Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Alolan Eggy have 10 more Attack and 10 less speed

Sidetracking a bit, Alolan Exeguttor is actually such a cool pokemon in concept, a nuke machine and for what it worth, its only 3hko'd by Tapu Bulu with its 4x resists which is really good for something that can kind of "counter" its gameplan.

Its kind of a shame, its not that good

Edited by JSND

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ninetales may be better than Sandslash for a 0 exp playthrough... Namely because of the Snow Warning (chained Vulpix for the hidden ability) + Aurora Veil combo, which could give my team the bulk it desperately needs to tackle the E4 10+ levels above them (and they're really damn strong in this game). So Sun could be the better game to choose. idk there's still ways to think before I'm actually able to set the run up.

Vast Poni Canyon. It's also the spot for Magnezone and Probopass.

0nZ06Zo.jpg

Wait, you can evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu with just a Thunder Stone and nothing else? I know that the Normal Raichu can be evolved by using the Thunder Stone on the Pikachu, but I do remembered that they said that Alolan Raichu changes by eating a lots of Pancakes that formed into the Alolan Form.

Is there more evolution requirement than just using Thunder Stone for the Alolan Raichu?

Wait, you can evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu with just a Thunder Stone and nothing else? I know that the Normal Raichu can be evolved by using the Thunder Stone on the Pikachu, but I do remembered that they said that Alolan Raichu changes by eating a lots of Pancakes that formed into the Alolan Form.

Is there more evolution requirement than just using Thunder Stone for the Alolan Raichu?

Nope. Just the stone.

I don't think the pancake thing was serious.

Of course the pancake thing was serious. YOU DON'T JOKE ABOUT THE GLORIOUS FLUFFY PANCAKES.

All things considered I don't mind the "because pancakes" thing. It's silly and cute, and because sweet and fluffy pancakes are delicious.

Of course the pancake thing was serious. YOU DON'T JOKE ABOUT THE GLORIOUS FLUFFY PANCAKES.

All things considered I don't mind the "because pancakes" thing. It's silly and cute, and because sweet and fluffy pancakes are delicious.

Some people were thinking you'd have to feed it so many malasadas or something to get it to evolve, in light of the pancakes comment.

Some people were thinking you'd have to feed it so many malasadas or something to get it to evolve, in light of the pancakes comment.

I'm pretty sure malasadas and pancakes are different though. Or at least, they don't look all that similar...

Prankster now did not affect Dark type

RIP my bro Tyranitar Counter Prankster Sableye

So... Liepard is now a much better Prankster since it can't be Taunted by faster Pranksters?

Sick. I've been wanting it to be good for a while now. It fills nice niche by being faster than Sableye.

Edited by Emerson

So... Liepard is now a much better Prankster since it can't be Taunted by faster Pranksters?

Sick. I've been wanting it to be good for a while now. It fills nice niche by being faster than Sableye.

Its now a much worse prankster because all your opponent need to do to make Llepard a joke is to switch in Tyranitar, Bisharp, Weavile(out of all things), or Incineroar

The biggest nerfed pokemon by this change is actually Numel funny enough

Edited by JSND

I don't understand... Did dark types really need that at all? Did any pokemon type need to have that? I suppose it stop things like para/ray klefki. It is also rather odd to give it to dark types, wouldn't psychic be better? Specially since psychics can read minds?

Also how does it hurt Numel JSND?

Its now a much worse prankster because all your opponent need to do to make Llepard a joke is to switch in Tyranitar, Bisharp, Weavile(out of all things), or Incineroar

The biggest nerfed pokemon by this change is actually Numel funny enough

Isn't that a weakness of ALL Pranksters now? Either way, most things have something to get around it. Whimsicott and Klefki have Moonblast and Play Rough respectively, Thunderus is good for more than just Prankster since it's offensive, and Liepard at least has U-Turn to predict the switch, or at least do something on the way out.

Meowstic is definitly destroyed by this, since it's best Fairy move is Disarming Voice, and it's main offense is Psyshock/Psychic. Mega Banette is also affected by this, also not having anything to deal with Dark types.

also please explain numel nerf

I assume it's related to Oblivious?

Edited by Emerson

I don't understand... Did dark types really need that at all? Did any pokemon type need to have that? I suppose it stop things like para/ray klefki. It is also rather odd to give it to dark types, wouldn't psychic be better? Specially since psychics can read minds?

Also how does it hurt Numel JSND?

Dark type ARGUABLY did not need it for obvious reason(read: they are kinda broken in Gen 6), but i would say they are the best target for this out of all typing. On top of thematic reason(Playing Dirty will beat Prankster no?) the most prominent user of Swagplay pair it with Foul Play, something that is resisted by Dark type. As far as the idea of counterplay goes, Klefki have is a Fairy Type so Play Rough, and Thundurus can use Focus Blast. I would say Llepard falls under the Foul Play category

Counterplay factor is one reason why Fairy probably won't be a good receiver of the buff, because Klefki can STAB Steel, and most Fairy won't last that long vs Thundurus or something but i'm really not sure about this(I guess you can be thankful they did not make Clefable even more annoying)

As for that one, Numel is a rather well known joke/meme. Basically Numel have Oblivious and Ground typing which make it the perfect counter to T Wave Foul Play Swagger Filler Prankster Klefki which smogon decidedly put in their AG article as a joke

The joke within Numel Nerf is that Swagger nerf make it so that Numel lost its niche in AG as a Swag Play Counter to the entirety of Dark Type

Edited by JSND

Nope. Just the stone.

I don't think the pancake thing was serious.

Wait, since Pikachu evolves to Alolan Raichu with just using the Thunder Stone, then what evolution requirement does Pikachu evolve to the Normal Raichu at in Pokemon Sun and Moon? I know that the Normal Raichu can be evovled from a Pikachu with the Thunder Stone from the previous games.

Edited by King Marth 64

Wait, since Pikachu evolves to Alolan Raichu with just using the Thunder Stone, then what evolution requirement does Pikachu evolve to the Normal Raichu at in Pokemon Sun and Moon? I know that the Normal Raichu can be evovled from a Pikachu with the Thunder Stone from the previous games.

It can't. There is no way Pikachu, Cubone, or Exeggcute can evolve into their evolved forms Kanto forms.

Edited by Konnor97

-Didn't watch any videos.

-Haven't played the demo.

-Don't have a clue of the game at all.

But...

-Bought the game on release day.

Anyone else avoided the leaks and haven't got spoiled?!

The start of the game shows Lily being chased by some rangers. What do they want with her?! Will find this out later!

Edited by PuffPuff

-Didn't watch any videos.

-Haven't played the demo.

-Don't have a clue of the game at all

But...

-Bought the game on release day.

Anyone else avoided the leaks and haven't got spoiled?!

The start of the game shows Lily being chAases by some rangers. What do they want with her?! Will find this out later!

I doubt you'll find anyone like that on a thread specifically dedicated to those leaks.