Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds impossible to me. Sure, it won't equal four 5 stars, but I haven't run into teams that are all 5 star to begin with. I should be fine. If I'm not, well, that's bullcrap. I can't help it if I've never had a full team of 5 stars to work with at all.

Also, I won't sit here and listen to you all basically tell me that I'm leveling this Bunny Xander to 40 for nothing.

I mean the matchmaking takes your team BST into account, so it's pretty unlikely to be matched against full 5* teams if you don't have a full 5* team yourself.

Anyways, you certainly aren't leveling him for nothing. He'll almost certainly be a bonus hero next season, and even if he weren't, he's bound to increase your team's overall BST just bc he's a 5*, which will in turn increase your Arena score and thus the amount of feathers you get. 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean the matchmaking takes your team BST into account, so it's pretty unlikely to be matched against full 5* teams if you don't have a full 5* team yourself.

She (anyone) could be matched up against a full team of Level 30-35 5* units, depending on how the BST averages work out

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Anyways, you certainly aren't leveling him for nothing. He'll almost certainly be a bonus hero next season, and even if he weren't, he's bound to increase your team's overall BST just bc he's a 5*, which will in turn increase your Arena score and thus the amount of feathers you get. 

I don't know, since the bunny characters are limited edition, they might not be bonus heroes because they won't be in the summon pool anymore after two weeks. And if the arena is still hard for me to beat even with two 5 stars on my team, I may still not have a high score. But we'll have to see. If the Bunnies are bonus heroes next season, then cool, Xander will help! If not, oh well, maybe I'll happen to have someone else who'll be a bonus hero. Can Freddy Bear be a bonus hero plz, IS?

Well, good thing I'm close to 20,000 feathers again. But now I'm not sure if I should upgrade Marth/Palla to 5 star instead of Robin or Sharena. If I do, I'll have a 5 star of all three weapon triangle colors. But a 5 star male Robin would be greatly helpful against Takumis and reds...

I'm thinking Marth now because Palla does get eaten by Takumis if male Robin doesn't squish them first... And Marth has self-healing in Falchion. I'd have two self-healers on my team if I add him and Bunny Nohr Prince. Plus, Palla will soon be temporarily summonable as a 5 star (even though I want Hinoka more).

Edited by Anacybele

There's always that pool of random heroes that get put as bonuses each 2 seasons, so it's certainly possible one season, it will be fred. I'm holding out for one of Nino/Ryoma/Olivia being bonus myself so I can run whoever the fuck I want in slot 4.

Marth is definitely a stronger choice than Palla IMO. If you got any Fury units you can sacrifice to Marth, he pairs well with that because he has self-regen---and it'd at least give you a temporary bst boost until the gameplay updates roll out. 

Michalis is almost certain a bonus hero, as the GHB heroes have been in all the other seasons too, so that's at least 1 guaranteed.

Michalis requires upgrading too though... I only got the 3 star version.

But yeah, I think Marth will get those next 20,000 feathers. I do have a Bartre who gets Fury, but not Fury 3 until 5 star... The only other unit I have with access to it is Jagen, and I trained him up, so... Hm...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But yeah, I think Marth will get those next 20,000 feathers. I do have a Bartre who gets Fury, but not Fury 3 until 5 star... The only other unit I have with access to it is Jagen, and I trained him up, so... Hm...

If you ever roll a Hinata in the future it's possible to get it off him there. Fury 2 should do for now, it's still +8 bst and falchion recovers more than twice that anyway.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As an avid Marth user, I'd highly recommend bumping Marth to 5*.

Falchion is SUPER GOOD, with its innate Renewal, and efectiveness against Dragons is really helpful, for the random Tikis that you'll encounter.

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

If you ever roll a Hinata in the future it's possible to get it off him there. Fury 2 should do for now, it's still +8 bst and falchion recovers more than twice that anyway.

Ergh, I actually did pull him a couple times, but ditched him for feathers... Next time he shows up then, I guess. And yeah, true that.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

As an avid Marth user, I'd highly recommend bumping Marth to 5*.

Falchion is SUPER GOOD, with its innate Renewal, and efectiveness against Dragons is really helpful, for the random Tikis that you'll encounter.

Oh yeah, it does hurt dragons a lot, doesn't it? Good point. My Marth doesn't have the best boon/bane combo (I believe he's -spd, +res), but oh well.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Ergh, I actually did pull him a couple times, but ditched him for feathers... Next time he shows up then, I guess. And yeah, true that.

Oh yeah, it does hurt dragons a lot, doesn't it? Good point. My Marth doesn't have the best boon/bane combo (I believe he's -spd, +res), but oh well.

Fury will even some of that out, as well--  -spd tends to be -3 spd from neutral, fury gives 2 of that back. I like to also give hone spd/spur spd to my units, so that -spd units get to function and +spd units doubles everything under the sun. Like I run Hone Spd on both Ryoma and Nino so I can have them buff each other, which results in 42 speed Ryoma and 47 speed Nino. Buffs are great. Conversely putting threaten speed on someone, since you play fairly defensively, can also work.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He's got a good 31 speed at 5* even with -Spd [34 natural], which is still super duper safe. Faster blues like Linde would eat him for lunch, but Linde would've done it anyway. My marth is -Def/+Res and I have no real issues running him. If nothing else, his Falchion's innate Renewal 2 and Spur Spd 3 are incredibly helpful, since marth can safely bait in a lot of options and heal off the damage .

One thing to keep in mind (since you don't normally play with Renewal units); there are times that you may want to plan your approaches based on Falchions' heal timeframes...in that, maybe hold back a hit for one extra turn, so that way when you get hit, you'll immediately heal off the damage on your next turn. It takes a bit to get used to having this perk but it's very useful.

Edited by Elieson

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

He's got a good 31 speed at 5* even with -Spd [34 natural], which is still super duper safe. Faster blues like Linde would eat him for lunch, but Linde would've done it anyway. My marth is -Def/+Res and I have no real issues running him. If nothing else, his Falchion's innate Renewal 2 and Spur Spd 3 are incredibly helpful, since marth can safely bait in a lot of options and heal off the damage .

One thing to keep in mind (since you don't normally play with Renewal units); there are times that you may want to plan your approaches based on Falchions' heal timeframes...in that, maybe hold back a hit for one extra turn, so that way when you get hit, you'll immediately heal off the damage on your next turn. It takes a bit to get used to having this perk but it's very useful.

Linde's never been an issue when Freddy can crush her easily (one-shot every Linde I've had him go after). :P But I see! I guess a -spd Marth can still function well!

As for the Renewal thing, yeah, the timing is good to know, for sure.

My Bunny Xander needs two more levels to reach 40 now.

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Why? Why!?!?

Why do people insist on jinxing themselves whenever they get something good!?!?!?!!

I noticed this a while ago, last night just confirmed it lol. Literally every 5* pull I've done has been at 1 am or later.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know, since the bunny characters are limited edition, they might not be bonus heroes because they won't be in the summon pool anymore after two weeks.

This time around, there are only 4 characters in the focus, meaning there are more slots for non-focus bonus heroes. The event characters are probably going to be bonus characters. It'd be kind of unfair for the people who spent orbs pulling for the event characters if they weren't made bonus characters, after all.

I'm curious to know about their LV. 40 confessions (with the Spring costumes) and how cheesy it sounds. (Please tell me it's different from the regular one)

Edited by Falcom

22 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I'm curious to know about their LV. 40 confessions (with the Spring costumes) and how cheesy it sounds. (Please tell me it's different from the regular one)

My Xander just needs one more level and he's almost there, so I can tell you in a little bit so long as I don't get him killed and stuff. I'm out of Light's Blessings again. I wish the game would stop forcing me to use them.

That said though, I also managed to get Olivia a couple more levels. Glad she doesn't get doubled a lot though, her HP and defenses are horrible. I'm only trying to have her attack when it's convenient (she can take care of axes that would eat Bunny Xander), but still.

EDIT: He's lv. 40! Also got Hawkeye to lv. 40 too. I had to give up two orbs to revive my guys yet again though... But anyway, Xander's dialogue:

"I have hidden an egg for you, Kelly. Now, try your best to locate the-- What? You think it's in the hand behind my back? Hmm. You are correct. I should have known that I couldn't outwit you, Summoner. Maybe you will be impressed by how I painted this egg. On this side is the symbol of Nohr. Beside it is the symbol of the Order of Heroes. Thus, this egg represents our friendship, created in the spring and strengthened in battle. Now, you should be careful with this egg, taking great care never to break it. Other painted eggs may be made to be rolled through grass in festival games... But not this one."

So he just goes on about eggs. lol

Edited by Anacybele

The only things I use Light's Blessings on are Gauntlet battles or sometimes Lunatic story battles (bc honestly I don't feel like wasting another 25 stamina to try again). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

I just reset the Training Tower over and over until I get something manageable for the unit I'm training, then I have either Julia or Reinhardt delete things that can possibly kill my babby unit. But sometimes I just get trolled by Defiants or something like that and die after getting like two levels, so I just Light's Blessing.

I'm still running into too many mages in the arena. This isn't supposed to happen. I should be running into them less. But no, nothing has changed. Maybe I win SLIGHTLY more often, but still not enough to win seven times in a row. I actually replaced Sharena with Bunny Xander instead of Palla, but Palla hasn't been useful. I did run into Julia twice, but that's all Palla was good for taking out. Otherwise, she can't damage much very well. I guess I should take her out.

In my defense though, I also ran into a Klein with a Brave Bow and Glacies. Glacies has a cooldown of 2. I think you can guess what this means and why it is not fun to go against.

I hope the April update with the arena changes comes tomorrow.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still running into too many mages in the arena. This isn't supposed to happen. I should be running into them less. But no, nothing has changed. Maybe I win SLIGHTLY more often, but still not enough to win seven times in a row. I actually replaced Sharena with Bunny Xander instead of Palla, but Palla hasn't been useful. I did run into Julia twice, but that's all Palla was good for taking out. Otherwise, she can't damage much very well. I guess I should take her out.

In my defense though, I also ran into a Klein with a Brave Bow and Glacies. Glacies has a cooldown of 2. I think you can guess what this means and why it is not fun to go against.

I hope the April update with the arena changes comes tomorrow.

Glacies has a cooldown of 4 actually. But because each Brave Bow attack is two hits in one, Glacies activates in two rounds of combat, so it's extra good on Brave units like Klein.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Glacies has a cooldown of 4 actually. But because each Brave Bow attack is two hits in one, Glacies activates in two rounds of combat, so it's extra good on Brave units like Klein.

Well, it still wasn't fun to run into... >_<

If I could give Palla something that's not the Ruby Sword, maybe she'd be better in the arena, but I don't have anything else I can give her right now...

Male Robin at 5 star will be deadly though, I reckon, once I get him there. He already eats pretty much any sword unit for breakfast thanks to Swordbreaker. Not even Ryoma or the Falchion wielders are a threat to him. With the 5 star rank, he'll crush a lot of colorless foes too.

Since Marth will get my next 20,000 feathers though, male Robin's gonna wait a bit longer...

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, it still wasn't fun to run into... >_<

If I could give Palla something that's not the Ruby Sword, maybe she'd be better in the arena, but I don't have anything else I can give her right now...

Male Robin at 5 star will be deadly though, I reckon, once I get him there. He already eats pretty much any sword unit for breakfast thanks to Swordbreaker. Not even Ryoma or the Falchion wielders are a threat to him. With the 5 star rank, he'll crush a lot of colorless foes too.

Since Marth will get my next 20,000 feathers though, male Robin's gonna wait a bit longer...

Yeah, I think Marth's an overall better choice than Robin for sure. As your team's BST increases, you'll be more and more likely to run into dragons, and without Falchion (or Julia) your team will probably struggle against them. 

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah, I think Marth's an overall better choice than Robin for sure. As your team's BST increases, you'll be more and more likely to run into dragons, and without Falchion (or Julia) your team will probably struggle against them. 

Yeah, I don't have a good counter for Fae or female Corrin. I see mostly Tikis though, which male Robin can handle well already, but yeah. Marth would help against Fae a lot since she's a dragon and green.

EDIT: Takumi isn't at the top anymore, what? It's a good thing I can definitely counter three of those otherwise though. Male Robin smashes Ryoma and Frederick and his hammer make the armors no threat. He's especially a great counter to Effie since she's blue.

Edited by Anacybele