Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Here's a poll I found over on the subreddit. Try and predict the typings of the unannounced Pokemon and see how many people are like minded.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScR3mcrq1alHxNnTJdauTvIv3mf9fjsZR2BygLRYtHPd5RCmw/viewform

147.png

'Ere you go.

That's Graveler.

[spoiler=Personal type predictions]

Grass/Flying Robinhoot

Fire/Dark Tigreatest

Water/Fairy Entermaid

Normal/Flying Pikipek2

Dark/Flying Toucan Sam

Ice/Fighting Yeti crab

Water/Poison Sea urchin and 2

Some combo of Bug/Water/Electric for those after it

Grass/Fairy Toad getting a good time from Jigglypuff

Fire/Poison Mobster seductress

Bug/Fighting Champod

Either Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Water Anchor

Psychic/Fairy, Fire/Fairy, and Ghost/Fairy Tapus

Psychic for galaxy cloud and orb (I also think cloud -> orb -> legendaries)

Either Ghost/Fairy or Dark/Fairy Marshadow

Ground/Fairy Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio

Dark Garfield

Rock/Electric Alolan Geodude line

Edited by Konnor97

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a wrench tacked onto Golem to me.

So my guess on its typing is Rock/Steel.

I gotta see it

147.png

'Ere you go.

That's Graveler, but I followed the link.

I love how the Alola Geodude line look like they have hair. Those eye brows. Shame I'm locking myself to grass types.

You know, I just read something that kinda makes sense:

"The dex pics are a marketing strat. Gamefreak learned, guys, they truly did. This demo is filled with what they intended to give to dataminers."

Literally all we have are pictures of the new 'mons and UBs. No names, stats, or abilities. It's feasible that they could've done this in an attempt to generate hype.

That would be... oddly smart of them.

"The dex pics are a marketing strat. Gamefreak learned, guys, they truly did. This demo is filled with what they intended to give to dataminers."

Literally all we have are pictures of the new 'mons and UBs. No names, stats, or abilities. It's feasible that they could've done this in an attempt to generate hype.

So basically, people are wondering if Game Freak is just trying to be ridiculously fandom-meta-savvy here?

Actually Alolan Golem seems to have what it appears to be a plug on it's back, so my guess would be Rock/Electric.

Or a taser/railgun (we can have two railgun mons and I wouldn't mind).

I think that's giving GF too much credit. I think they just either forgot/didn't bother scrubbing those pokedex sprites because they figured dataminers would give up after the Pikachu covering.

And I just double posted. Crap.

Edited by Konnor97

So wait. Looking at the pictures, there's 4 blank spaces inbetween Zygarde 10% and Complete. So... Zygarde for totem confirmed? Although that still doesn't make sense with how it's layed out...

Also there's a blank space at 000 too.

8gmUniy.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jdidUoB.png

I apologize if this is nothing new and has already been talked about.

ALSO isn't it a possibility that the legendaries' pupa forms aren't evolutions and are only forms? All the other forms are layed out the same way as evolutions, so...

Again, if this isn't anything new and I just missed it being talked about, sorry.

Edited by TrueEm

I think the blanks near Zygarde 10% are because there's a few Zygarde cores, each probably with a different color hexagon. So there can either be two more Zygarde 10%s with different colored hexagons on the 'collar' and their shiny versions (more likely) or four more Zygarde 10%s with more different colored hexagons on the 'collar' and one uniform shiny (less likely).

000.png is probably a placeholder thing (more likely) or there is a pokemon they scrubbed that doesn't have a shiny (less likely).

That's quite possible regarding the galaxy cloud and orb. More likely than one evolving into Lunaala and the other evolving into Solgaleo. The question is why they aren't both right next to their respective legendaries.

There's a few options for those who don't want to catch or train a UB:

-Don't battle it. Better yet, don't try to encounter it unless you have to or if it's a random encounter.

-Battle it only to knock it out for EXP. If they're like legendary Pokemon, you usually only have up to 1-2 battles per run and that's it. After that, you wouldn't see them again outside of maybe online play or reruns.

-If it's a forced capture (required for the story), then don't use it more than necessary and box it ASAP.

That has diddly squat to do with why I don't want them to be catchable - I want them to maintain the creepy image and have a thorough impact on the story, something I feel will be hindered - but not necessarily ruined - by them being able to be used just like any other Pokémon.

So basically, people are wondering if Game Freak is just trying to be ridiculously fandom-meta-savvy here?

I think that's giving GF too much credit. I think they just either forgot/didn't bother scrubbing those pokedex sprites because they figured dataminers would give up after the Pikachu covering.

Hence why I said "kinda believable". Probably not the case, but would be surprisingly meta if so.

Can I admit I feel a bit guilty? I wanted something similar to UB Beauty to be catchable (if only cause I loved that lovely design) but the fact it is is disappointing.

Does that make me a hypocrite? lol

Can I admit I feel a bit guilty? I wanted something similar to UB Beauty to be catchable (if only cause I loved that lovely design) but the fact it is is disappointing.

Does that make me a hypocrite? lol

Not at all. Don't let my negativity influence your views in any way - even if you're disappointed by being able to catch them, there's nothing wrong with making the best out of a situation you're not entirely happy with; I might do the same, depending on how they turn out in the story.

Huh...UB-01 always changes shapes, so what if there's actually only one Ultra Beast? Now THAT'D be a twist!

Edited by Thane

thanks for going out on me power

Not at all. Don't let my negativity influence your views in any way - even if you're disappointed by being able to catch them, there's nothing wrong with making the best out of a situation you're not entirely happy with; I might do the same, depending on how they turn out in the story.

Huh...UB-01 always changes shapes, so what if there's actually only one Ultra Beast? Now THAT'D be a twist!

I posted a long reply but I can't remember it anymore due to the power so instead:

Truth be told, I'd still prefer they not be catchable. I mean, theri designs appeal to me, and if they weren't UBs I'd be like "aw yeah I'd catch it" but I do like the idea of there just being something you can't actually catch in the series.

I'm conflicted I guess.

I might not catch them (unless it's mandatory), to be honest. They look really cool, but I would have preferred they were unobtainable, though I suppose it would have felt odd if you couldn't catch them.

They sort of remind me of the eight phases from the Dot Hack series, on a different note.

More on the topic of the amount of new pokemon in general, there's info from the most recent interviews that indirectly shed some light.

In Gens 1-3 the design process started with making sprites, with other aspects being much less of a concern. Then for Gens 4 and 5, they started focusing more on the design process. And then Gen 6 went full 3D and brought even more depth to it.

What I think can be inferred is that the reason why there are fewer new Pokemon in Gens 6 and 7 is because much more is put into designing them than in past generations, with the jump to 3D making things more complicated.

More on the topic of the amount of new pokemon in general, there's info from the most recent interviews that indirectly shed some light.

In Gens 1-3 the design process started with making sprites, with other aspects being much less of a concern. Then for Gens 4 and 5, they started focusing more on the design process. And then Gen 6 went full 3D and brought even more depth to it.

What I think can be inferred is that the reason why there are fewer new Pokemon in Gens 6 and 7 is because much more is put into designing them than in past generations, with the jump to 3D making things more complicated.

I suspected that of Gen 6 because they had to make 3D sprites for EVERY Pokemon, new and old. I feel like it's less justified in Gen 7 however.

I don't think making literally just a 3D toucan or giving the pre-existing Persian model a Meowth head counts as putting more effort into it.

I do agree with the general idea, and maybe I can pass it just for the fact that they had to make such an intensive new overworld since it's off the grid system, but still.

Edited by TrueEm

It's a yeti crab. I'd be surprised if it didn't gain Ice typing. Yeah Ice types get shafted often, but I have hope. Also Crabrawler's entry on the site says it aims for higher position both socially and literally. So I'm assuming that some Crabrawler climb up to the tops of snowy mountains, reaching the peak of their training, figuratively and literally. It evolves in the snowy mountains, and it's boxing gloves become those boxing pads to train other Crabrawler now that it has retired.

As for Litten3, there's the heel wrestler stuff (being based on Tiger Mask, a famous heel wrestler, the concept art page with it spitting something at the opponent and using its belt for a sneak attack) and Torracat's entry on the site says it "attacks so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight." Also if we assume that those moves that were unscrubbed in the demo (Laser Shot, Throat Chop, and Aurora Veil) are the starters' signature moves, a rather safe assumption, Throat Chop is the dirtiest/darkest move you can have outside of Crotch Kick.

Now I could be wrong on both of those, and if I am I'd be the first to admit it.

Yeah sorry if I seemed a little aggressive with the statement against it, it could very well be Fire/Dark, but I'm honestly not sure.

But from what you've said, its very possible.

Yeah sorry if I seemed a little aggressive with the statement against it, it could very well be Fire/Dark, but I'm honestly not sure.

But from what you've said, its very possible.

It's no problem. I didn't even recognize it as aggressive.

I'm still not sure at what I'd make a team, but I want an Alolan Dugtrio just to make Dragon Ball jokes

It's no problem. I didn't even recognize it as aggressive.

Haha, all is good then, I thought I sounded more like

"ITS NOT FIRE/DARK AND I'M GONNA GIVE BARELY ANY REASONS WHY"

:P:

Speaking of Alolan Dugtrio, its hair may be based off of Pele's Hair, which is volcanic fibers that get blown around, becoming very thin. It should be handled with good gloves though, as it is volcanic fiberglass. Pele is the Hawaiian goddess of volcanoes.

Edited by Konnor97