Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last thing I noticed, there is no text next to the Rolf and shinon line, I think you missed "Master and Pupil" there.

Looks amazing though! And thanks to everyone for doing these! I'd like to pitch in a vote for Zihark. =]

That is so weird that Nailah and Rafiel are listed as married even though they have no marriage ending and no marriage between them is mentioned in the game. Yet Makalov and Astrid are mentioned in the game to be engaged and it's not listed here.

Maybe it's some weird Japanese and English localization inconsistency business.

Edited by Anacybele

Last thing I noticed, there is no text next to the Rolf and shinon line, I think you missed "Master and Pupil" there.

Looks amazing though! And thanks to everyone for doing these! I'd like to pitch in a vote for Zihark. =]

Noted Zihark! Hopefully Vincent finds a way to implement those corrections soon, too.

Looks pretty good.

It might just be me but it looks like Numida is loyal to Jarod rather than the other way around due to how the arrow is pointed. Its also saying that Nailah and Rafiel are married.

It does indeed say that, so is not Vincent's error. See my notes on her profile page here.

That is so weird that Nailah and Rafiel are listed as married even though they have no marriage ending and no marriage between them is mentioned in the game. Yet Makalov and Astrid are mentioned in the game to be engaged and it's not listed here.

Maybe it's some weird Japanese and English localization inconsistency business.

I feel it was changed slightly in the localization due to wording among other things.

From 1-4:

Rafiel: My people, the heron clan of Serenes, were blamed for the murder of Begnion's empress. Begnion mobs rose up in rage and massacred them. I had thought the whole of my clan, my entire race, had been wiped out. I wandered the desert in despair. If not for the queen, I would have died. In Hatari, I vowed to dedicate my life to her.

あの怖ろしい事件で私は血族のすべてを失ったと思っていました。絶望のまま迷い込んだこの砂漠で

女王に助けられハタリでその生涯の伴侶となりました。しかし年ほど前から、毎夜、私を呼ぶ声が聞こえるのです

"I had lost my way and ended up in the desert due to my despair, and was rescued by the Queen, who became my lifelong companion/partner/spouse"

This is a super literal translation above, so please don't mind the awkward flow, as it's just to show you a difference in the lines there.

I suppose one can read Rafiel's lines in English to mean such, but the word in Japanese 伴侶 is more often reserved for partners in the lovers' sense.

Edited by Kirokan

That MIcaiah DLC art is not canon.

But now I see. Her boobs are too big in the book cover art. They weren't ever drawn like that in the official art or in-game portraits. Imo, it's disgusting, but nothing to be done about it. I just don't like when characters who are not meant to be sexualized later get sexualized. Micaiah was clearly meant to be a more modest character. She didn't even have much of a chest, being around as flat as me.

That MIcaiah DLC art is not canon.

But now I see. Her boobs are too big in the book cover art. They weren't ever drawn like that in the official art or in-game portraits. Imo, it's disgusting, but nothing to be done about it. I just don't like when characters who are not meant to be sexualized later get sexualized. Micaiah was clearly meant to be a more modest character. She didn't even have much of a chest, being around as flat as me.

This, this and this. It's almost like you read my mind, LOL.

Like I mentioned, a lot of what I like about Senri Kita, is that she manages to portray female characters really well. They're gorgeous as hell, but they so in such a modest manner that it only goes to say you don't need silly fanservice to make them very appealing. Like, Sanaki's my favorite in that aspect, and she barely shows any skin.

Ever since Awakening, the series seems to have taken a turn in that direction, if only to appeal to a cheap formula that "just works" (coughTharjaCamillacough).

It's a minor detail, and I don't to make it a 2-page discussion on Micaiah's breast size. It's more of an observation, if anything. I'm actually very content with the content in itself, as it brings even more light to two of the most underrated games in the saga.

I hate a lot of things about the art direction lately myself due to all the unnecessary sexualization and such.

But yeah, we don't want to turn this into a discussion about Micaiah's boobs or sexualization. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Like I mentioned, a lot of what I like about Senri Kita, is that she manages to portray female characters really well. They're gorgeous as hell, but they so in such a modest manner that it only goes to say you don't need silly fanservice to make them very appealing. Like, Sanaki's my favorite in that aspect, and she barely shows any skin.

Ever since Awakening, the series seems to have taken a turn in that direction, if only to appeal to a cheap formula that "just works" (coughTharjaCamillacough).

It's a minor detail, and I don't to make it a 2-page discussion on Micaiah's breast size. It's more of an observation, if anything. I'm actually very content with the content in itself, as it brings even more light to two of the most underrated games in the saga.

I hate a lot of things about the art direction lately myself due to all the unnecessary sexualization and such.

But yeah, we don't want to turn this into a discussion about Micaiah's boobs or sexualization. lol

Senri Kita actually drew the cover art for these books, by the way. But I agree that the modest designs are my favorite in the series, and were done really well.

Thanks to the both of you.

You're welcome : )

I think Micaiah's proportions are off due to the angle attempted. Considering Senri Kita also did a Cypher card and it looks fine, I don't think they were trying to drastically redesign Micaiah, they just went off model and a lot of people don't really care as long as it looks nice (see: Most Cypher cards...) But I agree Micaiah is looking a little chunkier all around while her original artwork makes her quite slim. It's not like she got a costume change.

The relationship chart seems to have forgotten that Calill and Largo adopted Amy. It also doesn't take into account any endings that could possibly have occured from supports, just the relationships we know from the beginning of the game. So Astrid's love is still one-sided, Micaiah and Sothe aren't married, Mist is lacking a connection to Boyd entirely, etc.

I think Micaiah's proportions are off due to the angle attempted. Considering Senri Kita also did a Cypher card and it looks fine, I don't think they were trying to drastically redesign Micaiah, they just went off model and a lot of people don't really care as long as it looks nice (see: Most Cypher cards...) But I agree Micaiah is looking a little chunkier all around while her original artwork makes her quite slim. It's not like she got a costume change.

The relationship chart seems to have forgotten that Calill and Largo adopted Amy. It also doesn't take into account any endings that could possibly have occured from supports, just the relationships we know from the beginning of the game. So Astrid's love is still one-sided, Micaiah and Sothe aren't married, Mist is lacking a connection to Boyd entirely, etc.

Yes, I was thinking the high angle was probably part of it so didn't make too much of a fuss, as I draw things myself so know how that goes. xD

As far as we can see, it is indeed a "start-game" relationship chart. Endings are largely ignored for leaning on one or the other, probably as not to give any official preference toward one or another, too.

Edited by Kirokan

I'm aware, Samias, I just thought Astrid and Makalov were already engaged to start with, like Largo and Calill are already married.

I figured Senri Kita drew the cover art, but I also figured she could've been told to draw Micaiah that way instead of the way she was originally drawn, because you know, different art director since Tellius, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Anacybele

Man, I knew Ettard was a massive-ass sword, but not THAT big. lol Glad I depicted it correctly in my fic where Ike gets it (it's never explained just how he got Ettard, even though there are strong hints that say it did belong to Greil, so I decided to write a story about that and I included the theory that it was Greil's personal blade and the blade that killed Elena).

But it's interesting how Senri Kita thought RD Ike would look more like his Lord class in PoR. I feel the mercenary look is better for him because of who he is. He doesn't want to be a noble or general anymore, just a mercenary. So why should he look anything more?

yeah this is one of the most off-putting things about the 3ds games.