Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I'm not sure if you saw, but Elena's unused portrait is in the voting for FE Heroes XD

109063.png

I think every PoR and RD character has HQ portraits as well. I bet they had them all along, but I am curious if they're assets for a HD version of the games...

When I have time, I've got some (hopefully) interesting unused RD things to show you as well^^

Weird, I was specifically looking for Elena but couldn't find her to see if they used that art! xD

Oddly they didn't use Ashera's other one though...

Looking forward to the other stuff you have to share be it via PM or here : ) I'll share your Elena portrait find on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

Weird, I was specifically looking for Elena but couldn't find her to see if they used that art! xD

Oddly they didn't use Ashera's other one though...

Looking forward to the other stuff you have to share be it via PM or here : ) I'll share your Elena portrait find on Twitter.

She was in the PoR section, but there are loads of characters so it's easy to miss one.

I imagine they used Elena's portrait since it's the only one available, while Ashera already has one that's used in-game.

Just now, VincentASM said:

She was in the PoR section, but there are loads of characters so it's easy to miss one.

I imagine they used Elena's portrait since it's the only one available, while Ashera already has one that's used in-game.

Makes sense to me. : ) Nice find regardless, she looks depressed as ever. xD

This book should hopefully done by the time the Echoes artbook comes out. If you happen to secure a special edition and have access to a scanner, would love to tackle that before other projects next! I saw the preview images had plenty of notes with the designs.

So I've been browsing/lurking around this thread for a while and I've come up with my top 5 best ( and worst ) T3 outfits ( I've seen every unit at 3rd tier, btw xD )

Worst outfits so far

1) Sothe ( tries too hard to look cool and that belly shirt is lol )
2) Mia   ( buckles everywhere. was she designed by tetsuya nomura??? )
3) Nephenee ( fan service =/= armour protection for your... vulnerable bits )
4) Brom ( urgh )
5) Ike ( are you wearing a curtain for a cape? )

Five best outfits so far

1) Geoffrey ( that deep-blue armour and heroic design is <3 )
2) Lucia    ( she can't stats but she's got style + boobs )
3) Aran     ( Aran >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nephenee )
4) Elincia  ( this queen needs no man )
5) Leonardo ( see Lucia )

For the trainwreck that RD is, it still has the best unit design in the series. Hats off to Kirokan for getting these scans to us. =)

Brom's okay to me, not the best character in the Tellius series, but it's always nice to see some characters not really designed to be attractive or a soldier. Brom's just a militia guy and after RD, he never fights again. He's unique, that's for sure.

Meg climbing a wall lol. Yeah, she's probably looking for Zihark. XD

I don't get why some people liken Ike's Vanguard cape to a curtain... That never came to mind when I saw him in that outfit at all. o.O

Today's concept art:

174-175 Sigrun and Tanith

16 hours ago, tailfin said:

So I've been browsing/lurking around this thread for a while and I've come up with my top 5 best ( and worst ) T3 outfits ( I've seen every unit at 3rd tier, btw xD )

Worst outfits so far

1) Sothe ( tries too hard to look cool and that belly shirt is lol )
2) Mia   ( buckles everywhere. was she designed by tetsuya nomura??? )
3) Nephenee ( fan service =/= armour protection for your... vulnerable bits )
4) Brom ( urgh )
5) Ike ( are you wearing a curtain for a cape? )

Five best outfits so far

1) Geoffrey ( that deep-blue armour and heroic design is <3 )
2) Lucia    ( she can't stats but she's got style + boobs )
3) Aran     ( Aran >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nephenee )
4) Elincia  ( this queen needs no man )
5) Leonardo ( see Lucia )

For the trainwreck that RD is, it still has the best unit design in the series. Hats off to Kirokan for getting these scans to us. =)

Thanks! Appreciate the lists too. xD

Hmm, not only does Tanith have dracoknight-like growths, it looks like she has their colour scheme too. It's kind of hard to discern in game but she really does look more like Shiraham and his defectors as a Seraph Knight than she does the rest of the Holy Guard. Nice contrast with Sigrun.

Also I don't see anything wrong with Brom's design either. He has no love of war so I really like how plain his uniform is compared to the formal knights. Also I love Meg's 3rd tier design, it's such a shame that she's not a very good unit. I feel the same about Fiona, Sigrun and Lucia too.

...Why does Ike have to share a page with that creepyass Valtome? >.>

Still, Ike is as sexy as ever! <3 Looks a tad different than the final product, but no biggie. But that can't be the same headband he wore in PoR, this one is longer... o.O Unless they mean the headband he wore in the Lord class. That one actually does look the same.

Edited by Anacybele

Today we have Mist and Titania!

182-183 Mist and Titania

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Why does Ike have to share a page with that creepyass Valtome? >.>

Still, Ike is as sexy as ever! <3 Looks a tad different than the final product, but no biggie. But that can't be the same headband he wore in PoR, this one is longer... o.O Unless they mean the headband he wore in the Lord class. That one actually does look the same.

Yeah they didn't specify, but that's likely.

Mist's outfit is so cute in her promotion. I just hate using her because she doesn't have magic swords this time. Oh well.

One thing about all these concepts is that I'm really happy at all the attention paid to making everyone's promotions stand out from each other in more ways than just the colour. Almost everyone got some unique flair specific to them. Compared to PoR, and above the rest of the games in the entire series, I think this game did its best to make everyone a bit more distinct. Things like the "softer" characters like Sigrun and Astrid having all sorts of lace detail and luxurious trim compared to their more battle-hardened counterparts like Tanith and Titania. All the swordmasters got unique trueblade looks, etc. I mean sometimes it's just differences in textures but compared to later games, it's very impressive how much work actually went into the designs in this game every step of the way.

On 1/21/2017 at 2:35 PM, Kirokan said:

Today we get a few more from Begnion:

176-177 Stefan, Tormod, and Muarim

I love Tormod's Archsage design so much. It's a shame that I'll probably never get to see it in-game.

On 1/22/2017 at 4:56 PM, Kirokan said:

And today we have Ike! (Who shares half the page with Hetzel and Valtome xD) Nice look at Ettard and Ragnell though.

180-181 Hetzel, Valtome, and Ike

Hold me back!! I was waiting for Ike AAAAA *cough*
And wowza. Can't help but note on the size of his swords.

You know, I've never noticed the moon designs on Valtome's clothes before. It's really pretty :) 

15 hours ago, Soledai said:

Looks good. You know, I always did prefer the Ettard over Ragnell, visually, of course.

Honestly, I too like Ettard more. It's more visually appealing imo.

1 hour ago, Samias said:

Mist's outfit is so cute in her promotion. I just hate using her because she doesn't have magic swords this time. Oh well.

One thing about all these concepts is that I'm really happy at all the attention paid to making everyone's promotions stand out from each other in more ways than just the colour. Almost everyone got some unique flair specific to them. Compared to PoR, and above the rest of the games in the entire series, I think this game did its best to make everyone a bit more distinct. Things like the "softer" characters like Sigrun and Astrid having all sorts of lace detail and luxurious trim compared to their more battle-hardened counterparts like Tanith and Titania. All the swordmasters got unique trueblade looks, etc. I mean sometimes it's just differences in textures but compared to later games, it's very impressive how much work actually went into the designs in this game every step of the way.

I couldn't agree more about the attention to detail. It's partially why I love the art in RD the most out of all the FE games.

Today's!

184-185 Soren and Rhys

17 hours ago, Samias said:

I agree completely : ) Radiant Dawn has my favorite battle animations and models thanks to the effort they put into things like this.