Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

It's worth keeping in mind that since he's a villager, it would be safe to assume Tobin's stat total will at least be 4-5 points higher compared to any of the other infantry swords not unlike how Donnel (162 to 157/158) and Faye (154 to 147/148) have higher than average stat totals compared to any other infantry lancer and archer respectively. Of course, this may not matter much if he gets a stat spread like Faye's but I suppose we'll find out on the 7th. Hopefully he'll actually have a skill kit to work with at base unlike "Marth" but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'll be part of the minority and hope Bow Knights and Nomads take a lot more time to be introduced into the pool of nonsense this game already throws at us. Why? Because I dread the day another Reinhardt appears and makes Horse Emblem even more stupid than it already is. "Hey look guys, I beat this supposedly hard challenge, was ezpz. My team was Reinhardt, Brave Bow Knight, Bladehorsemage and Roflwhocareshorse". I, for one, am glad Tobin ain't as stupid as he was as an archer (archers in general actually) in SoV and would like to keep any semblance of balance in this game for as long as possible, thanks. Though, another swordie is a bit bland, of course.

3 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

It's beautiful.    

Trust me, this is the best decision you've made so far.  

Trust3t5KnWa.jpg

It's beautiful :')

I gave Faye Poison Strike, but she only had enough SP to learn up to PS2 and 3 is 360 SP.

A couple of runs in the Training Tower have brought me to realize there's no possible way I'm going to get 360 SP on Faye before the trials. Let alone enough SP for Draw Back/Hone ATK/Iceberg/Death Blow 2. This is gonna be rough.

She's definitely a better chipper with even PA2, but when enemies start having 50+HP...  7 Points of Chip damage... I think I may throw more orbs at the tempest banner. Really hope I don't regret that.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

It's worth keeping in mind that since he's a villager, it would be safe to assume Tobin's stat total will at least be 4-5 points higher compared to any of the other infantry swords not unlike how Donnel (162 to 157/158) and Faye (154 to 147/148) have higher than average stat totals compared to any other infantry lancer and archer respectively. Of course, this may not matter much if he gets a stat spread like Faye's but I suppose we'll find out on the 7th. Hopefully he'll actually have a skill kit to work with at base unlike "Marth" but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

That's true. I do think he'll still be missing non-weapon skills, but that's a reason for him to have a unique stat distribution, unlike Masked Marth.

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'll be part of the minority and hope Bow Knights and Nomads take a lot more time to be introduced into the pool of nonsense this game already throws at us. Why? Because I dread the day another Reinhardt appears and makes Horse Emblem even more stupid than it already is. "Hey look guys, I beat this supposedly hard challenge, was ezpz. My team was Reinhardt, Brave Bow Knight, Bladehorsemage and Roflwhocareshorse". I, for one, am glad Tobin ain't as stupid as he was as an archer (archers in general actually) in SoV and would like to keep any semblance of balance in this game for as long as possible, thanks. Though, another swordie is a bit bland, of course.

I wonder if we'll ever get a skill or weapon that directly counters brave effects. Firesweep weapons get close, but I mean more completely cancelling the brave effect no matter what.

actually, related, but some skill (or status effect) that cancels out secondary skills on other characters would be interesting

Anyone think the tier list is playing favorites?  I mean, Lloyd is basically as good as Lucina but somehow he's 2 ranks lower.  I was very surprised to see Lucina in the S+ slot.  She's good, but doesn't deserve to be up with Linde.

And Ike.  Pretty sure they had a spot reserved for him before he came out.  IMO, Ryoma is better than Ike.  Yet he swap'd places with Ike.

I really don't know why these 'tier lists' started.  I always thought they were silly.

19 minutes ago, Lushen said:

And Ike.  Pretty sure they had a spot reserved for him before he came out.  IMO, Ryoma is better than Ike.  Yet he swap'd places with Ike.

You're looking at the no-inheritance tier list. I haven't run the specific numbers, but I would imagine that Ike's vanilla kit (Heavy Blade, Swordbreaker, Ragnell, Aether) actually has a reasonably defendable argument for being better than Ryoma's vanilla kit (Defiant Atk, Hone Spd, Raijinto, Astra).

In general though, I'll agree that the tier lists (both with & without inheritance) are...strange. There's only one reason I ever look at either of them anymore.

Edited by LordFrigid

20 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Anyone think the tier list is playing favorites?  I mean, Lloyd is basically as good as Lucina but somehow he's 2 ranks lower.  I was very surprised to see Lucina in the S+ slot.  She's good, but doesn't deserve to be up with Linde.

I really don't know why these 'tier lists' started.  I always thought they were silly.

There's always some bias or misinformation in tier lists of this size, especially for a game like this.

Lucina likely outranks Lloyd since he is always neutral and, looking at their stats, she's marginally bulkier, stronger and negligbly faster. Lloyd shoves all his into res to fuel his special. Am raising a bit of an eye brow at Zephial getting to S rank, but there's always weirdness.

Incidentally, Lloyd is A+ & Lucina just S on the SI list, again probably because of the ability to get more merges and non-neutral natures.

e: Also in general these lists are meant for a combination of "these units are really good, worth putting time into" and "you're probably going to see a lot of these". It's an outline of usefulness that gets kind of obnoxious when you have a dozen top tiers, not gospel 

Edited by r_n

21 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Anyone think the tier list is playing favorites?

Tier lists are biased and inaccurate. You're better off not taking them too seriously.

I downloaded the update and Heroes won't start; it backs out every time it's about to reach the title screen. I tried closing and reopening Bluestacks and no luck. I hope this doesn't mean problems with Bluestacks support...

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I downloaded the update and Heroes won't start; it backs out every time it's about to reach the title screen. I tried closing and reopening Bluestacks and no luck. I hope this doesn't mean problems with Bluestacks support...

How are you getting the update early? I keep opening the app, but it's not prompting me to update.

8 minutes ago, Falcom said:

How are you getting the update early? I keep opening the app, but it's not prompting me to update.

go directly through the google play shop on android. whatever the shop is on iphones.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

go directly through the google play shop on android. whatever the shop is on iphones.

Ok yeah I see it now. Thanks.

Played a bit of Chain Challenge. I found it somewhat tedious to redo all the maps again, but it certainly is a good way to train units.

Can't wait to try squad assault though.

Just now, Falcom said:

Played a bit of Chain Challenge. I found it somewhat tedious to redo all the maps again, but it certainly is a good way to train units.

Squad Assault, man, I don't even know. I lost at Map 3 because I could not overcome the stat inflation. And one death and that's it for your run. Defeinitely need a solid game plan for team composition.

7 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I am not looking forward to Squad Assault. I don't even have twenty 5* units!

Beat squad assault after 2 failed attempts. It's definitely challenging but I didn't find myself short of units. Breaker skills really help here, especially daggerbreaker on the last map.

I still had quite a few 5*s left available on the final map due to me playing it safe by using my 4*s first.

Edited by Korath88

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Squad Assault, man, I don't even know. I lost at Map 3 because I could not overcome the stat inflation. And one death and that's it for your run. Defeinitely need a solid game plan for team composition.

Wait you've gotta be kidding me. I just noticed that when I started. And I can't use my mage squad to clear the entire thing either. So that's what they meant when they said the "enemy will capture your team".

And stat inflation. Oh dear... I also lost on map 3 because those inflated atk stats. Not even Oboro was spared.

57 minutes ago, r_n said:

Lucina likely outranks Lloyd since he is always neutral

I actually disagree with this.  I hear a lot of people saying this all the time but really, natures don't affect BST, only stat spread.  So, if a unit has a better stat spread, it doesn't matter if its with or without a nature.  And I think Lloyd has the perfect stat spread to where he can tank a physical unit or two and all mages whereas Lucina cannot do the later often.  Perhaps a +sp Lucina is better in some situations because of doubling, however.

I don't take tier lists seriously, I just found it curious.  You are correct that I was looking at the non-SI tier list, however.  I had assumed they stopped doing that one because it literally has no purpose.

@OthinWhen I ran bluestakcks, it would always mess up around major updates.  You may need to wait a bit.

Edited by Lushen