Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

So all of the battle intros have been datamined.

Spoilers, you know.

...Any reason for all the awkward closeups of Kukui?

Major spoilers

And to the surprise of abso'freaking NOBODY, the Aether Foundation are antagonists. One of those intros looks like they may actually use UBs to fight you.

Needless to say, kinda hype.

EDIT: Ladies, these are for you!

Dem abs

This_is_for_you_ladies.png

Dat crotch

Okay_then.png

Best of both

What_is_this.png

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes all of my willpower not to click on that video. I want some things to surprise me, but it's just so hard to wait several weeks for something you really want. Why am I such a weak, impatient man?

Uhh... don't look at my post above you, then.

Edited by The DanMan

Uhh... don't look at my post above you, then.

I shan't. I don't mind some spoilers, but I don't want the details, you know?

Knowing the Aether Foundation is antagonistic is no surprise; I just don't want to see anything that could reveal why, where the fights take place, etc..

Edited by Thane

I shan't. I don't mind some spoilers, but I don't want the details, you know?

Knowing the Aether Foundation is antagonistic is no surprise; I just don't want to see anything that could reveal why, where the fights take place, etc..

That's all I put in there besides the most awkward shots of Kukui, whose model was clearly not made for those intros.

I cracked up at the Kukui model substitution. So awkward.

But yuuuuuuuup, Aether Foundation are antagonists. And nobody was surprised.

Their logo bears resemblance to the broach Lusamine wears alongside her neckpiece.

I cracked up at the Kukui model substitution. So awkward.

But yuuuuuuuup, Aether Foundation are antagonists. And nobody was surprised.

Their logo bears resemblance to the broach Lusamine wears alongside her neckpiece.

Gladion's intro is also right after Hau's. Considering Silvally's ability and some pre-release screenshots of his Sivally using it, we have pretty solid confirmation that Gladion's our primary rival.

Gladion's intro is also right after Hau's. Considering Silvally's ability and some pre-release screenshots of his Sivally using it, we have pretty solid confirmation that Gladion's our primary rival.

Er, not sure how this relates to what I posted... but okay!

I just really, really want to watch that video...I want to see if Lusamine looks crazy before her battle.

Also, could someone tell me if you battle against Lillie? No details, no specifics, just a yes or no.

I just really, really want to watch that video...I want to see if Lusamine looks crazy before her battle.

Also, could someone tell me if you battle against Lillie? No details, no specifics, just a yes or no.

All models are replaced with Kukui, and intro sprites with Lass.

So in other words we don't know.

The reason we know about Aether battles is their symbol is in several animations.

We don't see any trainer models/sprites besides some placeholder ones. So maybe?

Oh, I see! I didn't dare to click the video. Phew, that makes it a bit easier on my nerves, then.

Replacing with Kukui actually makes the entire thing awkwardly hilarious, as the animations clearly were not designed for him.

It results in a lot of close-ups of his chest and crotch (which admittedly causes some of the animation to be missed).

Replacing with Kukui actually makes the entire thing awkwardly hilarious, as the animations clearly were not designed for him.

It results in a lot of close-ups of his chest and crotch (which admittedly causes some of the animation to be missed).

"Results in"? Clearly it was all planned, mah boi.

3bd.jpg

Er, not sure how this relates to what I posted... but okay!

Gladion, Aether Foundation, and all that stuff blends together. The video helped confirm both things- sorry if I didn't make the connection more obvious. I tend to draw connections between loosely related things.

Edited by The DanMan

Something I noticed, the pose Kukui strikes in the Aether segments is very similar to one in the rival segments, just from another angle.

[spoiler=big]bIxEvPI.png

The green one is between the Hau poses and the "Gladion clutch" while the brown is after the Gladion poses.

Make of this what you will.

I've seen speculation that the green one may actually be for Kukui. It fits too well. The last one too. The yellow one is interesting because the model is leaned back a little bit and turned clockwise a little.

Interesting thing as the Great Ball is thrown at different angles between some of the different special (model) intros.

I've seen speculation that the green one may actually be for Kukui. It fits too well. The last one too. The yellow one is interesting because the model is leaned back a little bit and turned clockwise a little.

Interesting thing as the Great Ball is thrown at different angles between some of the different special (model) intros.

The yellow is the Aether foundation one, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Kukui must be the true villain of the game. He's actually pulling the strings behind both Team Skull and the Aether Foundation, and is the ultimate mastermind behind every problem Alola has

Edited by Glaceon Mage

The yellow is the Aether foundation one, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Kukui must be the true villain of the game. He's actually pulling the strings behind both Team Skull and the Aether Foundation, and is the ultimate mastermind behind every problem Alola has

Alright. It's still interesting how the model is set up for that intro.

Along with Lass Ellie.

Edited by Konnor97

Something I noticed, the pose Kukui strikes in the Aether segments is very similar to one in the rival segments, just from another angle.

[spoiler=big]bIxEvPI.png

The green one is between the Hau poses and the "Gladion clutch" while the brown is after the Gladion poses.

Make of this what you will.

Seconding Konnor- the fact that Kukui has a battle model that can be used and has a unique animation (taking off his glasses) makes me think he'll be fightable. And the green one fits him too well.

Kukui's animations are amazing

I'm offended by the heteronormativity conveyed in that post by saying it was a treat for the ladies, when gay people, bi people, pan people, and non-binary people could enjoy it too

Either post this in the feminism topic, or keep it to yourself. This isn't the time or place for it.

Seconding Konnor- the fact that Kukui has a battle model that can be used and has a unique animation (taking off his glasses) makes me think he'll be fightable. And the green one fits him too well.

You did fight Sycamore in X&Y, so it's not a stretch to think that Kukui, who seems to be even more involved with the plot, is going to be fightable as well.

Alright, since that trailer dropped, there's something that can be brought up here but not in the other thread.

The trailer has Decidueye knowing the move Spirit Shackle, Incineroar knowing Darkness Lariat, and Primarina knowing Sparkling Aria. That's all fine and dandy, but where's Laser Shot, Throat Chop, and Aurora Veil? There's the possibilities that those are all additional signature moves like Mat Block for Greninja, those are actually for other pokemon, or the starters and other pokemon learn them. What do you guys think? I think those moves are for the starters still, just as level 1 moves like Mat Block.