Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

The new Mega change seems meh considering top 5 or so mega benefits from it more than the worse ones making it a weird case where the better gets better

And yeah Mega Camerupt is a shame. Its hilariously powerful but then you remember its possible to get Mega Camerupt power level without being that slow.

Like in RU Emboar have same power level and 40 more speed

Its still much better than trash like M Latios i guess

Edited by JSND

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to have a mega and a Z-power user in the same team? The only Mega stone I have in Moon is Alakazite (gift postgame), and I don't have an Alakazam (nor can trade for one obv) to test it on.

I like how the game's now not all about speed in Sun/Moon. Many of the available Pokemon in Alola have low to subpar speed, so the game's not all about outspeeding and OHKOing everything anymore, unlike every other Pokemon game starting with DPPt (I think Hoenn was the only other region where bulk mattered as much as it does in S/M). The seven island trials also have to be the embodiment of strategy emphasised more than ever in a Pokemon game.

Is it possible to have a mega and a Z-power user in the same team? The only Mega stone I have in Moon is Alakazite (gift postgame), and I don't have an Alakazam (nor can trade for one obv) to test it on.

I like how the game's now not all about speed in Sun/Moon. Many of the available Pokemon in Alola have low to subpar speed, so the game's not all about outspeeding and OHKOing everything anymore, unlike every other Pokemon game starting with DPPt (I think Hoenn was the only other region where bulk mattered as much as it does in S/M). The seven island trials also have to be the embodiment of strategy emphasised more than ever in a Pokemon game.

You are allowed a mega and a Z-power user on the same team. Also Rayquaza has to choose between Mega or Z-Move, it can't have both.

---------- Isle Evelup ----------

This is the name of the island in the Poke Pelago that lets you train EVs. It also allows you to gain experience, but that's not the point of this and I didn't test it. First I'll explain how it works.

At level 1, you can have one "group" train. A group is 1-6 Pokemon from your boxes. You place some Pokemon into the group then select a drink/training regimen. The options are exp and the six stats. Then you select an amount of "play sessions" which each take 30 minutes. By using Poke Beans, you can speed things up. Things move at double speed while Poke Beans are in effect, meaning while using Poke Beans you can shorten sessions to 15 minutes each.

At level 2 you unlock a second group, at level 3 you'll unlock a third group. This means that at level 3, you can have three different types of training sessions going on at once with up to 6 Pokemon in each. A Pokemon can only be in one group, so you can't train one in three different ways at the same time.

"But what about the EV rate?" you ask? Well, at level 1 you'll receive 1 EV in the stat per "play session" so every 15/30 minutes you'll earn 1 EV. At level 2 this changes to 2 EVs and, while I haven't checked this because I don't have the beans to reach level 3 yet, I'm assuming level 3 will be 3 EVs.

With the doubled speed provided by using poke beans, that means you'd get 4, 8 or 12 EVs per hour depending on the level of your island. Without the speed boost, you'll get 2, 4 or 6 per hour. So... yeah...

Moving on!

EV Training got a bit more... complicated.

This is the name of the island in the Poke Pelago that lets you train EVs. It also allows you to gain experience, but that's not the point of this and I didn't test it. First I'll explain how it works.

At level 1, you can have one "group" train. A group is 1-6 Pokemon from your boxes. You place some Pokemon into the group then select a drink/training regimen. The options are exp and the six stats. Then you select an amount of "play sessions" which each take 30 minutes. By using Poke Beans, you can speed things up. Things move at double speed while Poke Beans are in effect, meaning while using Poke Beans you can shorten sessions to 15 minutes each.

At level 2 you unlock a second group, at level 3 you'll unlock a third group. This means that at level 3, you can have three different types of training sessions going on at once with up to 6 Pokemon in each. A Pokemon can only be in one group, so you can't train one in three different ways at the same time.

"But what about the EV rate?" you ask? Well, at level 1 you'll receive 1 EV in the stat per "play session" so every 15/30 minutes you'll earn 1 EV. At level 2 this changes to 2 EVs and, while I haven't checked this because I don't have the beans to reach level 3 yet, I'm assuming level 3 will be 3 EVs.

With the doubled speed provided by using poke beans, that means you'd get 4, 8 or 12 EVs per hour depending on the level of your island. Without the speed boost, you'll get 2, 4 or 6 per hour. So... yeah...

Moving on!

It can be sorta useful over night. Pack a pokemon in, speed up the time with a poke bean, go to sleep for 8 hours, and bam you have 1-18 pokemon up like 96 EVs for no effort.

Or you can just beat up pokemon like the pre-Gen 6 days. SOS battles can probably help with that, and you might even run into a shiny.

It can be sorta useful over night. Pack a pokemon in, speed up the time with a poke bean, go to sleep for 8 hours, and bam you have 1-18 pokemon up like 96 EVs for no effort.

Or you can just beat up pokemon like the pre-Gen 6 days. SOS battles can probably help with that, and you might even run into a shiny.

Still not quite as useful for single pokemon as Super Training was. The good ol' denizens of gamefaqs (where I saw this) are non too pleased, and I can kinda see why.

Speaking of which, I've started creating a theme song for Gamefaqs:

Everything is awful/everything blows when you're part of our team/everything is awful/so we're shitting on things

...Heck, that's kinda the internet in general.

Moving on!

Good heavens, that's slow.

Super Training may have required active participation from the player, but at least it was fairly quick.

Moving on!

While I like the concept of grouping pokemon to train one stat, the time it requires is awfully high. How much would I spend to train a dozen pokemon? Like, days or a week? That's not a good idea when you want a full trained pokemon and ready to battle in a day or two, so gg.

I think I'll dump vitamins or use the power items and train like gen IV. Whelp

Lets be honest though the real big thing that would makes EV training a mess this gen would really be the lack of Hordes or anything simmilar to hordes. Its the one big thing that makes Gen 6 EV training a much faster process than every other gen

Granted Super Training was rad for in game EV development. I seriously wish the Join Avenue thing is actually really good

Edited by JSND

Lets be honest though the real big thing that would makes EV training a mess this gen would really be the lack of Hordes or anything simmilar to hordes. Its the one big thing that makes Gen 6 EV training a much faster process than every other gen

Granted Super Training was rad for in game EV development. I seriously wish the Join Avenue thing is actually really good

I've heard it's max EVs to one stat.

The lack of hordes is the same reason there's no triple battles- instead of working to optimize the 6th engine, GF pushed it and upgraded it even further.

Remember when I said Anabel probably uses the ORAS version of the Hoenn Frontier Brain theme?

About that...

She apparently uses the Emerald version. No instrument updates or anything, straight up the Emerald version.

So you guys see in the wild encounters listing the multiple tables and slots? Well with evidence I've compiled from other people's experience, I have an idea on what's up. So let's start with the known. When you use an Adrenaline Orb to trigger an SOS battle, the opposing pokemon can call for help if they are at low health. The called pokemon tends be that same pokemon as the caller. Sometimes however the pokemon called is different, whether it be an evolution or a predator/prey relationship. I've seen images of the former (Magikarp and Gyarados, Pancham and Pangoro), and I know the second is one of the most reliable ways to get Mareanie (Corsola) and Sableye (Carbink). I've had an anon confirm that he's seen a Cleffa call a Chansey, which are both unrelated and not in a predator/prey relationship. Now from what I see in the tables, Magikarp, Pancham, Corsola, Carbink, and Cleffa appear in slot 1, while the special pokemon they call have been in other slots. They are in the same 'spot' in the equivalent slots. Now this may be a coincidence, but I highly doubt that.

I think that when you encounter a pokemon in a certain table set, it is a slot 1 encounter. When a pokemon calls for help, it tends to favor picking a pokemon in the same slot, but sometimes it goes to a different slot in an equivalent spot. That would explain all of those different pokemon from SOS battles. Now I would like some evidence from people with the game, here and elsewhere.

Have you encountered a non slot 1 pokemon (Pikachu and Happiny in route 1, Shelgon/Salamence in route 3, Mareanie through fishing(that's how you get it, right?)) on its own?

What happens in tables that have slots with different amounts of pokemon? Table 3 (Day and Night) of Route 1 is a good example, as in slot 1 we have Yungoos/Ratatta (30%), Pikipek (20%), Bonsly (15%), Ledyba/Spinarak (10%), Metapod (10%), Caterpie (10%), Munchlax (5%), and in slot 6 we have Yungoos/Ratatta (30%), Caterpie (20%), Happiny (20%), Pikipek (20%), Ledyba/Spinarak (10%). It seems like Caterpie and Metapod combine for slot 6, both calling Caterpie, but Happiny's 20% comes out of nowhere, except for the missing 15% for Bonsly and 5% for Munchlax. I want to know if Bonsly and/or Munchlax can call Happiny. EDIT: Confirmed. Someone has had a Bonsly on route 3 call both Sudowoodo and Happiny.

Edited by Konnor97

Remember when I said Anabel probably uses the ORAS version of the Hoenn Frontier Brain theme?

About that...

She apparently uses the Emerald version. No instrument updates or anything, straight up the Emerald version.

There was an ORAS version?

So I got info from an anon that Bonsly in route 3 can call both Sudowoodo and Happiny, so that solves that mystery.

Now I just need to know if someone has encountered a slot 2-8 pokemon on its own, without being called.

What are sos battles?

The new battle type that wild pokemon that are below 50% HP and aren't statused can trigger. They call for help, and another pokemon appears, making it a 2 v 1 battle. This is how you chain now, and higher chained reinforcements can have better IVs, their hidden abilities, are more likely to be shiny, and give more EVs (apparently).

Whoa cool, are these battles available in the demo?

There is one example, and it's the final battle against Totem Hakamo-o. I forget if it summons Lillipup or Rockruff. I just know it's partner has Odor Sleuth to cancel out Greninja's Double-Team.

There is one example, and it's the final battle against Totem Hakamo-o. I forget if it summons Lillipup or Rockruff. I just know it's partner has Odor Sleuth to cancel out Greninja's Double-Team.

Those are Totem Battles, I guess they are different.

Btw, I've been wondering where and when do we get Nature Power in Sun/Moon? I ask because I used it during ORAS and it was tons of cool and useful on my Sceptile. Seeing him launch Hydro Pump, Power Gem, Energy Ball and Tri Attack was awesome.

Also, with the Terrain abilities, I think it'll be nice to see some [insert type here] Terrain + Nature's Power to throw some good moves from Pokemon that can't use them originally. Idk imagine a Grass mon on Electric Terrain using Thunderbolt on a flying type or something.

Those are Totem Battles, I guess they are different.

Btw, I've been wondering where and when do we get Nature Power in Sun/Moon? I ask because I used it during ORAS and it was tons of cool and useful on my Sceptile. Seeing him launch Hydro Pump, Power Gem, Energy Ball and Tri Attack was awesome.

Also, with the Terrain abilities, I think it'll be nice to see some [insert type here] Terrain + Nature's Power to throw some good moves from Pokemon that can't use them originally. Idk

imagine a Grass mon on Electric Terrain using Thunderbolt on a flying type or something.

A totem battle is still technically an SOS battle. It summons an ally, just at the beginning instead of when it's almost dying.

EVs - The Festival Plaza (FREE, INSTANT EV MAXING)

>One of the booth types in the Plaza is a shop that sells EV boosting drinks (for Festival Coins - FC - basically Poke Miles). At the highest level, these shops sell drinks that can fully maximize a stat.

>The shops can sell multiple EV maxing drinks ("Max HP", "Max Def" etc.) but you can only buy each drink once a day per shop (meaning that you could buy both the HP and the Def drink in one day).

>You can have up to 7 booths in your Plaza, and they can be duplicates of one another. In other words, in the best case scenario, YOU CAN *INSTANTLY* MAXIMIZE EACH STAT UP TO 7 TIMES PER DAY

>"hurr but how do i get a good booth" - You can check what booths both random players and friends have and clone their booths to your plaza. In other words, if someone gets a good booth, it can spread like Pokerus. Just add someone with it and its yours. Quick and easy.

>"hurr what if i only want 128 EVs" - There are medium and small size drinks as well in lower tier shops.

So this is a new part of Festival Plaza.

I may actually do competitive wifi battling now.

Edited by Ema Skye

A totem battle is still technically an SOS battle. It summons an ally, just at the beginning instead of when it's almost dying.

The Totem mon is always guaranteed to summon an ally successfully (and I think it's the same ones each time too). The wildmons have a chance that depends on their HP.