Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

@DefaultBeep I got most of the first wave, only missing Tahu and most of the Protectors, I got all of the second wave -Scorpio and Grinder. Even bought the first 2 books and first graphic novel. But interest sorta fell off as I was primarily a story guy and found that lacking, plus you know money and shit. 

I only got into Bionice in like 09. Malum and Rannu were my first sets but then I managed to snag Dark Takanuva and of course did my homework and read all the books and comics and watched all the movies. I've read most of the serials but not all and naturally played MNOG and loved it. Funnily enough I had never read Time Trap till a few years ago and dispite being way older it still held up. In fact pretty much all of Greg's work on the series still holds up pretty damn well. 

Like 2 years ago a friend of mine gave me all oh is constraction sets  which was a mix of 07 and onward Bionicle with HF up to Brain Attack. As a result I have a crap ton of peices and some pretty kickass big sets. The coolest being Karzhani.

Going back and discovering all the old content and fandom through BS01 was just super fascinating and I don't think I've ever had an experience like it since. 

I'm big ol' nerd.

Edited by Greencapps

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I take back what I said, you are hereby added to lynch list. Beep is still first in line though.

What?  As a child I really liked it! I was was like 5 or 6.  Is that so wrong? 

Go ahead lynch me I deserve it for that.

31 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I grew up with High School Musical! I liked the 1st movie the best but both 1 and 2 had a good sound track if I remember correctly.  By the time 3 came out, it just didn't seem as good.

Ironically, this has given you some leeway in my eyes. 1 and 2 are indeed both solid in terms of soundtracks, although 3 has a few standouts.

But don't forget, if you slip up, you may end up back on my list... You can bet on it.

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

We're all in this together!

No link in the text

Instantly at the top of my lynch list

Didn't you ever learn to stick to the status quo?

@Greencapps I got Pohatu and Kopaka because favorites, and I got Gali as a gift later on; I just never found a good chance to get the rest. I watched some of the online videos, but that was enough for me to see that the story wasn't going to hold up to the original, so I didn't bother with any books or comics.

I think I got into Bionicle just one year after you, actually; I got a handful of sets from 2005 and 2006, but I didn't really get interested until I got Stars Tahu and Stronius. I went back and got all of the books (never got all of the comics, but I have a few from when I was subscribed to the Lego Magazine a long time ago), and I got lucky(?) enough to be caught reading one of the books during church by one of the pastors, who offered to give me all the movies since he had them. I still really need to play MNOG, though; I know some things about it, but I have yet to experience it myself.

I was honestly surprised by how well the books held up when I reread them earlier this year. Well... at least the ones by Greg. There's a very noticeably shift in quality between the first three Chronicles books, and the fourth Chronicles book and Adventures (and everything after). The first three feel like they're just thinly strung together stories to sell the sets, but once Greg took over, the story aspect took a huge boost in quality, which I'm so happy about. It helps me feel better about liking the story so much.

My biggest set is probably Vezon and Fenrakk, which was one I managed to get when it was actually released. 2008 Takanuva is probably next, who was purchased from Ebay like most of my collection has been now.

Don't worry, we're both nerds here. This discussion is just making me want to reread the books or go read on BS01 again.

402 Could've had 400 if I wasn't busy typing about important stuff...

Edited by DefaultBeep

30 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

(never got all of the comics, but I have a few from when I was subscribed to the Lego Magazine a long time ago)

That's what BS01 is for my dude. You can get pretty much everything on there and if not the BioMedia Project probably has it, honestly I recommend them for anything that isn't comics cause they have it all. Oh and if you really like Greg's work he wrote a couple books for Hero Factory that were actually pretty damn good considering the line they're about. They were leading into a sorta illuminati type plot but he got cut off and couldn't finish it. If you have the chance definitely read them. 

If you play MNOG you'd get my I say kapura'd when ninja'd. 

Oh and if you're missing some books I got a link for that too.

Speaking of books the ANP is a cool way to re experience them in a podcast format. 

Oh and even though TTV has gone down in quality recently some of their older series, Recap Reviews, Autopsy, Invictus Analysis, On Ebay Today, and the OGs with Meso especially MNOG are worth watching.

Oh also I think I might have Keetongu somewhere in my collection. I may be pulling that out of my ass cause it's been so long sence I've done a good inventory on them. 

Anyways what's your favorite year?

Mine's probably 06 or 07 maybe even 08

Edited by Greencapps

11 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

honestly I recommend them for anything that isn't comics cause they have it all

Correction BMP is also good for comics just use BS01 as a wiki.

Double post so doesn't count. :P

32 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

That's what BS01 is for my dude. You can get pretty much everything on there and if not the BioMedia Project probably has it, honestly I recommend them for anything that isn't comics cause they have it all. Oh and if you really like Greg's work he wrote a couple books for Hero Factory that were actually pretty damn good considering the line they're about. They were leading into a sorta illuminati type plot but he got cut off and couldn't finish it. If you have the chance definitely read them. 

If you play MNOG you'd get my I say kapura'd when ninja'd. 

Oh and if you're missing some books I got a link for that too.

Speaking of books the ANP is a cool way to re experience them in a podcast format. 

Oh and even though TTV has gone down in quality recently some of their older series, Recap Reviews, Autopsy, Invictus Analysis, On Ebay Today, and the OGs with Meso especially MNOG are worth watching.

Oh also I think I might have Keetongu somewhere in my collection. I may be pulling that out of my ass cause it's been so long sence I've done a good inventory on them. 

Anyways what's your favorite year?

Mine's probably 06 or 07 maybe even 08

Oh shoot, they have the comics on there too? Obviously I haven't been using BS01 to its fullest potential all these years (although after your double post it looks like I should be using BMP for the comics instead). I'll admit that I didn't bother keeping up with the Hero Factory story (outside of watching a HF movie because it happened to be on TV at the time, and I figured why not), but I will 100% look into the books for Hero Factory if Greg did them. Bit of a shame about the Hero Factory too, since the sets weren't too bad after the first year, and even then it was mostly just the first regular 6 that were lackluster in terms of building

I'll admit, I don't think I realized MNOG was even still available to be played. That'll give me something interesting to do in my free time.

I have all the physical books up through Legends #8, so everything until the end of 2007. I would gladly accept a link to read the others if you've got it.

This is the first I've heard of ANP, but looking into it, it looks like a cool thing to check out too. I've been looking for more podcast-like things lately, so that'll do nicely. I'll check out some of TTV when I have the time as well, I'm sure I'll probably find something there that I'd like.

If there's one year that I really want more of the Titan sets from, it's 2005. It had one of the most solid lineups in my opinion, although the original Rahi sets are pretty unique too. The best I have from the early years is a Boxor, which is pretty fun to play around with.

Set-wise, it might actually be 2004, since I just really like the designs of the sets there. Oh yeah, Lhikan and Dume with their respective rides are two of the other bigger sets that I have. 2008 also had some solid designs in my opinion, but I have very few of the sets from that year (literally just Kopaka), so that's harder to judge. Story-wise, it's a really tough call between 2004-2005 and 2006-2007. The characters and story arcs for both sets of Toa were very solid all-around (getting an entire book dedicated to the origin of the Piraka was a great treat, especially with all the other character throwbacks), and there are moments that stand out to me in each. So I guess taking both into account, it's probably 2004, despite it's flaws in its building style.

Edited by DefaultBeep

17 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

probably 2004, despite it's flaws in its building style.

Funny you say that cause people considered 04 to be the best mix of form and function before G2 was a thing. 

Here's the books!

Sadly I can't find the extra stories at the end of the graphic novel comic collections any where. And the last book, Journey's End, came out as a serial online only. It might be in that collection but I'm not certain. I know you can find it on BS01 but I'm unsure about BMP if I had to guess they probably do have it though.

Edited by Greencapps

27 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Funny you say that cause people considered 04 to be the best mix of form and function before G2 was a thing. 

Here's the books!

Sadly I can't find the extra stories at the end of the graphic novel comic collections any where. And the last book, Journey's End, came out as a serial online only. It might be in that collection but I'm not certain. I know you can find it on BS01 but I'm unsure about BMP if I had to guess they probably do have it though.

I suppose that does make sense; pre-2004 wasn't great in terms of articulation, 2005 was... unique, to say the least, and anything past that just went with launchers to keep the articulation unhindered. 2004 just has some odd compromises that stick out to me, even if the designs are great. Bionicle was ruined the moment they replaced the elf shoes. G2 was a very pleasant surprise in that aspect, though; they sacrificed practically nothing for the functionality, and both aspects worked out great in the end.

Nice, thanks! No worries if you can't find everything, this is still more than I've had up to this point. I think I actually remember reading Journey's End when it came out though, now that I think about it. It's been forever since then though, so I'll probably reread it anyway.

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I can't handle the nerd

Don't judge me and my shame. You're a robot, you should be happy with this topic anyway!

Edited by DefaultBeep