Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

I was not very impressed by these episode, maybe that's because I never played Johto.

Also, in a world when almost everyone have at least 1 pokémon, the people of the town choose... a stone and pieces of wood against 3 Legendary pokémon?

Keep in mind this may have been before it became very common for everyone to own Pokémon, it could have been an upperclass thing to have them at that point in history.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be fair, this is Silver a good deal into his development in the games, since it's at the endgame.

Even at that point he was still a dick though, because right when you see him at the end of Victory Road and battle him, he yells at you that he beat all the trainers there and that he'll crush you.

Also, the flashback with Giovanni was obviously way before the Johto adventure.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, the flashback with Giovanni was obviously way before the Johto adventure.

It takes place shortly after Giovanni was defeated by Red (so 3 years before the events of GSC/HGSS). In fact, that flashback scene wasn't exactly an untold story as you can actually watch the cutscene in Pokemon HGSS if you own an event Celebi and bring it to Ilex Forest. Celebi also takes you to Tohjo Falls where Giovanni has been hiding, with you directly being responsible for preventing Giovanni from ever coming back to his gang during the Goldenrod Radio Tower Takeover story event.

Wood Hammer is super effective on Suicune, and Stone Edge is effective against Entei. Smart villagers.

Stone Edge? I think you mean Rock throw xD.

I think those were the best episodes yet, actually. It was nice seeing getting some of Silver's backstory, and while I haven't played Crystal - only SIlver and Gold - I really enjoyed Eusine's little story. It was actually impressive how they fleshed those things out in such a short while.

Silvers voice sounded fitting to me, and I liked his smug attitude, and in the flashback... well he sounded like a whiny kid which is fair because it was before his development.

Also Eusine is most likely voiced by Kyle Hebert, it sounds alot like him. For those who may know his voice but not his name, he voiced Adult Gohan in the Dub of Dragon Ball Z, and Kamina in Gurren Lagann's dub, among tons of other things.

Edit: fixed spelling lol

Edited by Jedi

It takes place shortly after Giovanni was defeated by Red (so 3 years before the events of GSC/HGSS). In fact, that flashback scene wasn't exactly an untold story as you can actually watch the cutscene in Pokemon HGSS if you own an event Celebi and bring it to Ilex Forest. Celebi also takes you to Tohjo Falls where Giovanni has been hiding, with you directly being responsible for preventing Giovanni from ever coming back to his gang during the Goldenrod Radio Tower Takeover story event.

I already know all of this. And what's it got to do with anything anyway? I was talking about Silver's voice in this episode, not HG/SS events.

EDIT: Kyle Hebert, not Herbert, Jedi. It only has one R. :P And really? I didn't notice! He must've done a different "voice" than he did for Freddy and Validar in Awakening.

Edited by Anacybele

I liked this episodes and I actually loved Silver's voice.

It reinforces the fact that he is still a child, sure he can be a jerk and a dick, but still a child.

A child that had the bad luck of being born as Giovanni's son. That can't be easy.

And while Silver was jerk, he's not truly a bad person.

EDIT: Kyle Hebert, not Herbert, Jedi. It only has one R. :P And really? I didn't notice! He must've done a different "voice" than he did for Freddy and Validar in Awakening.

I always add an extra r on accident.

Who is Silver's VA? I've heard him somewhere before, but it's not as blatant as it was with Lance.

It's Lucien Dodge.

He's the voice of Blue in Pokemon Origins, Dr. Victor in Bravely Default, Sin in Guilty Gear, Yamada in Danganronpa, Waver in Fate/Zero, Robin in Batman Unlimited and many others.

It's Lucien Dodge.

He's the voice of Blue in Pokemon Origins, Dr. Victor in Bravely Default, Sin in Guilty Gear, Yamada in Danganronpa, Waver in Fate/Zero, Robin in Batman Unlimited and many others.

Ah, yes! He's the voice for the MC in Dust: An Elysian Tale, and replaced Yuri Lowenthal as Sin in GG (no wonder he sounded kinda familiar- similar vocal range).

Episode 7 is released.

Courtney freaks me out.

Also is anyone else having the problem with the last seconds of the video are skipped? The SM trailer also had that problem.

Edited by Konnor97

Wut.

Well, the MC of the short is surprising, to say the least about said character.

I'm just wondering who the VA was.

I'll chalk up not enjoying this episode to not having played Sun & Moon. It just felt...uneventful?

You mean ORAS?

And it was mildly entertaining... and unnerving.

You mean ORAS?

And it was mildly entertaining... and unnerving.

Nah man, I'm a time traveler but I forgot to play Sun & Moon during my last visit to the near future. Damn.

Seriously though, yeah. I just scratched my head at most of it, waiting for it to actually begin, you know? Then the ending came.

While my version Alpha Sapphire, I did watch the Omega Ruby part, and I can say that yes, Courtney is actually a bit crazy in Omega Ruby.

Several complete text boxes of maniacal laughter about causing the end of the world because her authority figure in life is gone counts as only "a bit" crazy?

She's Yandere taken up to 13.

Anyways, her VA sounded like Cristina Vee- whose "big debut" was two roles in BlazBlue. Noel Vermillion (derisively nicknamed "Moel" at first) fits her pigeonhole, while Nu-13 is basically Courtney.

D'aww, Courtney is so cute! Though also a little creepy. :P But more so cute!

Her voice sounds kinda like Serenity in the original Yu-Gi-Oh show. I wonder if it's the same VA.

Still not use to hearing Maxie with out his Inspector Gadget like voice. One of the best episodes interms of palace between animation and voice acting. Glad I'm not the only one that finds Courtney adorable.