be able to use Fujin in main game, get him to A-support with Takumi and then have Kiragi get the killing shot on Anankos.

^^ This. Make it a DLC option, and part of that DLC can download slightly different convos for the Yato upgrade scenes, with images of the children holding the Regalia weapons instead of the parents.

I dunno, support wise, Kiragi and Takumi show you need to train and inherit the bow. And no, I do not want the children to wield the divine weapons.

Although it would be funny in Shiro's case if he had an excuse like, 'I stole Dad's sword so I could try it!' Or something.

Edited by Blademaster_Aio

Goodness no. It's already an unhappy coincidence that the four non-Corrin wielders of divine weapons are all male; I don't want to know how I'd feel if it were eight.

Also yeah there are good gameplay reasons for it too. Personally I'm already kinda annoyed that two of them (along with many other kids) just copy their father's class and have a somewhat similar stat build. Awakening didn't do this nearly as often.

(I'm also down with the "I don't think they should even exist" option, of course.)

Goodness no. It's already an unhappy coincidence that the four non-Corrin wielders of divine weapons are all male; I don't want to know how I'd feel if it were eight.

Yeah, I think everyone raises at least an eyebrow at that freakish... coincidence? Honestly I would've liked to see the female royals with holy weapons. At least Camilla and Hinoka, and Elise and Sakura having special staves would've been cool too.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject, but I agree this isn't the topic to do so. But answer me this, if you don't mind, is it the Fates kids themselves (as in the characters) you don't like? Or how they were implemented in Fates that you don't like?

It's more of a relevancy issue. There's literally no requirement for them. Let's be honest, wouldn't it be interesting if you're progressing through Conquest and you have Azura married to someone and Shigure arrives with his sibling as reinforcements if the battle is looking too grim? Then having a special moment after the battle like normal that could at least feature them in the scene describing what forces they saw on their way to you etc.

I understand that some people would feel that's a little intrusive to the plot, but it'd provide some form of reason to acknowledge the characters actually exist, as opposed to literally being forgettable.

There's also how spoiled a large majority of the kids are, but I think my response derailed this enough.

Also yeah there are good gameplay reasons for it too. Personally I'm already kinda annoyed that two of them (along with many other kids) just copy their father's class and have a somewhat similar stat build. Awakening didn't do this nearly as often.

(I'm also down with the "I don't think they should even exist" option, of course.)

Yeah, I am not a fan of the fact none of the females have a special weapon. Camilla should totally use Garon's 1 to 3 range axe .

It is a bit lame Camilla doesn't have a special axe and Hinoka doesn't have a special lance. Especially considering that Corrin takes Hinoka's lance in Conquest.

As for Elise and Sakura, I'm not sure what they would get

As for Elise and Sakura, I'm not sure what they would get

I figured they'd just get staves. The idea I had was that 1: They weren't fantastic at base, but scaled better with magic compared to other staves, 2: Had cool effects like healing status effects, boosting stats, or defending against debuffs, and 3: Had a small number of uses, but it fully replenished between missions.

I think the weapons are terrible. They make fighting that character a pain, and when you unlock Xander, Ryoma, Leo, and/or Takumi instantly you bench a perfectly good Paladin, Samurai, Sorceror , or archer because it doesn't matter how much better they are they don't have an op weapon that has great power,no drawbacks, and range. At least old fire emblems had weapon uses and drawbacks meaning other lord's could not lean on them.

I think the weapons are terrible. They make fighting that character a pain, and when you unlock Xander, Ryoma, Leo, and/or Takumi instantly you bench a perfectly good Paladin, Samurai, Sorceror , or archer because it doesn't matter how much better they are they don't have an op weapon that has great power,no drawbacks, and range. At least old fire emblems had weapon uses and drawbacks meaning other lord's could not lean on them.

I don't know brah, Ragnell was pretty broken.