Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I use a Fury/Desperation build to great effect on my Robin, which is more useful with a +Spd nature like mine is, but with your -HP bane, it means that just the damage from Fury and the Harpoon will put her in Desperation 3 range. If you give her the Speed+1 sacred seal and a Spd buff from Hone Spd 3, she reaches 42 Spd which is pretty solid.

I already used up the fodder I had for those skills tho...erg. :P I also already put the Speed +1 seal on Summer Freddy to help his -Spd bane (he's also stacked with Darting Blow and will get teamed with units who can boost his speed). But if in an instance I'm not using Summer Freddy with her, I can temporarily slap that seal on her.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

iirc it's 24 SP per level for the last 10 or so, so there's 96 free SP.

Yeah, it starts at +6 from 1-10 and increases by 6 every 10 levels. I think that pattern starts at 3*, I could be mistaken though.

I'm mostly wondering how much I can get off of the +3s for KOing, since I think leveling slows down a lot around where he is now.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

If all else fails, you can always just send units in leveled, but without full builds. As long as they've got a good support structure, you'll find a way to get them that SP. My Olwen went in basically vanilla last TT, and came out with a maxed out set and ~700 SP to spare. Then again she's a horse, so "good support structure" isn't exactly hard to come by.

To be fair, I'll probably just throw Reinhardt at it all again, even though he's maxed out HM xD

I'm too stuck in my ways to actually strategise now! lol

Lucina was meant to be a back up if he goes down. Wondering about also making a healer Alm build, too... Choices, choices...

"Yo this internet connection is fucking dogshit it took me 15 minutes to open google"

"You only paid half a million, if you pay 0.6 million it would be better"

There unproffesional and theres whatever the fuck that is. Good thing FEh isn't affected because Phone internet isn't as dogshit

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

"Yo this internet connection is fucking dogshit it took me 15 minutes to open google"

"You only paid half a million, if you pay 0.6 million it would be better"

There unproffesional and theres whatever the fuck that is

You can pay in orbs instead.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I already used up the fodder I had for those skills tho...erg. :P I also already put the Speed +1 seal on Summer Freddy to help his -Spd bane (he's also stacked with Darting Blow and will get teamed with units who can boost his speed). But if in an instance I'm not using Summer Freddy with her, I can temporarily slap that seal on her.

You could also give her Triangle Adept so she has a pseudo Sapphire Lance/Fury build. A red unit would need 56 physical damage or 52 magical damage to deal 1 damage when she's at full health and with Hone Atk, she deals 70 damage a hit against reds. Couple that with Swordbreaker and she can become a solid check against the majority of red units.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

You could also give her Triangle Adept so she has a pseudo Sapphire Lance/Fury build. A red unit would need 56 physical damage or 52 magical damage to deal 1 damage when she's at full health and with Hone Atk, she deals 70 damage a hit against reds. Couple that with Swordbreaker and she can become a solid check against the majority of red units.

I don't have TA fodder either... But I just found that I do have two more people lying around with Fury, so I'll consider that! Definitely don't have Desperation fodder anymore though. I used it on Nino.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't have TA fodder either... But I just found that I do have two more people lying around with Fury, so I'll consider that! Definitely don't have Desperation fodder anymore though. I used it on Nino.

Well, here's hoping you'll pull a Shanna or a Roy in the future. If you have a spare Cecilia or Lon'qu, you can give her Fury and Escape Route or Vantage in the meantime since she'd only need the recoil from Fury/Harpoon to activate Vantage 3 and would only need to take 8 more damage to activate Escape Route 3. And I just realized I haven't mentioned anything about special skills, but no matter the build, Bonfire would be the favored one since your Robin has a +Def nature.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Well, here's hoping you'll pull a Shanna or a Roy in the future. If you have a spare Cecilia or Lon'qu, you can give her Fury and Escape Route or Vantage in the meantime since she'd only need the recoil from Fury/Harpoon to activate Vantage 3 and would only need to take 8 more damage to activate Escape Route 3. And I just realized I haven't mentioned anything about special skills, but no matter the build, Bonfire would be the favored one since your Robin has a +Def nature.

I do actually have a Roy who I used for a little while, but I don't care about him, so maybe I should get rid of him. My male Robin still only has TA2 though, and needs TA3 from someone... But I guess two units having TA is better than only one having it, so...

And I also used my last Bonfire fodder on Summer Freddy since he's +Def too. :P

maintenance for the godlike new game mode is tommorow right?

The update with the new modes is tonight, which probably means the modes will be available tomorrow but I don't think that has been 100% confirmed.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Flier Emblem Quest with Cherche is so fun lol, so much one shots going on. All thats really missing from making this the greatest thing ever is Reposition

I'm still training up my fliers for that one Orb, though I do plan to ultimately use them "seriously" (especially Subaki). Trained up Florina, Shanna and Sheeda up to lvl.30 and ultimately sold Shanna for her Desperation out of impulse...now I have to train up Subaki up from lvl.12 and one of the many spare Moonbows Pallas I have from lvl.20.

Is anyone else happy Tobin is not a horse archer?  I actually hope they hold off on putting horse archers in the game for a while, flier emblems have enough trouble as is.  It's nothing Spring!Camilla couldn't handle, but most other fliers are already struggling to enter the meta as is, an archer that can move 3 spaces to kill them would cause them to be even less useful.

i'd prefer a horse archer over yet another red sword. i have an ike, roy, lucina, chrom, and xander at rank 5 and leveled up already. while i don't hate tobin, i doubt he'll be exceptional enough for me to spend time on.

I would of preferred if he was just a banner boy instead of a Tempest reward. Something like Warrior Alm or Princess Celica with the Zofia could've worked fine.

It's an interesting pick and I don't mind it much, but most likely being a bare unit in terms of skills like "Marth" is kind of lame. I hope he comes with his own preset skills but it's highly unlikely.

I'd prefer a horse archer too since we have so many swords, but no mounted archers. Fliers would have a hard time against them, sure, but yeah.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Is anyone else happy Tobin is not a horse archer?  I actually hope they hold off on putting horse archers in the game for a while, flier emblems have enough trouble as is.  It's nothing Spring!Camilla couldn't handle, but most other fliers are already struggling to enter the meta as is, an archer that can move 3 spaces to kill them would cause them to be even less useful.

Flier emblem already needs Spring!Camilla to be good anyway, so I don't think they would take that much of a hit. Besides, I'm not so sure a horse archer would be that popular, since it's a ranged unit on a horse that cannot use a blade tome...

Easier acces to flying buffs and more flying tome wielders would be really nice though.

12 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Flier emblem already needs Spring!Camilla to be good anyway, so I don't think they would take that much of a hit. Besides, I'm not so sure a horse archer would be that popular, since it's a ranged unit on a horse that cannot use a blade tome...

Easier acces to flying buffs and more flying tome wielders would be really nice though.

The main reason S Cam would feel needed is more because of Reinhardt than Archer tbh

Outpacing 4 panel coverage isn't really that hard when they have amongst the best Reposition in the game. Its a different story when its 5

Edited by JSND

16 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Seriously though. Hone Fliers and Ward Fliers are locked to 5* only while I'm pretty sure Horse Embrem has at least two units owning each Cav skill.

Edit: I was wrong. Two of the four are only available from one unit, but all are available from 4* anyways.

Edited by KongDude

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Seriously though. Hone Fliers and Ward Fliers are locked to 5* only while I'm pretty sure Horse Embrem has at least two units owning each Cav skill.

Not exactly but close

3* - Hone(Gunter (F), Fortify(Jagen), Ward(Eliwood)

4* - Goad(Reinhardt)

5* - Ward(Olwen)

GHB - Goad(Camus)

2 Goad, 2 Ward, 1 Hone, 1 Fort. No higher rarity exclusive, with only Fortify and Ward not being free

vs

3* - Goad(Palla)

4* - Fortify(Caeda)

5* - Hone(Hinoka), Ward(Minerva)

So 1 of each copy with only Goad being 3*. Technically free at some point but meh

Really even after you solve this one of the main issue is they only have 1 Mage, and its locked behind LE banner. Horse Emblem get Ursula and Cecilia for free and they are the best unit in the game to begin with. Mage Emblem is > Melee Emblem

Edited by JSND

Really the main issue is they only have 1 Mage, and its locked behind LE banner. Horse Emblem get Ursula and Cecilia for free and they are the best unit in the game to begin with

I don't think mage fliers are very common in FE, but I wonder if they'll ever add Bolt Axe, Levin sword, Shining Bow, and some sort of magic lance (Bolt Naginata is the only one I know of, but it's a Hoshido exclusive) as a magic alternative.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I don't think mage fliers are very common in FE, but I wonder if they'll ever add Bolt Axe, Levin sword, Shining Bow, and some sort of magic lance (Bolt Naginata is the only one I know of, but it's a Hoshido exclusive) as a magic alternative.

The only Mage Flier is literally the one from 3DS era lol. Its not even "not very common" anymore

Even if your stretching it, the closest old game have to a magical flier candidate is Leif, but thats because you can justify literally everything on him

Not making Tobin a Bow Knight seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.  I was thinking of some other possible candidates for unit diversity and I was thinking maybe Sumia and Cynthia could have a Tome or Staff.  Their canon weapon seems like it would be Lance, but I would like to get these two, but not have them be yet another Lance Flyer.

Gonna join the group on wishing Tobin was our first Bow Knight. That would have been pretty cool and made him a lot more interesting as a reward. As it is, unless his stats are surprisingly good, he'll likely be just another red sword to add to the pile.