Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Dino said:

O_o ...is that supposed to be the height difference between Dheginsea and Kurthnaga? Because holy cow, Dheginsea towers over his son. 

Considering that Dheginsea is fully grown, and that Kurth is still relatively young (in Dragon Laguz terms, anyway), it's really not all that surprising.

3 hours ago, Kirokan said:

Today is the last two characters, and all the concept art is complete (there is still generic design concepts though!)

206-207 Gareth and Ena

Is there nothing on Almedha or any of Ilyana's merchant friends?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Today we have some character head designs for CGI cutscenes:

210-211 CGI Character Head Designs

Most notable is that Sanaki has designs but never appeared in any cutscenes. Perhaps she was going to?

17 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Considering that Dheginsea is fully grown, and that Kurth is still relatively young (in Dragon Laguz terms, anyway), it's really not all that surprising.

Is there nothing on Almedha or any of Ilyana's merchant friends?

None : \ The rest of the character artwork after the above page are for generic classes.

Wow, they actually made Mia...kinda pretty there. The main reason I never thought she was pretty was her derpy-looking eyes and her color scheme (and her hair just seems rather messy compared to characters like Elincia, Sigrun, and Titania), but her eyes actually DON'T look derpy here.

Sexy Ike is sexy, of course. <3 But where's a promoted version? He does have two cutscenes as a Vanguard and he has a red headband in that case, and Micaiah got a promoted version here... Wouldn't have been hard to just recolor Ike's headband red. xP

Edited by Anacybele

On 2017-02-02 at 8:27 PM, Samias said:

Oh right, I completely forgot. I tend to never pick him because he can't damage Ashnard...

He absolutely can. He does 4x2, just 2 damage less than Tibarn. I agree that he's not an optimum choice because he does do the least damage, and also has the lowest durability, but you can pick him if you want. And on Hard Mode you're likely going to defeat Ashnard before the royal becomes relevant anyway, provided you saved Resolve for one of your Ashnard-fighters.

Today we have the last of the concept pages. It is a bit of a shame for anyone who wanted more of characters that didn't get much, but that's all there is!

220-221 Basic Unit Designs (4)

With that done, I'll be looking at some of the mini profiles and interview, and then be on track for tackling all the character profiles!

On 12/19/2016 at 5:32 PM, Anacybele said:

That MIcaiah DLC art is not canon.

But now I see. Her boobs are too big in the book cover art. They weren't ever drawn like that in the official art or in-game portraits. Imo, it's disgusting, but nothing to be done about it. I just don't like when characters who are not meant to be sexualized later get sexualized. Micaiah was clearly meant to be a more modest character. She didn't even have much of a chest, being around as flat as me.

And thank God for that. That overly-sexualized Micaiah was so cringey, it was almost a parody. It's even more noticeable when people start sexualizing Tellius characters, since Tellius characters are pretty much the most sensibly and modestly dressed in the series.

29 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

And thank God for that. That overly-sexualized Micaiah was so cringey, it was almost a parody. It's even more noticeable when people start sexualizing Tellius characters, since Tellius characters are pretty much the most sensibly and modestly dressed in the series.

Yeah, whoever that art director was, we need him/her back. Right now character designs are getting too ridiculous *cough*Camilla*cough*

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, whoever that art director was, we need him/her back. Right now character designs are getting too ridiculous *cough*Camilla*cough*

Right... I miss the days of women being clothed just as much as the men. At least we'll have Echoes to give us some more of that back. Bring it back for good, FE Switch! :(:

RE The Sothe profile: So apparently Sothe has a talent for woodcarving? Huh...that's kind of interesting. Wish we'd seen it more in-game, with him carving a bow for Leonardo or something.

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Right... I miss the days of women being clothed just as much as the men. At least we'll have Echoes to give us some more of that back. Bring it back for good, FE Switch! :(:

Pff, the men get too sexualized these days sometimes too. Look at Odin. Wtf. And the barbarians look like they're in their underwear, though there's a chance they're supposed to be thongs like jungle guys such as Tarzan wore. I still think they failed on executing that though.

But yes, I miss the more modest PoR and RD designs. The only females that didn't wear pants were Marcia (as a base Peg knight only), Mia, Nephenee, Ilyana, Callil and Mist. Three of those are magic-based, though I do question why Mist doesn't wear pants when she's on her pony. I hope Mia and Nephenee aren't popular mainly for that reason, because by that logic, the others should be too, and they're not. In fact, Mia and Nephenee show less of their legs than the other three! Lethe and Lyre technically don't wear pants either, but they are in "shorts" so it's close enough.

Edited by Anacybele

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Pff, the men get too sexualized these days sometimes too. Look at Odin. Wtf. And the barbarians look like they're in their underwear, though there's a chance they're supposed to be thongs like jungle guys such as Tarzan wore. I still think they failed on executing that though.

But yes, I miss the more modest PoR and RD designs. The only females that didn't wear pants were Marcia (as a base Peg knight only), Mia, Nephenee, Ilyana, Callil and Mist. Three of those are magic-based, though I do question why Mist doesn't wear pants when she's on her pony. I hope Mia and Nephenee aren't popular mainly for that reason, because by that logic, the others should be too, and they're not. In fact, Mia and Nephenee show less of their legs than the other three! Lethe and Lyre technically don't wear pants either, but they are in "shorts" so it's close enough.

Odin's outfit is ridiculous, haha. But it's a take-off from the weird dark mage outfits of Awakening. Seriously, I don't know who thought those designs made any sense whatsoever...

Mist wears shorts underneath her skirt at the very least, as revealed in concept art for her. Ilyana doesn't, though... And Calill's dress is sufficiently long enough to not qualify as fanservice imo; it's less revealing than Lyn's, at any rate. Mia's pretty much fully clothed otherwise, unless you count no sleeves, which I don't. Nephenee's no leg armor is a little inexplicable, but as the rest of her is covered up, I don't think it's all that bad.

I wish more female characters were designed like Titania and Tanith. I will cry forever over the fact that we probably won't be getting a return to the Tellius designs anytime soon. :dry:

19 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Odin's outfit is ridiculous, haha. But it's a take-off from the weird dark mage outfits of Awakening. Seriously, I don't know who thought those designs made any sense whatsoever...

Mist wears shorts underneath her skirt at the very least, as revealed in concept art for her. Ilyana doesn't, though... And Calill's dress is sufficiently long enough to not qualify as fanservice imo; it's less revealing than Lyn's, at any rate. Mia's pretty much fully clothed otherwise, unless you count no sleeves, which I don't. Nephenee's no leg armor is a little inexplicable, but as the rest of her is covered up, I don't think it's all that bad.

I wish more female characters were designed like Titania and Tanith. I will cry forever over the fact that we probably won't be getting a return to the Tellius designs anytime soon. :dry:

Yeah, they're still more modest than some Awakening and Fates characters, I definitely agree with that.

On 3/2/2017 at 7:10 PM, Extrasolar said:

echoes looks a little similar to tellius design-wise

or maybe that's just me

5 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

echoes looks a little similar to tellius design-wise

or maybe that's just me

Oh, Echoes designs are definitely a return to form as far as toning down fanservice and making peoples' outfits make sense, judging by the art of the characters we've already gotten. I do really like what they did with both Alm and Celica, whose design definitely isn't as ridiculous as many of the women in Fates and Awakening.

I just hope that we return to the Tellius style in FE Switch too...as much as I think it won't happen. I can keep hope alive, but...

Edited by Extrasolar

Today we have 049 Tauroneo !

19 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Oh, Echoes designs are definitely a return to form as far as toning down fanservice and making peoples' outfits make sense, judging by the art of the characters we've already gotten. I do really like what they did with both Alm and Celica, whose design definitely isn't as ridiculous as many of the women in Fates and Awakening.

I just hope that we return to the Tellius style in FE Switch too...as much as I think it won't happen. I can keep hope alive, but...

I agree, they are my overall favorite design too : ) I hope we see a return to form, or at least in this direction.