Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

people keep saying this but pretty sure he's popular. Good a reason as any, I suppose.

Yup, that's what I thought... Which, well... he is Saber xD 

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I guess Shield Pulse? I mean you never see it anywhere but it's not a terrible skill.

Honestly, I never hear about Saber anywhere since he's been added but I can never ORKO the guy. Either he's got pretty good speed and he's got a good defensive set.

I have him but I just never use him... It might be that I really don't do well with purely defensive play, I guess... He just doesn't seem to kill things as well as some of my other sword units. I'll probably get rid of shield pulse at some point and build him differently, but until then... it just didn't feel so amazing it couldn't be dropped, at least from my pov ^.^

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

57 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have him but I just never use him... It might be that I really don't do well with purely defensive play, I guess... He just doesn't seem to kill things as well as some of my other sword units. I'll probably get rid of shield pulse at some point and build him differently, but until then... it just didn't feel so amazing it couldn't be dropped, at least from my pov ^.^

I mean Shield pulse will never be as good as the various offensive skills that are used a lot. It has a pretty cool use, it's just a skill barely anyone wants.

22 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yup, that's what I thought... Which, well... he is Saber xD 

He's one of my favorite sword users right now. I gave him Fury, Vantage and Luna and he one rounds Hectors and BIkes pretty easily (specially if he initiates combat).

Shield Pulse is pretty good on long runs like TT where he charges it super quick but needs heal support and such.

Also, maintenance? Lol I was unaware of it, I haven't even logged in the game.

Just now, Quintessence said:

He's one of my favorite sword users right now. I gave him Fury, Vantage and Luna and he one rounds Hectors and BIkes pretty easily (specially if he initiates combat).

Shield Pulse is pretty good on long runs like TT where he charges it super quick but needs heal support and such.

Also, maintenance? Lol I was unaware of it, I haven't even logged in the game.

Yup, I reckon I'll use him more after building him. That being said, I have so many sword users already built that he isn't top priority right now, despite being one of my favourites... I have way too many favourite characters xD. It's a hard life to prioritise. I'll probably go with something similar to the build you gave :) But I'll see ^.^

7 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Hilariously, the subreddit posted the info before gamepress did.

Irony.

Read through it again.

Here:

Spoiler

Olivia 34/28/34/16/28 (140 BST)

Shigure 34/31/29/21/24 (139 BST)

Inigo 37/28/33/22/20 (140 BST)

Azura 35/32/34/20/28 (149 BST)

Source.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Kind of wishing there was at least one other 1-range dancer now... 140 sounds eh...

Stat total isn’t as important as how those stats are distributed, especially since some stats clearly will have more value than others depending on the unit.

Even in arena it isn’t a huge issue. Merge levels improve your score much more than stat total does.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Stat total isn’t as important as how those stats are distributed, especially since some stats clearly will have more value than others depending on the unit.

Even in arena it isn’t a huge issue. Merge levels improve your score much more than stat total does.

Yeah. But it's just that it hits pretty low. I'm not crazy into arena BST stuff but it still looks low. I'm still going to pull for them though.

Also, it's a bit weird that they just gave them BoF 3. Rip Egg Tomes, not like they ever lived.

Edit: Also someone on reddit said

2* Draug has 138 BST

5* Shigure has 139 BST

Edited by KongDude

11 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Also, it's a bit weird that they just gave them BoF 3. Rip Egg Tomes, not like they ever lived.

I was a bit surprised to see them give the dancers a PS1 Capcom RPG too, but I think it'll have interesting effects on the meta.

I mentioned it on the actual topic, but Olivia is almost entirely a better Felicia. On enemy phase with Distant Defense, she gets +5 Atk, -3 Spd, +4 Def and -1 Res (-4 with Felicia's default A skill) in comparison, which can even out to a very solid +5 Atk, +1 Def, and -1 Res with +Spd/-Def. Not to mention, Dancer's Fan+ is literally Felicia's weapon combined with Felicia's default C skill. And they both have pink hair in a ponytail, and now dark clothing... it almost seems intentional.

Edited by DefaultBeep

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Yeah. But it's just that it hits pretty low. I'm not crazy into arena BST stuff but it still looks low. I'm still going to pull for them though.

Edit: Also someone on reddit said

Draug doesn't have access to dance, isn't ranged and has only one mov. Though I won't lie, Shigure looks like the worst of the bunch because of how balanced his stats are. At least Inigo has decent spd even if his atk is slightly lower.

But bad BST were to be expected. The usual BST range for melee infantry units is 158-157. Ranged unit have a -10 BST modifier and being dancers adds another -8, bringing their BST in the 140-139 range. 

57 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Draug doesn't have access to dance, isn't ranged and has only one mov. Though I won't lie, Shigure looks like the worst of the bunch because of how balanced his stats are. At least Inigo has decent spd even if his atk is slightly lower.

But bad BST were to be expected. The usual BST range for melee infantry units is 158-157. Ranged unit have a -10 BST modifier and being dancers adds another -8, bringing their BST in the 140-139 range. 

It's just a bit sad that they have comparable stats when they're three rarities apart.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I mentioned it on the actual topic, but Olivia is almost entirely a better Felicia. On enemy phase with Distant Defense, she gets +5 Atk, -3 Spd, +4 Def and -1 Res (-4 with Felicia's default A skill) in comparison, which can even out to a very solid +5 Atk, +1 Def, and -1 Res with +Spd/-Def. Not to mention, Dancer's Fan+ is literally Felicia's weapon combined with Felicia's default C skill. And they both have pink hair in a ponytail, and now dark clothing... it almost seems intentional.

They’re not comparable in the slighest.

34 Res after boosts is abysmal, and it can’t be enhanced any further with color advantage.

Olivia’s choice of dagger is similarly irrelevant. Felicia’s strongest build by far is +Res with Distant Defense and Rogue Dagger, which hits nearly 50 Res. And even then, Felicia’s HP cap hampers her ability to tank if she’s not on a fort tile. Olivia doesn’t come anywhere near that level of magical bulk.

Olivia is still better purely because she can dance though, fair enough.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

34 Res after boosts is abysmal, and it can’t be enhanced any further with color advantage.

Olivia’s choice of dagger is similarly irrelevant. Felicia’s strongest build by far is +Res with Distant Defense and Rogue Dagger, which hits nearly 50 Res. And even then, Felicia’s HP cap hampers her ability to tank if she’s not on a fort tile. Olivia doesn’t come anywhere near that level of magical bulk.

Id probably run QR Felicia with Poison dagger if i build her idk. 

Her main purpose was Mage tank right? So long as she can ORCounter that god damn Cellica without dying shes fine in my book

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Id probably run QR Felicia with Poison dagger if i build her idk. 

Her main purpose was Mage tank right? So long as she can ORCounter that god damn Cellica without dying shes fine in my book

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'll admit, I was mostly just comparing their base kits and stats. Their similarities both as units and in hairstyles just struck me as surprisingly similar. I didn't know what kind of kit Felicia normally uses, but it's good to see that she still can still excel at her own niche.

34 Res certainly isn't tanky, but for a ranged dancer unit, it's certainly usable, and lets her take hits from mages if necessary without too much concern. Plus... it's still better than Inigo's and Shigure's, who are the actual mage dancers.

The dagger point was just to continue pointing out how the comparisons they have at base. It means very little, but it's just funny to me that both of its effects just combine Felicia's weapon with her base C skill.

No matter what I think, I can't think of anything I could do for Fir or Sully...

...but good thing Frederick is mah main man! Hee hee hee.

Also, can we just get an Askrian unit with "Heroes Valor" or something, just so we have ONE unit to use for all SP grinding instead of what is looking will become freaking 9, 12 if Breaths get 3 separate Valors?

Edited by Xenomata

25 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also, can we just get an Askrian unit with "Heroes Valor" or something, just so we have ONE unit to use for all SP grinding instead of what is looking will become freaking 9, 12 if Breaths get 3 separate Valors?

What's even "better" is that all but one of the soon-to-be five Valors we've gotten thus far are tied to seasonal heroes and the one that isn't is still tied to a 5* exclusive. Though yeah, it'd be really ridiculous if they don't just have a single Breath Valor as opposed to having one for each color. Unlike with mages, there's nowhere near enough manaketes in the game to justify having three separate Valors for them.

38 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

No matter what I think, I can't think of anything I could do for Fir or Sully...

...but good thing Frederick is mah main man! Hee hee hee.

In my case, Fir is Glacies fodder and Sully would lend Draw Back or Spur Def. Anybody would like Swordbreaker but I detest having incomplete skill slots.

Is there any new info about the update asides from the Performing Banner?

= EDIT =

WAIT. Sully is the perfect fodder for Mae to give her Spur Def 3 and boost Boey's Def by +8 (+2 owl +4 spur +2 support). Dat 40 def is something hot! Specially dat +32 dmg from Ignis.

= EDIT II =

Oh and Earth Boost to kick that def up to 46 holy shit

= EDIT III =

And Spur Def Seal for Mae because we have to have more def. Plus Fort Def for a ridic 52 def omg I die. Now I need to find Spur Atk or Spur Spd for Boey to boost Mae's offense.

Edited by Quintessence

Well my phone charger is dead, or it's covered in tar-smelling chocolate, don't care that thing is NOT going anywhere near my phone.

Thankfully the Nintendo Switch charger works as a replacement, but... I need to be able to transfer songs to my computer... maybe I can link my laptop and Verizon LG G5 via bluetooth or something...

41 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

What's even "better" is that all but one of the soon-to-be five Valors we've gotten thus far are tied to seasonal heroes and the one that isn't is still tied to a 5* exclusive. Though yeah, it'd be really ridiculous if they don't just have a single Breath Valor as opposed to having one for each color. Unlike with mages, there's nowhere near enough manaketes in the game to justify having three separate Valors for them.

Not just that, but Manaketes all share breaths, despite color differences. Fae can get Lightning Breath+ from Adult Tiki for instance. It wouldn't make sense for just the weapons to be shared, right?

33 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

In my case, Fir is Glacies fodder and Sully would lend Draw Back or Spur Def. Anybody would like Swordbreaker but I detest having incomplete skill slots.

Same. I don't even bother giving units who clearly like Quick Riposte the skill unless I have a promoted QR fodder ready. Besides, Abel does that just fine.

But... I mean, how do I make them work for the quests? Do I just reset Training Tower until I get all Greens or all Reds?

34 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

But... I mean, how do I make them work for the quests? Do I just reset Training Tower until I get all Greens or all Reds?

As long as you have dancers and a healer you won't need to rig stuff. Use Olivia for Hone Atk 3 and have some extra buffs like Hone Spd or any Fort (specially Def) or a Balm skill. I'd rather use the warriora map to train quest units, or any unit. Enemies there have little defenses and your units should quickly kill them because theu have average spd and low defs so Fir won't have an issue as long as your support is strong.

Sully is easier because she can get Sapphire Lance to stomp anything that is red. In fact, you can train both at the same time as Fir covers Sully's weakness.

Edited by Quintessence

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Sully's fine at base. Sapphire Lance plus lancebreaker. Keep her on standby as a 4 star for AA runs if you need a red counter. +Atk so that her doubles on swordies result in ~8 extra damage. Or 10 if you 5 star her.