Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Edit: Also, dear GameFreak, people actually liked Gen V, surprise surprise, now stop shafting it.

Erm, I'm not really following the datamined leaks that closely, but...how is Gen V getting shafted, exactly?

Unless this is more stuff about Ge I getting too much attention.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, this is about making more money out of Pokémon go

I mean come on: I know this is the 20 anniversary but even that's not an excuse for making the alolan forms only gen1.

Also welp for the starters, either I pick another one or I use an everstone on Torracat

Edited by Nym

Nah, this is about making more money out of Pokémon go

I mean come on: I know this is the 20 anniversary but even that's not an excuse for making the alolan forms only gen1.

Also welp for the starters, either I pick another one or I use an everstone on Torracat

Most people who were playing Pokemon Go aren't going to shell out $200+ for a system and the newest pokemon game just because there's some stuff they recognize.

EDIT: So, exactly how many new 'mons are there? If there's 143 new ones counting forms but less than 100 actual new ones, what does that mean?

DOUBLE EDIT: Checked the videos and did a count. Not including Ultra Beasts and Alolan Forms, there's 70. 70.

Remember when we could anticipate 100 new 'mons a generation? *sigh*

Edited by The DanMan

Erm, I'm not really following the datamined leaks that closely, but...how is Gen V getting shafted, exactly?

Unless this is more stuff about Ge I getting too much attention.

Yeah I'm just annoyed Gen 1 got all the pandering in both xy and here.

Gen V's Pokémon got less attention in Gen VI (their only mega was Audino, and that didn't get added until ORAS) and it feels like the trend of only paying attention to the first three gens, especially I, is continuing.

Yeah I'm just annoyed Gen 1 got all the pandering in both xy and here.

Gen V's Pokémon got less attention in Gen VI (their only mega was Audino, and that didn't get added until ORAS) and it feels like the trend of only paying attention to the first three gens, especially I, is continuing.

There's always the supposed Gen4 remakes, when Gen5 might get more love.

So, X and Y had 69 new 'mons and 20 megas.

Looking at things elsewhere, Sun and Moon seem to have 73 new 'mons, 18 Alolan Forms, and 8 Ultra Beasts (which have shiny forms- may or may mean nothing).

It's 89 vs 99.

What's frustrating is the amount of single stage 'mons (seriously? Komala doesn't evolve and is forever doomed to be early-game junk?).

It's probably a good thing less Pokémon are being added each gen. It can be hard to remember all ~790.

Thing is, dataminers are saying there's some stuff missing. They think it's just Totem 'mons, but I find it odd that preview events noted that there were all-new Pokemon that they couldn't talk about in the first two hours of gameplay... and yet the first chunk of the dex (which is almost always ordered in the way that you encounter them) has no new pokemon.

Just did the calculations: Gen V added more new Pokemon (discounting forms and UBs) than Gens VI and VII combined.

EDIT: Okay, final dex number is 803. We've seen 73 new 'mons and with 8 UBs, that makes hings 81. 6th gen bumped things up to 722. 803-722=81. Guess our Ultra Beast theories may get thrown out the window.

Edited by The DanMan

So the starter leak ended up being true? A shame that we're getting our fourth fire/fighting type. I'm also not really happy with how Poplio turned out. I expected a circus theme instead of a mermaid Idol/performer. Rowlet still looks great though.

The new Alolan forms are ok. A bit dissapointed with Persian and a little bit confused about Golem. I thought only two stage pokemon would be getting Alolan forms. I do hope they realise there are still trash pokemon from other generations that are dying for Alolan forms though. Ariados, Ledyba, Corsola and a few from other gens mostly.

Also whats the deal with the new Paralysis. I heard it was changed, but not in what way.

So the starter leak ended up being true? A shame that we're getting our fourth fire/fighting type. I'm also not really happy with how Poplio turned out. I expected a circus theme instead of a mermaid Idol/performer. Rowlet still looks great though.

It's fire/dark.

The notes say it uses underhanded tactics, and fighting is basically hero type in Japan while dark is literally evil type.

Sorry if I sound snippy, but I've made basically the same post about this a dozen different times in different places.

Dang, eight Ultra Beasts? I really didn't think there would be that many, and if there are shiny forms they might be catchable, although I'm hoping they're still encounter-only, otherwise they'd be cheaper versions of legendaries.

I just hope they choose to do something cool with the Ultra Beasts story-wise, but it'd be hard to focus on eight of them. Then again, it's possible that only a few of them appear in both versions like UB-01, since UB-02 have two forms.

Dang, eight Ultra Beasts? I really didn't think there would be that many, and if there are shiny forms they might be catchable, although I'm hoping they're still encounter-only, otherwise they'd be cheaper versions of legendaries.

I just hope they choose to do something cool with the Ultra Beasts story-wise, but it'd be hard to focus on eight of them. Then again, it's possible that only a few of them appear in both versions like UB-01, since UB-02 have two forms.

Version exclusives bring it down to seven, and I'd wager that at least one more would be exclusive- bringing it to 6 per game. Plus, if they really are like RPG superbosses than there's probably one saved for the postgame or something.

Also, judging from the final dex number being 803 and the number needed to get there is 81 (Gen VI left things at 722), it looks like UBs are indeed Pokemon (722 + 73 = 795, 722 + 81 = 803).

I imagine that the shiny are actually placeholders.

Remember that a lot of legendary Pokemon had shiny forms but you couldn't get ingame such as Xerneas and Yvetal.

Version exclusives bring it down to seven, and I'd wager that at least one more would be exclusive- bringing it to 6 per game. Plus, if they really are like RPG superbosses than there's probably one saved for the postgame or something.

Also, judging from the final dex number being 803 and the number needed to get there is 81 (Gen VI left things at 722), it looks like UBs are indeed Pokemon (722 + 73 = 795, 722 + 81 = 803).

I remain unconvinced; people expected them to be considered as Pokémon in-game but not actually catchable, or has something come up that challenges that theory? This just sounds like it's in line with people's expectations.

I imagine that the shiny are actually placeholders.

Remember that a lot of legendary Pokemon had shiny forms but you couldn't get ingame such as Xerneas and Yvetal.

But they were distributed later.

Okay, apparently there are 7 blank slots in the dex, illustrated here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvDFzp_WIAAr5i2.jpg (yes, Ultra Beasts count. What a shame.).

Exact counts for the Alolan dex vary, but what I can say for certain is that there are more Kanto Pokemon in it than there are Alolan Pokemon in it. Just... why?

I remain unconvinced; people expected them to be considered as Pokémon in-game but not actually catchable, or has something come up that challenges that theory? This just sounds like it's in line with people's expectations.

They seem to actually count in the Pokedex, coming right after legendaries but before mythicals/event legendaries. They have battle spot sprites (which is what all the images that people have found are for)- which they wouldn't have unless you could use them there, which means that you can catch them.

Edited by The DanMan

But they were distributed later.

Okay, apparently there are 7 blank slots in the dex, illustrated here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvDFzp_WIAAr5i2.jpg (yes, Ultra Beasts count. What a shame.).

Exact counts for the Alolan dex vary, but what I can say for certain is that there are more Kanto Pokemon in it than there are Alolan Pokemon in it. Just... why?

That does make me worried, but I'll choose to try and remain optimistic. That said, the demo was pretty boring and now this...I don't know, but I feel as if my hype has died out a little bit. Making the Ultra Beasts just odd-looking Pokémon would remove the mystery and the eldritch air about them. With any luck, they're just registered on the Pokédex after you've defeated them or something like that.

That does make me worried, but I'll choose to try and remain optimistic. That said, the demo was pretty boring and now this...I don't know, but I feel as if my hype has died out a little bit. Making the Ultra Beasts just odd-looking Pokémon would remove the mystery and the eldritch air about them. With any luck, they're just registered on the Pokédex after you've defeated them or something like that.

Knowing what the ORAS demo was like, I'm not even planning to touch this one- I'm going to save my first impressions for the game itself.

I'm just not sure why Gamefreak feels the need to flood the Pokedex with tons of old Pokemon- we got along just fine with 200-ish (or less) before.

And the fact that Ultra Beasts are probably just glorified legendaries kinda kills their mystery (and a lot of theories).

I expected the datamine to get me more hyped, but it has largely tempered my expectations (no split forms for the final starter evos? What's their secret, then?).

Everything points towards Sun and Moon being better than X and Y, but I suppose my hopes for it being Gen V to Kalos' Gen IV were a bit too much.

Unless the mon is absurdly shitty, i'm expecting the mon who gets aurora veil to be banned in like 6 months into Sun and Mon XY

Smogon won't lets that kind of Hyper Offense BS around for long lol

They might ban the move instead, like they banned moody, instead of the Pokemon who gets them.

I expected the datamine to get me more hyped, but it has largely tempered my expectations (no split forms for the final starter evos? What's their secret, then?).

Same here. Odd, that. With any luck, the dataminers missed a few things, and the game can be incredible even with a few setbacks or unmet expectations.

I just hope the story is good and that the Ultra Beasts are not just cheaper legendaries. I mean, there has to be a reason why they're called Ultra Beasts and are not shown with any accompanying type or ability - sure, maybe it's to keep it secret until the game actually launches for whatever reason, but then why the special definition? I'll choose to believe they're encounter-only until someone reveals they've got typings.

As someone on Reddit pointed out, Pokéstar Studios' Pokémon had shiny versions as well, as did AZ's Floette, so there's a glimmer of hope.

Also, there's this:

[spoiler=All Ultra Beasts]9GkYNLhSRGKZrWF65foETWhUfHNUIeI1O2p91Mgl

Edited by Thane

I'm getting a 4th gen vibe here where we get a boatload of legendaries and offshoots from past generations. As much as I like gen 1, they're getting overexposure here and most of them save for maybe Sandslash look worse in their Aloan forms.

Same here. Odd, that. With any luck, the dataminers missed a few things, and the game can be incredible even with a few setbacks or unmet expectations.

I just hope the story is good and that the Ultra Beasts are not just cheaper legendaries. I mean, there has to be a reason why they're called Ultra Beasts and are not shown with any accompanying type or ability - sure, maybe it's to keep it secret until the game actually launches for whatever reason, but then why the special definition? I'll choose to believe they're encounter-only until someone reveals they've got typings.

As someone on Reddit pointed out, Pokéstar Studios' Pokémon had shiny versions as well, as did AZ's Floette, so there's a glimmer of hope.

Also, there's this:

[spoiler=All Ultra Beasts]9GkYNLhSRGKZrWF65foETWhUfHNUIeI1O2p91Mgl

Okay, Hala is stretching things here and I still don't see a solid connection between Gladion and Absorption. But it looks like I'm going to refer to one of those things as Guzmania.

They look so freaky and alien that simply being legendaries would be massive cop-out. There has to be more to them.

I'm getting a 4th gen vibe here where we get a boatload of legendaries and offshoots from past generations. As much as I like gen 1, they're getting overexposure here and most of them save for maybe Sandslash look worse in their Aloan forms.

You don't like Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales?

Well, I can't say I'm disappointed to be quite honest. I guess I just don't care as much as you guys do.

I am disappointed that the dex is a little small actually, but whatever.

also im salty they removed stats

Well, I can't say I'm disappointed to be quite honest. I guess I just don't care as much as you guys do.

I am disappointed that the dex is a little small actually, but whatever.

also im salty they removed stats

300+ is a little small? Or are you talking about the amount of new Pokemon total?

And at least Showdown won't have these up before they officially release.