"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Monolith Soft, and got excited. I didn't recognize anything, and lost some excitement. I saw a Nopon, and got super excited. I saw a giant tree, and got sad about Etrian Odyssey V. I saw Xenoblade 2, and got slightly confused, but also really really excited. Is this supposed to be [spoiler=MAJOR SPOILER]Shulk's new world from the ending/epilogue of Xenoblade Chronicles?

I got quite hyped about Fire Emblem Warriors. But what the stole the show for me was SMTV. Holy crap I am pumped. The part with the silhouettes of the demons with the glowing eyes is like Nocturne, but then SMTIVA Odin appeared with music that sounded like music from that, and whoa. I can't wait for that.

Splatoon2 looked cool too. No region locking was awesome to hear. Arms looks neat, and with the mention about them potentially appearing in future titles, it seems like they're gonna get in Smash. Dragon Quest is cool.

About the paid online, I didn't quite take it like that. It seemed to me he was talking about this service/app on Smart devices that can link with the Switch's online, and then later on the service/app on Smart devices would require a subscription, while the Switch's online was presumably free. Or I probably just understood it wrong.

But yeah, as cool as the Switch seems, I'm not buying it until one of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, or SMTV is released.

Edited by Konnor97

That's it, I've seen enough. I'm sold. I'm 100% sold. The system looks fantastic, and the games! THE GAMES!

Super Mario Odyssey.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

That new Square Enix RPG.

FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS!
BREATH OF THE WILD!

I'm just INSTANTLY excited for FEW and BotW. I am for the others too, but those two...hooooly crap! I really freaking hope FEW draws characters from across FE's history and not just Marth's games and Awakening/Fates! And Zelda...that trailer was fantastic! I guess I can't say for 100% certainty, but that girl is totally Zelda. And there was a goron. And a zora. It just looks amazing!

So...anyone else feel greedy and wants more stuff? :Rei:

I do.

I really want to see what their full launch line-up is going to look like, Zelda is not quite what I'm looking for.

Mario Odyssey, FE Warriors, and MK8 Deluxe this year is great though. And new Sonic, I think?

Where's Smash?

Edited by Tsunami922

So...anyone else feel greedy and wants more stuff? :Rei:

Yes. In really disappointed in the presentation tbh. They really needed more meat in there. Most of the titles they showed were titles that really won't stand up to well, like arms or that square enix game. Not even Skyrim tbh, that game had already been out for 5 years.

Breath of the Wild was to be expected, maybe not as launch, but still expected. Mario was definitely to be expected, its Nintendo but still not a launch title. Splatoon 2 was a little surprising, but it's not a launch title. Fire Emblem Warriors definitely isn't a launch title. Same with Xenoblade. Smash Bros may be a launch title, but they didn't say a word on that. FIFA and NHL aren't going to draw anyone to the system.

They really needed some more concrete titles in there, especially for on or around launch date. I'm pretty sure we will see more announced in the coming months, but maybe they should of waited for a big presentation until they had more to show.

I'll be honest, I'm not sold at all right now. If this is what the launch is going to look like for the Switch, I will give it until at least late this year before I look at buying it.

Edit: my phone causing issues.

Edited by Tolvir

I am honestly a bit unsure about xenoblade 2 because I loved Xenoblade X and as much as a new game is exciting I'm annoyed that this means that the cliffhanger at the end of X will probably never be resolved

Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is confirmed for April release in Japan.

Also, regarding the paid online service:

- users will be entitled to one free NES and SNES VC game per month

- there will be special promotions for online subscribers

Re: SNES VC, they will have online capabilities.

I am honestly a bit unsure about xenoblade 2 because I loved Xenoblade X and as much as a new game is exciting I'm annoyed that this means that the cliffhanger at the end of X will probably never be resolved

X did not end with a cliffhanger, it was purposely left open-ended. I know it's weird, but the entire point of the ending was the "what" factor. I expect Monolith to publish another Perfect Works about X's plot though eventually, like what happened with Xenosaga.

X's ending was so open-ended that a direct sequel probably wouldn't have very much aim to t.

I liked a lot of what was shown, though the overreactions to Fire Emblem Warriors are a little confusing. It had like ten seconds of footage and only Chrom, not even gameplay. Ghibli Zelda looks good now, even though I hated it at E3

also mother 3 would be nice i guess

I like presentation of the 1 2 Switch, Splatoon 2, Arms, Super Mario Odesey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors. But, I just wondered why did they put 2 for that new Xenoblade Chronicles game since Xenoblade Chronicles X is a second game, does anyone think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 could possibly have any connection to Shulk's game since Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't have any connection to Shulk's title? Also, I saw Minecraft and Story was in the Ending Preview.

I like presentation of the 1 2 Switch, Splatoon 2, Arms, Super Mario Odesey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors. But, I just wondered why did they put 2 for that new Xenoblade Chronicles game since Xenoblade Chronicles X is a second game, does anyone think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 could possibly have any connection to Shulk's game since Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't have any connection to Shulk's title? Also, I saw Minecraft and Story was in the Ending Preview.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is it's own thing, Xenoblade 2 is a sequel to Xenoblade 1

Soo...is this gonna be something like the Playstaion Network(PSN) where you get free games randomly and other stuff? ...Ok...still not happy you gotta pay for online, but I'm happy for a bit of compensation.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is it's own thing, Xenoblade 2 is a sequel to Xenoblade 1

Wait, do you have a source shows No. 2 is directly connected to Shulk's game or did the developers or the speaker mentioned it in the presentation? (I don't think I hear they mentioned that it's connected to Shulk's game, I didn't finished the original Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii console yet, but I'm still in Chapter 3 in X.)

I guess I can't say for 100% certainty, but that girl is totally Zelda.

ONE of the girls must be Zelda. There are two noted female characters in that trailer, and one or both may have been shown. If you listened carefully, one girl asks to please save her daughter at one point. Could this be the first time we meet/see Zelda's mother? Or...is Zelda herself the mom?! o.O

Also, the Goron and Zoras, omg wow.

Edited by Anacybele

ONE of the girls must be Zelda. There are two noted female characters in that trailer, and one or both may have been shown. If you listened carefully, one girl asks to please save her daughter at one point. Could this be the first time we meet/see Zelda's mother? Or...is Zelda herself the mom?! o.O

Also, the Goron and Zoras, omg wow.

Not gonna lie...I thought the voice asking you to save the daughter was male...thought it was the old man...whoooops.

Speaking of Zelda...

C2BvmTrUkAAfTe-.jpg

MORE HYPE!

Link? Because "free" games and online multiplayer for SNES games sounds rad.

The new stuff just keeps coming folks...

put it in the spoiler tag to keep the post short(or maybe not because it doesn't seem to want work right now apparently...sorry).

There is also this too. Can't understand a word, it's nice to see though!

[spoiler/]

Edited by Busterman64

Wait, do you have a source shows No. 2 is directly connected to Shulk's game or did the developers or the speaker mentioned it in the presentation? (I don't think I hear they mentioned that it's connected to Shulk's game, I didn't finished the original Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii console yet, but I'm still in Chapter 3 in X.)

A friend of mine who's a big Xeno nerd claimed they could see Colony 6 and Makna Forest in the trailer.

Speaking of Xenoblade 2, I looked up the character designer and apparently they're the same artist who drew Celica's Einherjar card art for the Awakening DLC.