Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old information, but it coccured to me just before I went to formation for a week without internet;, and no one mentioned it.

I think I figured out what the four images between the two Zygarde forms are :

Solgale's Radiant Sun and Lunala's Full Monn's phases. It feels wierd to be in between Zygrade's two forms, but that's the only place they can fit.

So with the new trailer, we see that Wishiwashi is definitely a totem pokemon. I still think that the blank dex spots are for totems, and Wishiwashi didn't have one because the School Form is already enormous, and it will probably be locked to School Form.

Looking back at the battle intros, and it does seem like some of the Trial Captains are fought. One of the intros involves feathers, making me think it's for Ben Affleck birdman. Another involves purple mist- that would fit the girl with a patchwork dress, as she seems to favor ghost types. The first one shown seems to correspond to fire types- and by extension, Kiawe.

Then the last intro of the bunch (not the last in their order in the video but the last in the order I'm covering them due to this post being kinda haphazardly thrown together) has rocks breaking away. We know there are seven trials, and it seems we know all seven trial captains- considering the background color, it would seem to correspond to normal types and therefore Ilima. But why rocks? A stylistic choice?

EDIT: As for the Kahunas, judging from the intros the two unrevealed ones seem to be steel and ground. Looks like eyebrow girl with a Mudsdale is a Kahuna afterall.

Edited by The DanMan

EDIT: As for the Kahunas, judging from the intros the two unrevealed ones seem to be steel and ground. Looks like eyebrow girl with a Mudsdale is a Kahuna afterall.

Huh. I find that weird, since she's shown in the "western" town on Akala island, which is where Olivia is.

Huh. I find that weird, since she's shown in the "western" town on Akala island, which is where Olivia is.

The color is admittedly kinda vague- it could be ground or fighting. I went with ground because we already know of a character that could fit it. Also, judging from his Crabrawler, Hala seems like he could be focused on the fighting type- but we know his intro is more orangish, because we've already seen it outside of the datamine.

Edited by The DanMan

Screw it, I'll double post. It's been over a week with no activity.

Here are images from the guy who got the game earl/reviewer who's breaking embargo.

Most interesting:

Trumbeak (Pikipek's first evo): http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478528894377.jpg

Uhh... Rowlet: https://s14.postimg.org/zdaszkfep/image.jpg

Damn you Gamefreak Dartrix: http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478529884635.jpg

That thing is slow as heck...but why? I really hope its final evolution is quicker, but I'm not holding my breath.

I basically just have this quote from the website to cling to:

"It’s up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokémon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!"

It's not outside the realm of possibility that it will change up a lot when it evolves.

EDIT: Just saw this:

1478532656666.jpg

Datamining begins any time now.

Edited by The DanMan

I basically just have this quote from the website to cling to:

"It’s up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokémon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!"

It's not outside the realm of possibility that it will change up a lot when it evolves.

One can only hope. We need more fast Grass types, honestly. Making it awkwardly balanced will just make it not able to stick out.

Anyway, I should avoid this thread; only 11 days remain and I don't want to spoil myself on potential story goodies.

Damn you Gamefreak Dartrix: http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478529884635.jpg

See that 23 Speed? That's a neutral nature, as you can tell by comparing Trumbeak's stats with the marked red and blue stats for nature. Quilladin, at level 17, with 0 IVs, 0 EVs, and a neutral nature, would have 24 speed. It's possible Dartrix has a base speed of about 55. Maybe even less as even 8 EVs would bump it up to 24 speed.

Edited by Konnor97

See that 23 Speed? That's a neutral nature, as you can tell by comparing Trumbeak's stats with the marked red and blue stats for nature. Quilladin, at level 17, with 0 IVs, 0 EVs, and a neutral nature, would have 24 speed. It's possible Dartrix has a base speed of about 55. Maybe even less as even 8 EVs would bump it up to 24 speed.

It's just so frustrating that Gamefreak would design it like this.

Dataminers have the game now- I'm desperately hoping that Decidueye sheds bulk for speed. If not then I'm going Litten. *sigh* I should've expected that grass would get screwed.

Spoiler from the TCG here so I'll still tag it

[spoiler=Massive Spoiler No Joke]Solgaleo and Lunala are Stage 2 Pokemon. Cosmog is their base form and the other one that leaked with them is the evolution.

Edited by Ema Skye

Now that I think about it, I do remember hearing that real life owls are actually rather slow fliers, It might explain why both the Hoothoot line and Rowlet line are slow.

Granted, owls can fly fast, but they prefer not to.

Also from the looks of it, the Alola starter that has the most competitive potential seems to be the Popplio line, simply because of Primarina's amazing typing. Incineroar's Darkest Lariat is also very interesting.

Edited by Water Mage

Spoiler from the TCG here so I'll still tag it

[spoiler=Massive Spoiler No Joke]Solgaleo and Lunala are Stage 2 Pokemon. Cosmog is their base form and the other one that leaked with them is the evolution.

I stuck that in the main thread under a spoiler tag.

Now that I think about it, I do remember hearing that real life owls are actually rather slow fliers, It might explain why both the Hoothoot line and Rowlet line are slow.

Granted, owls can fly fast, but they prefer not to.

Also from the looks of it, the Alola starter that has the most competitive potential seems to be the Popplio line, simply because of Primarina's amazing typing. Incineroar's Darkest Lariat is also very interesting.

Why does real life have to inconsistently effect Pokemon?

I wasn't hoping for Greninja 2.0, but I wanted something that wasn't hot garbage out of the Rowlet line.

Edited by The DanMan

I stuck that in the main thread under a spoiler tag.

Why does real life have to inconsistently effect Pokemon?

I wasn't hoping for Greninja 2.0, but I wanted something that wasn't hot garbage out of the Rowlet line.

Of course Pokemon doesn't have to always to reflect real life, but these are often fun details, and show that the developers did their research.

Of course Pokemon doesn't have to always to reflect real life, but these are often fun details, and show that the developers did their research.

Yes. They prioritized realism over gameplay.

EDIT: Okay. Apparently Decidueye outspeeds Alolan Raichu. Normal Raichu has 110 base speed- if Alolan's is comparable, then I'm okay with this.

Edited by The DanMan

EDIT: Okay. Apparently Decidueye outspeeds Alolan Raichu. Normal Raichu has 110 base speed- if Alolan's is comparable, then I'm okay with this.

Or Alola Raichu could be really slow as well. It was said that Alola Sandshrew and Alola Sandslash were slower than the regular ones.

But I do hope that it's the case.

Hopefully, Decidueye gets a boost in speed.

Or Alola Raichu could be really slow as well. It was said that Alola Sandshrew and Alola Sandslash were slower than the regular ones.

But I do hope that it's the case.

Hopefully, Decidueye gets a boost in speed.

It would have to basically have halved its speed to go from 110 to 60-ish. I'm thinking it could be about 90.

Where is this coming from, the starter evolution trailer? Because that doesn't confirm anything. They could've just edited Raichu's attack out.

Where is this coming from, the starter evolution trailer? Because that doesn't confirm anything. They could've just edited Raichu's attack out.

Why didn't I think of it that way?

*sigh* There goes my optimism.