Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

>Trubbish is in the Regional Pokédex

I never noticed this before.

Seriously what's the point of Alola Grimer.

Dat Genwunner money.

Anyways, on a lighter note, have Oranguru's Moon 'dex description:

Deep in the jungle, high in the lofty canopy, this Pokémon abides. On rare occasions, it shows up at the beach to match wits with Slowking.

I want fanart of this.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh she has to be older than she looks plotwise to avoid the implication she

had Lillie and Gladion as a 12 y/o

but still lol Lusamine's appearance makes no sense.Edit @Megadex: RIP Power of Friendship.

WHAT

wtf is GF promoting with this? Kids having kids. I can't even... :facepalm:

Has anyone theorized any possible setups for new gen poke? It seems there are a lot of Venoshock these days.

WHAT

Has anyone theorized any possible setups for new gen poke? It seems there are a lot of Venoshock these days.

We don't know her actual age, just that Lillie and Gladion are both her biological kids. She certainly LOOKS 22 or so... but is probably a quite a bit older since she has two young teenagers for children.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

WHAT

No, she's saying that Lusamine looks super young, so they kinda have to say her age to avoid said implications.

We don't know her actual age, just that Lillie and Gladion are both her biological kids. She certainly LOOKS 22 or so... but is probably a quite a bit older since she has two teenagers for children.

Er, did you miss the

"I'm already over 40!"

quote from earlier?

Edited by Emerson

Why? what is wrong with Mega Beedrill?

"Hey we make this min max stats thing and its still shit"

"That means making min max stats mon is OK"

And it goes downhill from there

And the Mega Beedril archetype that plagues Mega Evo in general is a mistake to begin with

X-Ate is in a weird place where its a good idea done wrong. I suppose once we get Water X-Ate or by going through each mon one by one it would be WAY easier to explain, but point is, when you think about the numbers quality of the converted move X-Ate isn't a 30% damage boost but sometimes even closer to 60% or even 95% in some cases,

Edited by JSND

No, she's saying that Lusamine looks super young, so they kinda have to say her age to avoid said implications.

Er, did you miss the

"I'm already over 40!"

quote from earlier?

No I got it, just that it's kinda a vague thing to say. Point taken though.

Other stuff I wanted to bring up:

Froslass sounds incredible this gen. It gets Will-o-Wisp now alongside Aurora Veil, and it already got Spikes. It sounds like a really good support mon now that I want to use. - Shit, never mind. Aurora Veil can only be used in Hail, so that makes Ninetales the only good user.

Burn Up Arcanine removes it's Fire type on use, which will give it STAB ESpeed and a better defensive typing.

Diancie finally gets Power Gem.

Lulzy moreso than anything else, but Swords Dance + Simple + Aqua Jet Bibarel

Dragon Dance Flygon gives it /something/ over Garchomp.

Marshadow is the best Poke of this gen. 125/125 physical offenses. 90/90/80 bulk. Ghost/Fighting, so it hits everything neutrally with STAB. Sig move is 90BP Ghost that steals stat boosts and then attacks.

Edited by Ema Skye

Burn Up Arcanine removes it's Fire type on use, which will give it STAB ESpeed and a better defensive typing.

Burn Up? Ok, I know of a few new moves, but jeez.

I should really look at that Z-Move pastebin on the OP more carefully.

We don't know her actual age, just that Lillie and Gladion are both her biological kids. She certainly LOOKS 22 or so... but is probably a quite a bit older since she has two young teenagers for children.

Oh ok I thought it was described in the plot

Honestly is there anything Power Gem Diancie can do that Diamond Storm Diancie can't that isn't being weaker?

95 isn't exactly the kind of accuracy where it misses all the time(thats 80)

Edited by JSND

It's more that having Power Gem allows Diancie to run fully special with Power Gem and Moonblast. Since it didn't get any physical fairy or special rock moves, you had to run it mixed or lose one of it's STABs.

The thing is, why is being able to run special anywhere near relevant when Special Investment Diancie's stronger option is Diamond Storm?

Diamond Storm Uninvested - 53400

Power Gem fully invested - 50280

Edited by JSND

Being able to run a -Atk nature instead of -Def or Sp.Def, and not needing to invest small amounts of attack(smogon sets usually run between 8-32) increases Diancie's overall bulk a small amount, without much drawback. As an example, vs a 0/0/0 Mew(not an actual set, just a mon with no resistance or weakness to either, and the exact same Def as Sp.Def, both attacks do the same amount of damage using a common gen 6 OU Mega Diancie EV spread.

6a56f7f0c0cc8d8a507e1c2dc6f4c179.png

2a4134766d4692106077caf8f8ded361.png

Essentially having access to Power Gem gives Diancie a small positive without any real negative attached. Is it going to be gamebreaking and an amazing buff? No, not at all, but it's still a positive that it now has access to a special rock option. Now just give it Play Rough.

With Diamond Storm vs Power Gem it's really just a preference of going either fully Special/Physical rather than Mixed. Besides, it's another option that can vary playstyles of the Pokemon. What's not to love?

besides, it was pretty dumb that it didnt get it in the first place

gem pokemon thats a rock type doesnt get power gem but AMPHRAROS, VESPIQUEN AND PERSIAN DO

heck, carbink, which is a baby diancie, has it too

Edited by Emerson

Thanks

Anyway what do you guys think about the new mon this gen?

I honestly like the amount of new stuff this time around Old Mon buff seems neat, and the Tapus looks very interesting

Silvally essentially covered every element as a singular new pokemon so the amount of "good new mon" for this gen doesn't look all that bad for me

The only thing that i'm worried about is Dugtrio i guess. Seriously hoping smogon would ban Dugtrio before everything else if it ended up being a problem(and it is probably already skirting the line during gen 6)

Edited by JSND

The only thing that i'm worried about is Dugtrio i guess. Seriously hoping smogon would ban Dugtrio before everything else if it ended up being a problem

The Steel form lacks Arena Trap.

As far as I saw, there are tons of meh, some that might pull off nice sets, others that might be OP and Tapu Fini levels of brokenness. Look at dat bulk man, and on top of that I think it has recovery. Not to mention that water/fairy is 2stronk

Edit: well not recovery exactly but it has defog, scald, muddy water and can run a Calm Mind, Bold nature, Leftover, Aqua Ring set idk.

Edit: oh right, and Moon Blast

Edited by Quintessence

I just wish Tapu Lele was the defensive one and Fini was the Specially offensive one.

like jesus its in a jar how is that not going to be the defensive one

Also Tsareena is mid-tier boo

Also Mudsdale is hopefully going to get the praise it deserves with that 100/100/85 Bulk plus 120 Attack.

Yeah, shallow movepool, but that thing deserves UU at least.

Also you cannot look at Morelull's evolution and tell me it isn't Toad.

IT IS LITERALLY TOAD.

Edited by Emerson

One thing that bothers me is that the anchor is basically a better decidueye with its typing and it anchor shot move while also getting 3 STAB's, I like it but I wish it had gotten steel/ghost with Extra Grass STAB because of how bad of a defensive typing Grass/Ghost is.

Mudsdale has some serious bulk backed up by 125 attack and its ability so it will be quite the beast.

WishiWashi's school form stats are absolutely terrifying if that thing is in a trick room I can see it being basically unstoppable with the exception of its Hp (speaking of which I wonder what Z-trick room does)

Speaking of trick room, vikavolt seems like it will only be viable in a trick room seeing as its defences are bad and its speed is total trash.

Minior shield form is a little less bulky than I would have liked but that's okay because with a shell smash it will work as an effective sweeper

Edited by Mackc2

Thanks

I honestly like the amount of new stuff this time around Old Mon buff seems neat, and the Tapus looks very interesting

Silvally essentially covered every element as a singular new pokemon so the amount of "good new mon" for this gen doesn't look all that bad for me

I really like alot of the new mons and their designs, but it seems to me (although I havent had much time looking at it all) that there is a disturbing lack of hard hitters. I feel like so many of the new pokemon are outclassed by stats alone from previous generations. Although I'm interested to see where Gamefreak takes the low speed stats... Hope there is something for a slow speed stat meta! It would make Marowak really cool too! So i am seriously hoping for it cause that Alolan Marowak is the bomb.

Edited by SlayerX

All over the place.

Stuff like Decidueye and Vikavolt could be good if they just got some speed (take ten from both of Decidueye's defenses and twenty from special attack and suddenly we have an aggressive physical-oriented grass/ghost type), then we have stuff like Mudsdale and Salazzle that look pretty decent. And then Toxapex and the Tapus scream OU+.

But overall, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy things from a single player perspective.

My current impression is that this is the best earlygame bug and earlygame bird combo we've ever got in the series. The Alolan forms also change the way the game is played radically, with Diglett and Grimer having new uses and identities.

That Stoutland Search though... Has anybody figured out how to consistently find the items it finds when the exclamation mark pops up? Not even getting off the mount helps most of the time, and constantly mounting and dismounting is a bid time consuming.