Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SullyMcGully said:

Ain't no way I'm listening to another one of your Hollywood Undead songs. Last time I played one my little sister was listening.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah my bad

why do you all post so much when I'm away during the day

all I did was get some Tylenol :(

427 And of course, the doctor would be the one to ninja me on this topic. It's only fitting.

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

why do you all post so much when I'm away during the day

all I did was get some Tylenol :(

You probably shouldn't be up too late if you aren't feeling well. 

23 more minutes of Christmas before cruel reality sinks in.

3 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

You probably shouldn't be up too late if you aren't feeling well. 

23 more minutes of Christmas before cruel reality sinks in.

Oh, don't worry, I'm definitely not going to. I'm thinking about going to bed pretty soon already, and it's only 9:40 where I am. I've mostly just still been active because I was trying to finish my steak before going to bed, since I haven't had much to eat today otherwise.

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

I go away to watch a movie with my family and there's like 3 more pages.

Don't you people have lives?

I can't speak for the others, but for me... no. Not really.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I go away to watch a movie with my family and there's like 3 more pages.

Because people on gaming forums usually have wonderful social contacts in real life, right? Sometimes I wonder if you're the robot. 

Final thoughts on the season:

Spoiler

The snow lies deep upon the ground,
And winter’s brightness all around
Decks bravely out the forest sere,
With jewels of the brave old year.
The coasting crowd upon the hill
With some new spirit seems to thrill;
And all the temple bells achime.
Ring out the glee of Christmas time.

In happy homes the brown oak-bough
Vies with the red-gemmed holly now;
And here and there, like pearls, there show
The berries of the mistletoe.
A sprig upon the chandelier
Says to the maidens, “Come not here!”
Even the pauper of the earth
Some kindly gift has cheered to mirth!

Within his chamber, dim and cold,
There sits a grasping miser old.
He has no thought save one of gain,—
To grind and gather and grasp and drain.
A peal of bells, a merry shout
Assail his ear: he gazes out
Upon a world to him all gray,
And snarls, “Why, this is Christmas Day!”

No, man of ice,—for shame, for shame!
For “Christmas Day” is no mere name.
No, not for you this ringing cheer,
This festal season of the year.
And not for you the chime of bells
From holy temple rolls and swells.
In day and deed he has no part—
Who holds not Christmas in his heart!

Merry Christmas everybody. Now time to do something about these pesky memories... MAX! Fetch me my sedative!

30 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I don't! They're all my type!

Of course they are. 

8 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

As a gamer I would like to say I have many lives and I make sure they are all distributed correctly

4 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Because people on gaming forums usually have wonderful social contacts in real life, right? Sometimes I wonder if you're the robot. 

Final thoughts on the season:

Reveal hidden contents

The snow lies deep upon the ground,
And winter’s brightness all around
Decks bravely out the forest sere,
With jewels of the brave old year.
The coasting crowd upon the hill
With some new spirit seems to thrill;
And all the temple bells achime.
Ring out the glee of Christmas time.

In happy homes the brown oak-bough
Vies with the red-gemmed holly now;
And here and there, like pearls, there show
The berries of the mistletoe.
A sprig upon the chandelier
Says to the maidens, “Come not here!”
Even the pauper of the earth
Some kindly gift has cheered to mirth!

Within his chamber, dim and cold,
There sits a grasping miser old.
He has no thought save one of gain,—
To grind and gather and grasp and drain.
A peal of bells, a merry shout
Assail his ear: he gazes out
Upon a world to him all gray,
And snarls, “Why, this is Christmas Day!”

No, man of ice,—for shame, for shame!
For “Christmas Day” is no mere name.
No, not for you this ringing cheer,
This festal season of the year.
And not for you the chime of bells
From holy temple rolls and swells.
In day and deed he has no part—
Who holds not Christmas in his heart!

It's funny because I don't actually have a social life, just that you guys have so much less of one it looks like I do by comparison.

Urk. Poetry. I'm sorry, but poetry is the bane of my existence. I just can't figure out what the heck it's supposed to mean.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

As a gamer I would like to say I have many lives and I make sure they are all distributed correctly

Ok but I love this answer.

6 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

It's funny because I don't actually have a social life, just that you guys have so much less of one it looks like I do by comparison.

Urk. Poetry. I'm sorry, but poetry is the bane of my existence. I just can't figure out what the heck it's supposed to mean.

Thanks Rex, love you too :)

You're not wrong, though. Even my sister, who was also homeschooled, complains about how unsocial I am.

I used to despise poetry as well, but I gained a new appreciation for it once I got more into music, and started writing song lyrics myself. I even started looking forward to writing my own poems for school; who would've thought that a poem about a girl whose dad gets mauled to death would earn me a perfect grade from my English teacher? And no, I don't mean my mom or dad, because this was during high school when I started going to an online school with actual teachers.

Edited by DefaultBeep

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Thanks Rex, love you too :)

I used to despise poetry as well, but I gained a new appreciation for it once I got more into music, and started writing song lyrics myself. I even started looking forward to writing my own poems for school; who would've thought that a poem about a girl whose dad gets mauled to death would earn me a perfect grade from my English teacher? And no, I don't mean my mom or dad, because this was during high school when I started going to an online school with actual teachers.

I insult because I love.

I just don't like how involved poetry has to be. It's difficult to understand what's really going on behind all the flowery, hyperbolic language. Plus, there are apparently no rules, but there are rules, and it has to be this and this and this, and it doesn't have to rhyme, etc. etc.

I dunno. I like it when things are straightforward, simple, and logical, so I guess poetry just isn't compatible with it's symbolic, complicated, emotional setting. (Which actually doesn't make sense because I love complicated symbolic plots in stories) Also, it doesn't help when the one time you actually feel like you're understanding poetry you discover that the fun, happy poem about grape sorbet on a summer day is actually lamenting the narrator's deceased grandfather.

Well, it's midnight over here. Time to go to bed and stay awake all night either trying to find Pokemon with good natures and IVs to join my party or cringe over the horrid story of twins in a game that excluded various characters because "there's two many swords" yet gave all the original characters swords anyway, followed by regretting my choices of eating what feels like an entire box of Dots and realizing that due to how behind I am in school I still need to work over the holiday and slowly feel myself getting sicker and sicker until the point of no return when I reach my true form of pure nihilism again and rue the day I was born, before the semester ends and I lose all my will, hope, and happiness again.

Erm...

I mean...

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope it was a good day and God bless!

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I insult because I love.

I just don't like how involved poetry has to be. It's difficult to understand what's really going on behind all the flowery, hyperbolic language. Plus, there are apparently no rules, but there are rules, and it has to be this and this and this, and it doesn't have to rhyme, etc. etc.

I dunno. I like it when things are straightforward, simple, and logical, so I guess poetry just isn't compatible with it's symbolic, complicated, emotional setting. (Which actually doesn't make sense because I love complicated symbolic plots in stories) Also, it doesn't help when the one time you actually feel like you're understanding poetry you discover that the fun, happy poem about grape sorbet on a summer day is actually lamenting the narrator's deceased grandfather.

Well, it's midnight over here. Time to go to bed and stay awake all night either trying to find Pokemon with good natures and IVs to join my party or cringe over the horrid story of twins in a game that excluded various characters because "there's two many swords" yet gave all the original characters swords anyway, followed by regretting my choices of eating what feels like an entire box of Dots and realizing that due to how behind I am in school I still need to work over the holiday and slowly feel myself getting sicker and sicker until the point of no return when I reach my true form of pure nihilism again and rue the day I was born, before the semester ends and I lose all my will, hope, and happiness again.

Erm...

I mean...

Aw shucks, thanks! Have I ever told you how much kinder you are than Sully?

I can understand why you'd feel that way (it's how I felt until just a couple of years ago), but I'm the kind of person who really likes those kinds of creative metaphors and hidden meanings. Some poems certainly just use flowery language in an attempt to look "deep", but I really  appreciate an actually clever poem. Technically, the amount of rules just depends on what poetic style you want to go for; certain poetic styles are very strict about their form and rhyme schemes, but some people just prefer to use a free-form style to have much more... well, freedom. I tend to prefer the former, because it's a bit more impressive to me when someone can write something meaningful and powerful while limiting themselves, but there can be some free-form poems that reach close to that level of impressiveness. Maybe I should post that one poem I wrote sometime, or at least the short story I wrote that it was based on.

I'm starting to wonder why you even enjoyed DDLC now. Don't tell me you wanted to join the club for a reason other that writing poems ;)

I wish I could do the same (well, not the exact same, because who even likes Pokémon I'd probably play Heroes or something instead), but I really should get some rest soon. Maybe staying up until 2 AM last night and only getting 6 hours of sleep while I'm sick was a bad idea? I'll have to work to catch up on school tomorrow too though, so we'll both be feeling pain over that.

10 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I insult because I love.

Erm...

I mean...

C'mon, don't you at least like this one?

Spoiler

Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get
out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out
of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my
head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head.
Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get
out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out
of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my
head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head.
out of my head. Get out of
Get.
Out.
Of.
My.
Head.

Get out of my head before I do what I know is best for you.
Get out of my head before I listen to everything she said to me.
Get out of my head before I show you how much I love you.
Get out of my head before I finish writing this poem.

But a poem is never actually finished.
It just stops moving.

1 hour ago, SullyMcGully said:

Because people on gaming forums usually have wonderful social contacts in real life, right?

Hey I have an idea

Name the amount of irl friends you have!

I'll start, I'll say.... I have about 12.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hey I have an idea

Name the amount of irl friends you have!

I'll start, I'll say.... I have about 12.

That's very hard to quantify.  How do you arbitrarily set the cutoff between friend and acquaintance?  Plus there's past and present.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's very hard to quantify.  How do you arbitrarily set the cutoff between friend and acquaintance?  Plus there's past and present.

Obviously we're talking present

Someone who you know will/would talk to you on a personal level, or someone you would talk to on a personal level

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Obviously we're talking present

Someone who you know will/would talk to you on a personal level, or someone you would talk to on a personal level

Depends on how personal.  Only one person knows my deepest darkest secrets, and that's who I'm married to.

If we're talking semi-personal, I'm pretty open in general, and even share a lot of stuff on the forum here.

Generally, I consider anyone a friend who considers me to be one in return.