George Michael dies at 53

solrocknroll

We were singing bits when we heard it back home. Terrible to hear, especially because it's probably related to complications he had in 2015.

RIP. Yet again. 2016, man. Hopefully it's not a deluge again, but I doubt it.

So I guess that this was his Last Christmas...?

oh come on, really, did you have to walk in and make a joke? I don't want to derail this thread, but a singer that many people listen to and love just died, you have to lack some degree of social awareness to be making this joke.

My mom used to like him a lot growing up, so my childhood consisted of hearing him a lot since she loved collecting music videos and CDs. I used to hate his music when I was child since she'd play it so often, but I began to appreciate his voice as I grew older. He nailed "Somebody to Love" and I've yet to see a performance as stunning as his was.

Actually he was sick all the past years.

Had a pneumonia a few years ago because he smoked tons of joints.

It looks like he had AIDS, which could explain the early mortality. I'm not sure when he contracted it.

It looks like he had AIDS, which could explain the early mortality. I'm not sure when he contracted it.

I've not seen anything indicating he had AIDS! He did have poor health but it seems not due to AIDS. A late partner of his was HIV+ and he spoke of his fears of contracting it, but nothing to indicate that he ever did.

I didn't know much about him but stories of his philanthropy have been emerging these past two days and it sounds like he was a pretty awesome person.

I've not seen anything indicating he had AIDS! He did have poor health but it seems not due to AIDS. A late partner of his was HIV+ and he spoke of his fears of contracting it, but nothing to indicate that he ever did.

I didn't know much about him but stories of his philanthropy have been emerging these past two days and it sounds like he was a pretty awesome person.

It was the first I had heard about it. I googled George Michael and one the articles that popped up was "Singer George Michael succumbs to HIV/AIDS at 53". I took it at face value, since to die that young would almost always either be a disease like AIDS, a heart attack, or an accident/drug overdose. It may have been something else, but unfortunately, I haven't seen any other explanations, yet.