Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Ahahah! Sun got the best of the bunch! Glad to have Flygon, Whimsicott, Ninetails and Garchomp in my version!

I'll take Metagross and Lilligant any day over Flygon and Whimsicott. Don't care about Garchomp, but... dang I need an Alolan Vulpix.

I believe it's something like this:

Sun: Ninetales, Flygon, Garchomp, Rampardos, Carracosta, Braviary, Whimsicott, Passimian, Turtonator, Solgaleo, Buzzwole

Moon: Sandslash, Goodra, Metacross, Bastiodon, Archeops, Mandibuzz, Lilligant, Oranguru, Drampa, Lunala, Pheromosa

Lycanroc formes aren't actually exclusive as you can catch the other form in the wild later on.

...Wait... why are there wild fossil pokemon? That kinda doesn't make sense.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I'm more pleased with the Moon exclusives, and that's the game I'm getting, so that's good. Disappointed about Vulpix/Ninetales, but my husband and a good friend of mine are both getting Sun, so I'll be able to trade for one (and get my own nickname, too).

Ey, what's this? A gamefaqs link from me that isn't about cringe factor?

List of the earliest encounters for every new pokemon + Alolan Forms, with Trials and other events put in place to give a better idea.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74545704

Kirbydude385, you have done a great service.

Thanks! Kinda sad there's no Misdreavus there. I wonder if it's post game or such.

Anyways I think my team is set as follows:

1st island: Rowlet, Grubbin

2nd island: Dartrix, Charjabug and Salandit

3rd island: Decidueye, Vikavolt, Salazzle, Oranguru and Palossand.

Right before league I might get Drampa, but I think these five are enough.

Misdreavus is in Hau'oli Cemetary, which is before the first trial / kahuna iirc. Gastly, Drifloon (haven't encountered; pity because an NPC offers money for catching one - a recurring trend in the game) and I think Zubat are in the same area.

Actually, the GameFAQs list is bad lol! I'd have started work on my own (as I'm working on a few similar-ish resource things), but I'm never sure what the full list of Pokemon in an area is - the text dumps don't make much sense to me - what are "tables"? Why does only one table out of eight say Gyarados has a 30% of being fished out in like every other are earlygame (no chance in the other seven)?

I believe it's something like this:

Sun: Ninetales, Flygon, Garchomp, Rampardos, Carracosta, Braviary, Whimsicott, Passimian, Turtonator, Solgaleo, Buzzwole

Moon: Sandslash, Goodra, Metacross, Bastiodon, Archeops, Mandibuzz, Lilligant, Oranguru, Drampa, Lunala, Pheromosa

Lycanroc formes aren't actually exclusive as you can catch the other form in the wild later on.

Ah, thankfully I have friends who can get me some of the Sun mons i want. Like Flygon.

Or I can just transfer mine from Omega Ruby over..

Misdreavus is in Hau'oli Cemetary, which is before the first trial / kahuna iirc. Gastly, Drifloon (haven't encountered; pity because an NPC offers money for catching one - a recurring trend in the game) and I think Zubat are in the same area.

Actually, the GameFAQs list is bad lol! I'd have started work on my own (as I'm working on a few similar-ish resource things), but I'm never sure what the full list of Pokemon in an area is - the text dumps don't make much sense to me - what are "tables"? Why does only one table out of eight say Gyarados has a 30% of being fished out in like every other are earlygame (no chance in the other seven)?

Oh nice! Then plan A will succeed. Question: is Hau'Oli Cemetery far from the starting point of the game? I assume by that time I'll have like a lv. 20 Dartrix or something.

The main purpose of burn was to cripple physical attackers though. The damage was a nice bonus but if you were looking to wittle a mon down via status, you would go with toxic, which pretty well everything has access to. I mean I guess this makes it a bit better for if you switch a special attacker or tank in to absorb a burn for a physical attacker, since the residual damage will be lower, but it's not an overly relevant change unless burn's effect of halving attack is altered.

Oh nice! Then plan A will succeed. Question: is Hau'Oli Cemetery far from the starting point of the game? I assume by that time I'll have like a lv. 20 Dartrix or something.

Not very far at all. The wild Pokemon levels are up to lv. 10, which is what your team should roughly be. I've had Exp Share turned off for most of the game though.

Somewhat poorer news though, 3/4ths of the main storyline in, I still haven't found a Dusk Stone. Who knows though, I may have not looked well enough.

Not very far at all. The wild Pokemon levels are up to lv. 10, which is what your team should roughly be. I've had Exp Share turned off for most of the game though.

Somewhat poorer news though, 3/4ths of the main storyline in, I still haven't found a Dusk Stone. Who knows though, I may have not looked well enough.

Cool. If anything, I'll just have to trade it or something. Can i upload a pokemon with a Dusk Stone to the Pokemon Bank and then get it through Moon? I've never used Bank.

Also yeah, Burn's main purpose is to cripple the Attck stat, the reduction of damage is ok imo. Btw, what if Toxic gets buffed and cripples SpAttck?

Toxic is just too widespread to give it the same sort of effect. Special Attackers would become practically useless, physical attackers can manage despite burn because it's relatively rare.

? Every single water type under the sun (and quite a few non water-types) can learn Scald. While it's not instaburn, it's a very real threat. Plus W-o-W appears on most ghost types. I wouldn't quite call that "rare".

Relative is compared to toxic. Scald burns and burns from fire type attacks are lowish roll success chances, and even will-o-wisp is only 75% accurate, to go along with it's somewhat restricted distribution. Obviously it's out there, but toxic is massively more widespread.

Relative is compared to toxic. Scald burns and burns from fire type attacks are lowish roll success chances, and even will-o-wisp is only 75% accurate, to go along with it's somewhat restricted distribution. Obviously it's out there, but toxic is massively more widespread.

True.

Anyways... Gamefaqs, you never cease to amuse me.

Topic: How do you feel about Ultra Beasts?

25%: I hate them

75%: I love them

-"The mass public who still probably don't even know about the datamine are going to see them when they play the game and collectively say 'why'."

-"Look at all the backlash they've gotten."

-"More people will dislike them when they play the game and actually see and learn about them. Wouldn't surprise me if they just drop the concept and lore completely after maybe one sequel due to backlash."

-"The poll in this thread is only about double the people that hate. That's only 2/3 of each person that plays the game likes them. That's a massive amount of people that hate them.

Out of a million people, 600,000 like, 300,000 hate, that's not overwhelmingly positive, it means you've really screwed up. No pokemon gets THAT much mixed reception."

Wow... just, wow... .

True.

-"The mass public who still probably don't even know about the datamine are going to see them when they play the game and collectively say 'why'."

-"More people will dislike them when they play the game and actually see and learn about them. Wouldn't surprise me if they just drop the concept and lore completely after maybe one sequel due to backlash."

-"The poll in this thread is only about double the people that hate. That's only 2/3 of each person that plays the game likes them. That's a massive amount of people that hate them.

Out of a million people, 600,000 like, 300,000 hate, that's not overwhelmingly positive, it means you've really screwed up. No pokemon gets THAT much mixed reception."

Wow... just, wow... .

>No Pokémon gets that much mixed reception

Do these guys even look at the fandom.

>No Pokémon gets that much mixed reception

Do these guys even look at the fandom.

It takes a lot of work to look at ones' own self, it seems.

I used to get mad at the lunacy there, but now it's just plain hilarious.

True.

Wow... just, wow... .

>Out of a million people, 600,000 like, 300,000 hate, that's not overwhelmingly positive, it means you've really screwed up.

Does this means that BW are the most disappointing and worst pokémon games created by GF? Because I remember that these games weren't and still aren't very loved, especially back in 2011 and 2012, when the fanbase was much more splitted than now.

Burn damage nerf is actually huge because in reality people didnt really run Poison unless they are forced to and how some stall mon works

And crippling physical attacker very quickly become a secondary function of Burn. Its Keldeo burning Venusaur and Tangrowth that become the main thing sometimes

Taking 16 turn isntead of 8 for Stall Mew to beat up something is really huge too.

Edited by JSND